Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to word this?
Baby Beluga 10:01 AM 04-28-2017
Baby is having a procedure done in May. There is a follow up 2 weeks after the procedure is done. Procedure is already scheduled and I tried scheduling the follow up yesterday for 2 weeks after procedure date.

Nurse wouldn't let me. She said they call you 11-14 days after the procedure, see how baby is doing and will then schedule the follow up for a couple of days later I explained the nature of my job and said I can't just "take off work."

So - I am letting parents know of the procedure date closure, but how do I word a possible full day closure/early day closure for the follow up appointment?

I want to give parents as much notice as possible, but since I don't have the actual follow up appointment date it's hard to.
Annalee 10:04 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Baby is having a procedure done in May. There is a follow up 2 weeks after the procedure is done. Procedure is already scheduled and I tried scheduling the follow up yesterday for 2 weeks after procedure date.

Nurse wouldn't let me. She said they call you 11-14 days after the procedure, see how baby is doing and will then schedule the follow up for a couple of days later I explained the nature of my job and said I can't just "take off work."

So - I am letting parents know of the procedure date closure, but how do I word a possible full day closure/early day closure for the follow up appointment?

I want to give parents as much notice as possible, but since I don't have the actual follow up appointment date it's hard to.
Just say something like "there will be a follow up appt approximately 2 weeks from surgery, will let you know as soon as doctor confirms date but please keep in mind, thanks"
Laurie 10:08 AM 04-28-2017
I would explain the situation to them. Let them know what the nurse has told you. Give them plenty of warning that a day off will be coming, but you don't know the exact date yet.

I would hope most will understand that it's out of your hands.

I hope everything goes well with the procedure
KiwiKids 11:20 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Laurie:
I would explain the situation to them. Let them know what the nurse has told you. Give them plenty of warning that a day off will be coming, but you don't know the exact date yet.

I would hope most will understand that it's out of your hands.

I hope everything goes well with the procedure
Yes, just give them a window as a warning. I went through an unexpected medical situation, a flurry of tests and surgery this fall. My actual notice for surgery was 1 week but we all knew surgery was going to happen prior to that. I saw the surgeon and he said "next week" and I walked out of my appt and contacted my families. All of my families understood. Things like this are out of our control and most people understand that.

I hope everything goes well!
Reply Up