Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Food Program
jgcp 05:51 PM 05-15-2015
Im with a food program here and Im having alot of issues with the area coordinator. Shes is super rude and started getting really snippy today with me because she showed up on a day when I dont have the kids i claim for afternoon snack ( i never have these kids on fri and they are the only kids ive ever claimed for afternoon mon-thur) she got super mad and in front of the kids and would have slammed my door if i hadnt have been holding it? now shes taking corrective action against me and im pissed since this is NOT my fault she dosnt look at my paperwork which would say i only claim the little kids for three meals B,MS, L. GRRRR she text me to tell me i wouldnt get my reimbursment for may1-15 and had to do all this stuff for the next three months? Sooo i let her know i thought she was extremly unprofessional and i did not appriciate the way she treated me in my home ( my backup provider dropped the food program because of the way this lady treated her) I told her do whatever she needs to do to feel better that she didnt do her part as a coordinator. I hate living is this small town with no other resources around
itlw8 08:34 PM 05-15-2015
is she just the rep or is she also a bigwig with the sponsor. If she is just a rep then do you have the email of the sponsor? While we are supposed to contact them if not open or leaving for some reason. It sounds like you NEVER have them at pm snack . You can and should fight this I assume you have to write a correction plan. I would state the facts in this plan and that it was her error . all communication with her should be in writing and send a copy to the sponsor.
Josiegirl 07:47 AM 05-16-2015
Wow!! Can't she see her own mistake or just too proud(stupid) to admit it?? Can you go over her head and file a complaint? If not, I'd quit the program. Doesn't sound like it's worth the headache to me.
snbauser 11:47 AM 05-16-2015
I'm confused as to what type of corrective action she is planning on taking? If you don't have the kids and aren't claiming the kids for that meal, then you aren't in violation of any rules? And if you aren't in violation of any rules, then how can she deny your claim for the first half of the month?

As far as her attitude, I would definitely take it to her boss. No one has the right to treat anyone that way.
jgcp 06:47 PM 05-16-2015
Im wondering the same thing about the corrective action (shes going to have me submit my sign in/ out sheets for the next three months??) oh and she text me all this after she left HEllO have some decency to call with that kind of stuff. All she would of had to do is take a look in my file and see Oh what do ya know she claims no kiddos on fri in the afternoon, huh ill go mon then.... SOOOO simple. I will be calling on mon, i tried fri but no one answered... besides what ive experienced myself i have heard awful things about her from other providers, and maybe she thinks i wont say anything because obviously others havnt, but i dont like bullies and thats exactly what she is and is abusing her authority!! I delt with a big bully at my last job( bullied several ppl everyday uggg) and that was a huge reason i left and now there is another one! grrrrrr
Blackcat31 07:47 AM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by jgcp:
Im wondering the same thing about the corrective action (shes going to have me submit my sign in/ out sheets for the next three months??) oh and she text me all this after she left HEllO have some decency to call with that kind of stuff. All she would of had to do is take a look in my file and see Oh what do ya know she claims no kiddos on fri in the afternoon, huh ill go mon then.... SOOOO simple. I will be calling on mon, i tried fri but no one answered... besides what ive experienced myself i have heard awful things about her from other providers, and maybe she thinks i wont say anything because obviously others havnt, but i dont like bullies and thats exactly what she is and is abusing her authority!! I delt with a big bully at my last job( bullied several ppl everyday uggg) and that was a huge reason i left and now there is another one! grrrrrr
Call your sponsoring agency and speak with her supervisor.
We had a similar situation here a few years back. One provider complained and it turned out everyone had issues with the gal but no one knew the others did too. She was "reassigned" elsewhere.

Now we have a couple different options as far as sponsoring agencies to choose from so A LOT of providers moved to a different sponsor and the original one realized it was because of THEIR rep so...

Id call and speak with her supervisor. What she did and how she acted was not okay. Especially because there were kids present.
jgcp 10:36 AM 05-18-2015
So I called this morning and the supervisor said " please accept my apology on her behalf" ( um no i will not because she needs to do it) and she just kept making excuses for her... i told her everyone is dealing with/ going through something that does not mean we treat ppl like that. And i told her i dont know if i want her back in my home. I also found out besides my backup, everyone up here has issues with her. I told the lady the corrective action for me is whatever but i do want this delt with, she told me to just turn my menues in and they will allow them. she said she would talk to her... we will see what happens but im sure nothing will. I happened to talk to a provider who used to do reps job and in fact trained her and said this is the wrong job for her and more than half the providers that were signed up dropped because of her. HELLO FOOD PROGRAM YOU HAVE A PROBLEM ON YOUR HANDS
Blackcat31 11:00 AM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by jgcp:
So I called this morning and the supervisor said " please accept my apology on her behalf" ( um no i will not because she needs to do it) and she just kept making excuses for her... i told her everyone is dealing with/ going through something that does not mean we treat ppl like that. And i told her i dont know if i want her back in my home. I also found out besides my backup, everyone up here has issues with her. I told the lady the corrective action for me is whatever but i do want this delt with, she told me to just turn my menues in and they will allow them. she said she would talk to her... we will see what happens but im sure nothing will. I happened to talk to a provider who used to do reps job and in fact trained her and said this is the wrong job for her and more than half the providers that were signed up dropped because of her. HELLO FOOD PROGRAM YOU HAVE A PROBLEM ON YOUR HANDS
If you can network with other area providers, then that is the route I would go... have them all sign a petition stating you will be requesting a new sponsoring agent if they agency does not deal with this woman as they should, instead of make excuses for her.

Your sponsor will not want to lose all of the area providers and that CAN happen if they don't properly address this. There is a "higher up" you can go to also if the sponsoring agency doesn't start acting instead of excusing. I will see if I can find that info and post it here for you...just in case.

I don't think you should let this go. I'd go as high up as I could.

Nothing I hate worse than a person bullying others because they have the false sense of authority over them.
jgcp 03:26 PM 05-18-2015
Thanks Blackcat i feel the same way!! I cant stand bullies and as providers we dont get much backup from anyone so having as much info as possible will be greatly appritiated!
Reply Up