Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Easy Pizza
SilverSabre25 07:18 PM 12-08-2010
I make this a lot, both for daycare and for my family.

Total preparation time: 5 minutes or less

Ingredients (per slice)
1 slice of bread
spaghetti sauce
mozzerella cheese
pizza toppings

Spread sauce on bread. Sprinkle on cheese. Add any other toppings you want. Heat in toaster oven until cheese is browned and bubbly. Eat!

We usually just put pepperoni on it, but you could do whatever toppings you want. Fast, easy way to have individual pizzas that are actually rather healthy--whole grain bread, spaghetti sauce (it's healthy on spaghetti, right?), low fat cheese...pepperoni (if you use it) is the worst part and it's not *that* bad.
broncomom1973 04:34 PM 12-10-2010
I read this recipe today and decided to try it on the english muffins that I had in the fridge. The kids each "made" their own and they were pretty good. Thanks for the idea
Abigail 10:17 PM 12-12-2010
I do the same thing, but wish bagels because they don't get a mushy while they're baked. It's also faster to use the microwave for 30 seconds too if you don't have access to an oven. I really love using prego sauce and parmesan cheese. YUM
Unregistered 06:22 AM 12-17-2010
Same idea,

But use whole wheat pita shells as the pizza crust.
Xylifrost 03:12 PM 01-19-2011
I made these tonight for dinner, it was easy, and they were very good. I made mine with the cresent rolls, pizza sauce, and string cheese, and I also added pepperoni to the ones I made for sd_dogger. We both thought they were delicious, and it took me less than 20 minutes to make, including baking time.
Unregistered 04:04 PM 01-22-2011
I make pizza bread for my family every Friday. It is a healthier alternative to frozen pizza and MUCH cheaper we use

Wheat Breat
Tomatoe Sauce
Low fat mozzerlla cheese
Veggies- ie: mushrooms, green peppers, and tomatoes
Tags:pizza, recipe, snack
Reply Up