Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How To Give Two Weeks Notice?
Unregistered 12:07 PM 03-20-2017
I've been working at this preschool/daycare for over a few months now, and the problems I had at first are only getting worse. There's no structure, yet conversely, there's weird rules that I don't necessarily agree with. Overall, it just isn't a good fit for me. I was supposed to work until December next year but earlier I told her that I wouldn't be returning the next year. I thought that a week long spring break would help me reset and make it to the summer, but even that didn't work. I literally spent a good portion worrying about going back because of work.

I need to quit for my mental health and my grades (college student). The problem is, it's a small home daycare where the director has only me and another assistant. She doesn't even have that many kids (ranging from 3-8), but I don't think she can handle them without an assistant.

I know from someone else that when her friend tried to quit, she tried to guilt her into staying. I also got that impression from an email I sent her where I asked if she was looking int hiring anyone yet (I offered to help her hire at the college Education Department). She made it pretty clear she wasn't happy and she told me that "This is not a good time for me to let you go completely. I have so much to do and you did commit when I hired you." Personally, this just stressed me out more. I feel like I'm more of an indentured servant than a paid employee.

How do I give two weeks notice without making those next two weeks extremely awkward?
Tags:two week notice
Up