Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>How Do I Claim My Employees Wages?
daycaremom88 12:09 PM 03-10-2016
Hi. I have never had an employee before last year so I am new to what I need to do as far as forms and claiming their wages paid. I had a very part time employee from June-September 2015. I didn't take taxes out because I didn't know better and now I don't know how to claim everything for it? Has anyone not taken taxes out with their employee?
TomCopeland 07:12 AM 03-11-2016
Originally Posted by daycaremom88:
Hi. I have never had an employee before last year so I am new to what I need to do as far as forms and claiming their wages paid. I had a very part time employee from June-September 2015. I didn't take taxes out because I didn't know better and now I don't know how to claim everything for it? Has anyone not taken taxes out with their employee?
You can deduct the wages paid employees on Schedule C, line 26. You must withhold Social Security/Medicare taxes. Since you didn't pay them for long you won't owe federal unemployment taxes, but you may owe state unemployment taxes. Here's an article about the forms you should file: http://tomcopelandblog.com/the-many-...ng-an-employee
Tags:deduction - employee, deduction - payroll
Reply Up