Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Collecting Payments. Inclement Weather...
SunflowerMama 02:26 PM 02-03-2011
So schools here just got canceled for tomorrow (Friday) so they have been out since Monday. We are supposed to get snow tonight and our roads are still all ice but somewhat manageable.

Tomorrow is payday but I probably won't have any kids again.

What would you do about collecting payment? I have bills scheduled to come out of my account and really need to receive payments tomorrow. Worse case I could cancel the payments but really don't want to do that.

2 of the families live in the same neighborhood and 2 within probably 3 miles. Could I ask them to swing them by tonight or maybe say just try and get them to me by noon on Saturday so I could get them in the bank (we are supposed to be back in the 50s by Saturday)?

What would you do??
JenNJ 02:55 PM 02-03-2011
If You wont be working, I would go collect them to ensure you have them when you need them.
Lilbutterflie 03:05 PM 02-03-2011
I would ask them if you can swing by tomorrow. I would think they should all be fine with that since they won't have to go anywhere.
misol 04:30 PM 02-03-2011
I agree with pp. If they are that close to you, offer to swing by and pick up the payments. If any decline your offer, charge them a late payment fee if they don't bring it by the specified time.
kendallina 06:23 PM 02-03-2011
Yup, call them and ask if you can swing by and pick up the payments otherwise you'll charge a late fee.
MARSTELAC 03:25 AM 02-21-2011
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
So schools here just got canceled for tomorrow (Friday) so they have been out since Monday. We are supposed to get snow tonight and our roads are still all ice but somewhat manageable.

Tomorrow is payday but I probably won't have any kids again.

What would you do about collecting payment? I have bills scheduled to come out of my account and really need to receive payments tomorrow. Worse case I could cancel the payments but really don't want to do that.

2 of the families live in the same neighborhood and 2 within probably 3 miles. Could I ask them to swing them by tonight or maybe say just try and get them to me by noon on Saturday so I could get them in the bank (we are supposed to be back in the 50s by Saturday)?

What would you do??
I anticipated this problem would happen today (payday) early last week when a big storm was in the forecast. I put a note on my invoices that as a reminder, payments are due Monday morning and if you might not be attending, you may leave a post-dated check with me before Monday. Got 3 checks left with me Friday and one dropped off over the weekend. Hope the rest pay on time this morning or they will be charged late fees. I don't care how much snow/ice we got this weekend!
Tags:collecting payment, inclement weather
Reply Up