Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Fairy Tales Curriculum versus....?
Josiegirl 02:51 AM 07-23-2015
I grew up on nursery rhymes and fairy tales. The dcks don't seem to get as exposed to those as much as years gone by.
I received an offer in my email for an online course, 10 hours, cost of $33. I forwarded it to my resource development coordinator, hoping it'll count towards my yearly required hours. The examples shown were really cool how the creator tied Fairy Tales in with real life learning.
I guess my question is how do you think it would work using Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes as the mainstay of a curriculum? Have any of you done it? How was it done and received?
My attempt at creating my own curriculum I used the alphabet which was fun. But I thought this would be fun too.
rosieteddy 05:59 AM 07-23-2015
Sounds fun if allowed . I give you credit I used Carols Affordable Curriculm and just added my own touch.Super easy and covered for liscencing.
Annalee 09:06 AM 07-23-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I grew up on nursery rhymes and fairy tales. The dcks don't seem to get as exposed to those as much as years gone by.
I received an offer in my email for an online course, 10 hours, cost of $33. I forwarded it to my resource development coordinator, hoping it'll count towards my yearly required hours. The examples shown were really cool how the creator tied Fairy Tales in with real life learning.
I guess my question is how do you think it would work using Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes as the mainstay of a curriculum? Have any of you done it? How was it done and received?
My attempt at creating my own curriculum I used the alphabet which was fun. But I thought this would be fun too.
I think curriculum for FCC can be done in a multiple of ways. Nursery rhymes would be great. Mary Had a Little Lamb would be wonderful for august/september when kids go back to school. A community helper could be teacher or farmer or both. You could bring in Farm Animals for science. I incorporate letters/numbers/shapes/colors into every theme so I don't pick those for the month but if you wanted the color could be red for the barn. You could tie in following the rules for social emotional as the lamb going to school was not appropriate. You could have multiple pics for Mary from the interntet which would cover diversity/multicultural. Art center could have magazines, scissors, paper and glue for the kids to make their own collages. The ideas are endless...I am doing Apples, All about me, and farm animals for September when I begin my preschool curriculum so that is why Mary Had a Little Lamb is on my mind. I use the Mailbox magazine, pinterest, many child care websites,and other provider's curriculum to come up with my monthly topics. I don't have a set yearly schedule necessarily, just pick 3 or 4 themes I want to do as the month approaches.
Reply Up