Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Two Interviews Tonight!
Nickel 03:33 PM 08-20-2012
I have been talking to two families on care.com and they both called this morning and asked if they can schedule an appointment today Great! Now I can get it over with and not have to worry about two interviews on different days. One is scheduled for 5:30-6 (she's coming after work) the other for 7:30. One is 3 years old the other 2 months. I'm so excited! But really nervous. I printed out my information, have my interview cheat sheet, resume, and other paperwork.

But I used this new arm and hammer powder on the floor, and boy is it strong. I vaccuumed twice and it still smells like laundry detergent in here! Hopefully she doesn't have allergies! Jeez!

Well, wish me luck
DayCareDynasty 03:40 PM 08-20-2012
Congrats Nickel!

Hope you get the new enrollments
daycare 03:43 PM 08-20-2012
Originally Posted by Nickel:
I have been talking to two families on care.com and they both called this morning and asked if they can schedule an appointment today Great! Now I can get it over with and not have to worry about two interviews on different days. One is scheduled for 5:30-6 (she's coming after work) the other for 7:30. One is 3 years old the other 2 months. I'm so excited! But really nervous. I printed out my information, have my interview cheat sheet, resume, and other paperwork.

But I used this new arm and hammer powder on the floor, and boy is it strong. I vaccuumed twice and it still smells like laundry detergent in here! Hopefully she doesn't have allergies! Jeez!

Well, wish me luck
just curious why you printed out a resume? I have never heard that before??
Nickel 04:46 PM 08-20-2012

She said yes!!! And she is also recommending another mom! woohoo!!!!

One interview down, one to go!!!
Nickel 06:09 PM 08-20-2012
Well,

I couldn't get a read on family number 2. So I guess I'll see what they say. They don't need care until Sept so I imagine they are going to continue interviewing before they make a decision. But the baby was cute as a button!

As for the resume, I usually just print it off and it looks better than just a sheet of paper with references on it. It's a really easy paper that lists my classes, talents, employment etc. So it's all on one easy to read sheet of paper!
mema 06:15 PM 08-20-2012
Yay! Congrats on mom #1!
Good luck with #2
Truly Scrumptious 06:56 AM 08-21-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
just curious why you printed out a resume? I have never heard that before??
I give parents a short one page resume as well. It lists education, trainings, child care associations I am a member of, NAFCC accreditation, my star rating with the state, etc...then my references are listed at the bottom.
Nickel 06:38 PM 08-21-2012
Okay, so I am suddenly getting tons of contacts. Not sure what happened. Maybe people are just procrastinators, but with school starting next Monday, I've been getting emails and text messages (doesn't anyone call anymore?).

So I had another interview tonight. 8 month old, real cute but definitely some attachment issues. He even cried when I held him, and they only need part time. So I think he's going to have a hard time adjusting. But Mom and Dad are awesome and they KNOW he has attachment problems and it's one of the reasons they want him in child care. They have family watching him now, but they want him socialized part time.

Next interview is tomorrow. Student works MWF half day. So it's an awesome schedule. The problem is that she sometimes works T OR thr. She won't know until a week before. So I might have a hard time or some overlap between some students and the her child who is 11 months old.

And I got another lady who asked about full time care, but haven't heard back from her yet. So for weeks I've been stressing and now I have lots of contacts. We will see how many enrollments though. Wish me luck!
mema 11:33 AM 08-22-2012
Originally Posted by Nickel:
Okay, so I am suddenly getting tons of contacts. Not sure what happened. Maybe people are just procrastinators, but with school starting next Monday, I've been getting emails and text messages (doesn't anyone call anymore?).

So I had another interview tonight. 8 month old, real cute but definitely some attachment issues. He even cried when I held him, and they only need part time. So I think he's going to have a hard time adjusting. But Mom and Dad are awesome and they KNOW he has attachment problems and it's one of the reasons they want him in child care. They have family watching him now, but they want him socialized part time.

Next interview is tomorrow. Student works MWF half day. So it's an awesome schedule. The problem is that she sometimes works T OR thr. She won't know until a week before. So I might have a hard time or some overlap between some students and the her child who is 11 months old.

And I got another lady who asked about full time care, but haven't heard back from her yet. So for weeks I've been stressing and now I have lots of contacts. We will see how many enrollments though. Wish me luck!
That's how it seems to go. Nothing for the longest time and then BAM....everyone under the sun Good luck!
DCMama 10:10 PM 08-22-2012
Good Going Nickel I am super jealous of you right now! hope your find your wonderful family! If only I can use your left overs haha just kidding.
Tags:interview - multiple, potential families
Reply Up