Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need a Craft Idea
cheerfuldom 06:42 AM 07-02-2012
I need a craft idea for my kids night/parents night. Its for mainly preschoolers and young grade schoolers. I have a ton of misc. craft items like pipe cleaners, pom poms and that sort of thing.....what craft could I turn the kids loose on that would be minimally directed and take 20 minutes or more? It doesnt have to be a specific thing, I was thinking more of a general idea that the kids can then use their creativity to personalize with the odds and ends that I have.

Also, need an activity idea. Last time we played games, all having balloons as part of the games. The kids REALLY liked this but it predictably got a little wild. Any other ideas for a non-craft activity that we can do? something where we can get moving but that doesnt involve getting out of control because we do have some young ones in the group.
godiva83 10:08 AM 07-02-2012
My mind is sadly not working and I am coming up blank lol

Have you searched Pinterest for ideas yet?

What about making sun visors using foam paper, or decorating flip flops I know Old Navy had them on for $1 not too sure if they still do.
Or decorating a cut out of a swimsuit.
Coffee filter flowers with eye dropers are always easy too

As for a planned activity I saw a really neat thing on of course Pinterest, where you take a large piece of chicken wire make a tube stick pool noodles thru it and fill with balls from a ball pit, then each person takes a turn pulling out a stick and hope the balls don't fall.
I know you don't want wild but going with your balloon ideas you could make paddles with paper plates and large Popsicle sticks ( have kids decorate the paddle for craft) and Play keep up.

Good luck
Mary Poppins 06:37 PM 07-02-2012
How about have them make good, old fashioned sock puppets (of themselves maybe?) and everyone puts on a puppet show during activity time? That way they will have fun making the craft and during puppet time one or two can be crazy but contained at a time while the rest sit quietly and watch.
Reply Up