Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Baby Teeth Growth
284878 07:46 AM 04-20-2017
I have 2 babies one month apart. Around Valentine's day, both DCM came in and said the baby had cut a tooth. Sure enough, they both did. DCB2, the younger one now has 2 teeth fully out. While DCB1 has 3 teeth at different levels and none of them are fully out. The 1st tooth is half out (compared to the size of DCB2 teeth, dcb1 tooth is less than half), the 2nd tooth you can barely see one corner and the 3rd one you can only feel.

I told both DCM and DCD that I was concerned about how long it was taking dcb 1st tooth to become a whole tooth. I suggested since he is almost one, to check with a dentist on whether that is normal.

Other signs are that he will only eat soft foods, does not sleep well anymore --- here or at home, is a bearable but cranky/ clingy mood a lot of the time.

Is this normal for a tooth to take this long to fully come through? (currently, it has been just over 2 months)
Jupadia 11:05 AM 04-20-2017
I think some kids take longer. My youngest just got his first 2 teeth two weeks after turning 1 year. He then popped the next 2 about 2 weeks later. It took about 1.5 months to fully come in for bother sets of 2. He now got 2 more mid March and they are about half way.

He has no problem eating chunks of softish food (not hard) and has from about 8 months. Now the teeth just help him break off bits himself easier.
Reply Up