Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Office Area in Daycare Room?
permanentvacation 08:19 PM 10-26-2014
Do you have an office area in your daycare room, or is your daycare room strictly daycare items?
Play Care 03:03 AM 10-27-2014
Strictly day care. My dining room, which is closed off to the kids, holds my office things. I simply don't have the space in the day care room.
daycarediva 03:51 AM 10-27-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Strictly day care. My dining room, which is closed off to the kids, holds my office things. I simply don't have the space in the day care room.
Same.

At our former home/my old set up, I had the space and had a 'teachers desk' and I loved it. I could do paperwork sitting down AND supervise the kids. Now it mostly gets done at nap.
Hazel 05:42 AM 10-27-2014
The way my house is set up for normal use: large open area from front door to door to the kitchen. Halfway down the room, my steps go up so the second half of the room is more narrow. So large area is used as a play room, narrower area is my living room (love seat with back to playroom separates the spaces). There isn't any room for my office in either area BUT I have a very large kitchen and one corner is awkward to use for anything except my desk. So that's where it goes. Recently I was able to get my hands on a large vintage (1930s) hoosier cabinet... Once that's refinished it will serve as my desk and will look so much better in my kitchen! I have the origional 1950s steel cabinets so the hoosier will blend much better! Can't wait to get it finished! Plus, it's like a hutch with lots of closed cabinets and drawers, so all the mess will be hidden! Lol
Play Care 07:15 AM 10-27-2014
Originally Posted by Hazel:
The way my house is set up for normal use: large open area from front door to door to the kitchen. Halfway down the room, my steps go up so the second half of the room is more narrow. So large area is used as a play room, narrower area is my living room (love seat with back to playroom separates the spaces). There isn't any room for my office in either area BUT I have a very large kitchen and one corner is awkward to use for anything except my desk. So that's where it goes. Recently I was able to get my hands on a large vintage (1930s) hoosier cabinet... Once that's refinished it will serve as my desk and will look so much better in my kitchen! I have the origional 1950s steel cabinets so the hoosier will blend much better! Can't wait to get it finished! Plus, it's like a hutch with lots of closed cabinets and drawers, so all the mess will be hidden! Lol
I LOVE hoosiers!!! My aunt has one and it's just so practical and gorgeous!
Hazel 07:31 AM 10-27-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I LOVE hoosiers!!! My aunt has one and it's just so practical and gorgeous!
The big one I have needs a lot of work but it has really good "bones". I recently scored and found a "mini" one too! It's half the width of the traditional ones and is Art Deco style. Previous owners had stripped it so that saves me a lot of issues when I go to put it back to its original white! Kitchen has the steel white cabinets, we will ain't the Hoosiers white, yellow walls and turquoise, red and yellow accents! Super excited! I have a small collection of vintage pyrex, a vintage serving cart and vintage Costco stool! Can't wait to start getting it all together in the spring!
permanentvacation 08:50 AM 10-27-2014
Thank you all for responding. I never really had an office area in my daycare. I had mine tucked away in a weird corner in the kitchen like Hazel said hers is in one home I owned. Then in another house, I had it in the dining room which I didn't use for daycare. This house, a townhouse, I have it to the right of the front door as you enter the living room, which I use for daycare as well as the dining room. But it just seems like it takes up too much space, I have the wires from the computer, printer, adding machine, and pencil sharpener all tucked over by the wall, but you can still see them and a few parents have made comments about them. I think I might move at least some of my office to my bedroom and leave the daily bare minimum in the daycare room.
Annalee 08:56 AM 10-27-2014
My office area is compacted in my laptop It follows me wherever I go
Blackcat31 09:04 AM 10-27-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
My office area is compacted in my laptop It follows me wherever I go
Same here.

EVERYTHING I do from business to personal is on my laptop.

I also store files and certain things I need to access on-line so I can access them from other devices when needed.
Unregistered 05:57 PM 10-27-2014
Ok I had to look up hoosiers
and now i realy REALY want one !!!
LysesKids 04:53 AM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
Do you have an office area in your daycare room, or is your daycare room strictly daycare items?
My office is in a corner of my bedroom... the only thing that comes out into main area is my work laptop as it's used for the music and I can do paperwork etc while kids nap (wireless MacBook & printer so I can even print & the kids won't hear it because printer isn't out here). My littles are all under 2.
LysesKids 06:04 AM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
My office is in a corner of my bedroom... the only thing that comes out into main area is my work laptop as it's used for the music and I can do paperwork etc while kids nap (wireless MacBook & printer so I can even print & the kids won't hear it because printer isn't out here). My littles are all under 2.
Caught again on old posts... that's what happens when you are finishing taxes last minute lol
Mike 09:55 AM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Caught again on old posts... that's what happens when you are finishing taxes last minute lol
Yup. I saw the post just before BC removed it and knew it was spam, especially because it was the same post on 4 old threads.
Tags:2014, advertisement, office space
Reply Up