Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's So Hard To Say Goodbye!
Miss A 05:31 AM 04-25-2017
My favorite Family came this morning and broke the news that mom got a new job in a different town, and toddler will have to find a new daycare. Mom cried, I cried, and I am still crying! This is my absolute favorite little girl, and I am having such a hard time with this! There is always one you connect with on a deeper level, and she is definitely my one. 😥😥😥

Plus, now I have to fill a spot again, and filling spots gives me anxiety! I am going to take it slow though. I can make it financially will a spot open, and I want to enjoy this time with my own baby.
Blackcat31 05:33 AM 04-25-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
My favorite Family came this morning and broke the news that mom got a new job in a different town, and toddler will have to find a new daycare. Mom cried, I cried, and I am still crying! This is my absolute favorite little girl, and I am having such a hard time with this! There is always one you connect with on a deeper level, and she is definitely my one. 😥😥😥

Plus, now I have to fill a spot again, and filling spots gives me anxiety! I am going to take it slow though. I can make it financially will a spot open, and I want to enjoy this time with my own baby.

Sahmmie 06:02 AM 04-25-2017
Oh, that is sad. Why does she have to find new care due to a new job?
Miss A 06:26 AM 04-25-2017
Originally Posted by Sahmmie:
Oh, that is sad. Why does she have to find new care due to a new job?
I live between the town she lives in and the town she works in. New job is in the town she lives in, so she won't need to travel past my home. It is a better fit for their family life, but both mom and I are so sad about the change.
Meeko 01:40 PM 04-25-2017
It doesn't have to be goodbye. This photo is of my most favorite daycare kid of all time. The one in the middle..not the baby!!!

When my husband left the Air Force, we moved from Oklahoma back to Utah. I had 8 daycare kids and I shed tears leaving them all, but I broke my heart leaving Jordan. I had had her from birth to 2 and a half. They lived across the street from us and she was an extension of my own family. Her dad was active duty Air Force and her mom was a city police officer. So I sometimes had Jordan long hours.

But we kept in touch. I got dance recital photos and Christmas photos. I got graduation announcements and a wedding invitation. Now...we talk almost daily on Facebook and she asks me advice concerning her own son!!

I usually like to keep it "just business" with my clients, but this family were neighbors and friends and I truly loved Jordan. I feel blessed to have her in my life.

So keep in touch with your family if you want. It's even easier nowadays with e-mail and FB etc.
Attached: 1524415_10203533626567220_1743452131844140378_o.jpg (443.9 KB) 
e.j. 02:20 PM 04-25-2017

I'm sorry; I know it's hard. I just lost one of my all time favorite families last week. I've had their kids with me for the past 9 years. It was hard to see them drive away for the last time.

Three additional kids will be aging out by the end of the summer/beginning of the school year. I'm dreading it because I love these kids as if they were my own. You'd think after almost 21 years I'd be used to it. It gets easier but never easy.
Sahmmie 03:55 PM 04-25-2017
I live between the town she lives in and the town she works in. New job is in the town she lives in, so she won't need to travel past my home. It is a better fit for their family life, but both mom and I are so sad about the change.
Oh, that's too bad. Maybe you can keep in touch.
AmyKidsCo 07:01 PM 04-25-2017
That's so hard.
Josiegirl 02:36 AM 04-26-2017
I agree with keeping in contact, technology does make it easier. But it's never quite the same as seeing them everyday and caring for their little one.
Here's hoping you get another family that equals the bonding you've had with this one. Sounds like they'd be lucky to have you!
happymom 10:55 AM 04-26-2017
This is how it was when we left my son's first daycare. It was SO SAD. I totally get it.

I sat in my car and cried every day for my 2 week notice. Thinking "only xx more days I will drop him off with her" (crying now thinking about it). My story does not have a happy ending as we are not still in contact only 2 years later.

I'm sorry you are losing her as a daycare kid =(
Miss A 01:22 PM 04-26-2017
Facebook, Snapchat and texting makes keeping in touch so much easier! I already had potential family lined up at 8 last night, someone I used to work with at a daycare center, who is now a med-surg nurse with my favorite DCM who is leaving. I loved this old co-worker, and know she will be a good fit. Fingers crossed it all works out!
happymom 02:09 PM 04-26-2017
Facebook, Snapchat and texting makes keeping in touch so much easier! I already had potential family lined up at 8 last night, someone I used to work with at a daycare center, who is now a med-surg nurse with my favorite DCM who is leaving. I loved this old co-worker, and know she will be a good fit. Fingers crossed it all works out!
Good luck! When I first saw "Miss A" on this forum I wondered if you could be my old provider and I think of her every time I see your name.
Reply Up