Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Me Dr Internet
Controlled Chaos 11:28 AM 06-08-2016
So I have 2 kids here with HFM, I have decided to accept them as long as they are fever free, sores scabbed over and able to participate. All parents know thr virus is here and come at their own risk.

So now 2 kids have a different type of rash. Does this still look like HFM or do I have 2 things floating around now?
Attached: image.jpg (68.9 KB) 
LysesKids 12:05 PM 06-08-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
So I have 2 kids here with HFM, I have decided to accept them as long as they are fever free, sores scabbed over and able to participate. All parents know thr virus is here and come at their own risk.

So now 2 kids have a different type of rash. Does this still look like HFM or do I have 2 things floating around now?
I always tell parents they have to take a child to DR for a diagnose for any unexplained rash; not my job to figure it out, because what happens if I am wrong?
Controlled Chaos 01:39 PM 06-08-2016
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I always tell parents they have to take a child to DR for a diagnose for any unexplained rash; not my job to figure it out, because what happens if I am wrong?
I had never encountered rashes before, it totally caught me off guard, not sure why lol I am great at being firm about fevers and children not being able to participate. Bleh. Well sending kids to dr at pick up and requiring a note to return. I feel like an idiot. It's awkward saying "your child is acting totally fine and now everyone has been exposed but NOW I need you to take them in".
Miss A 01:42 PM 06-08-2016
HFM presents it's self in various ways early on. When I worked in a center. All 15 of my infants in my class were out over a course of 2 weeks with it. All presented different symptoms, and all sores had their own unique look. I would share this photo with the children's parent and recommend a DR visit to rule anything out.
Ariana 03:20 PM 06-08-2016
A rash like that gets a call to the parents to pick up and cannot be returned unless seen by a DR to get a diagnosis and treatment has either begun or the child is no longer contagious.
Controlled Chaos 03:47 PM 06-08-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
A rash like that gets a call to the parents to pick up and cannot be returned unless seen by a DR to get a diagnosis and treatment has either begun or the child is no longer contagious.
All parents have been told to get a DR not before they return. I will not accept kids without one next time. Funny how each new situation makes a new branch of backbone grow and practiced responses.
Tags:illness policy
Reply Up