Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>rates and policy changes
JaxsMommy 12:52 PM 01-08-2016
Are daycares allowed to change their policies and rates in the middle of the year? My son is in vpk and we have been able to pay by day for wrap around care since the beginning of the school year. Now the daycare is trying to make it to where we have to pay for the whole week and increase the rates. Is this allowed?
Blackcat31 12:58 PM 01-08-2016
Originally Posted by JaxsMommy:
Are daycares allowed to change their policies and rates in the middle of the year? My son is in vpk and we have been able to pay by day for wrap around care since the beginning of the school year. Now the daycare is trying to make it to where we have to pay for the whole week and increase the rates. Is this allowed?
Is this a privately owned center or daycare? If so, yes...they can change policies and/or raise rates any time they wish to do so.

If it's a school run or other agency run organization, you'd have to check with their administration department or the director.

Does your contract or handbook specifically address changes to the contract or rates?

Mine says I can change whatever I want, whenever I want WITH a minimum of a 2 week notice of change.
Reply Up