Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Daycare.com Member

Me- "X, you have been a very good girl today! I am so happy!"
"X"(18 months) - "NO!"
Me- "Yes, you have been a good girl. That is a happy thing!"
"X"- "No, no, no" (while stomping away)
Old 05-17-2017, 06:28 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I've had a very crappy week, so far, with no signs of improvement. I read this entire thread and it really improved my attitude.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:15 AM
Daycare.com Member

It's going to be one of those days you just have to set back and laugh. It's 7:00 and so far---

DCG4 came in crying because DCG9 stepped on "her sidewalk"

DCG9 begged that we wait for the bus inside the garage because they went to the zoo yesterday and her legs were "exposed to too many UV rays". She wore pants yesterday.

DCB10 came in with his shorts on backwards because he didn't sleep well after getting braces tightened.

DD ran downstairs 2 minutes before the bus to the just put away winter stuff to get a stocking cap. They moved the classroom around and her new spot is under the AC vent. Her "hair is cold"

DS was so tired from his class trip he went out on the front porch to wait for the bus without socks and shoes on.

Let the games begin.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
I've had a very crappy week, so far, with no signs of improvement. I read this entire thread and it really improved my attitude.
This is my fave place to come when I am having a bad day!
Old 05-18-2017, 11:34 AM
going into a new business

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
It's going to be one of those days you just have to set back and laugh. It's 7:00 and so far---

DCG4 came in crying because DCG9 stepped on "her sidewalk"

DCG9 begged that we wait for the bus inside the garage because they went to the zoo yesterday and her legs were "exposed to too many UV rays". She wore pants yesterday.

DCB10 came in with his shorts on backwards because he didn't sleep well after getting braces tightened.

DD ran downstairs 2 minutes before the bus to the just put away winter stuff to get a stocking cap. They moved the classroom around and her new spot is under the AC vent. Her "hair is cold"

DS was so tired from his class trip he went out on the front porch to wait for the bus without socks and shoes on.

Let the games begin.
Sounds like a few should have just went back to bed.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:13 PM

My 3 yo has been resisting nap for nearly 2 hours. After 2 hours of lay down, close your eyes, shhhh, it's nap time, shhhh, quiet please, I gave up. She's not going to sleep.

I looked over at her and asked are you going to sleep today? She smiled and said, " Nope, not happening today. Today is a stay awake day."

Ok, you win. No nap.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

I got out the dress ups this morning and the 4 yo boys decided to they were hilarious and tried to put on the princes dresses. But they couldn't quite figure out how those darn things worked! The looks of genuine puzzlement on their faces was priceless as they tried to get them on. I guess they can just be glad they don't have to deal with heels and pantyhose!
Old 05-25-2017, 09:27 AM

Our weather has been cold, hot, cold lately. It was close to 95* the other day.

My 3 yo kept asking Papa, my dh, to turn the heater off because it was too hot.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:48 PM
Daycare.com Member

Yesterday my 5yo had an "ouch report"

Teacher says he drove a car into a friend and the friend in turn through a block at him and it hit him in the forehead.

I asked my 5yo about driving a car into his friend and he says "no! it drove by itself!"
Old 06-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Daycare.com Member

I LOVE yard work, I hopped on the riding mower when I got home last night since the lawn was FINALLY dry and I could NOT get it to start. I give in, call to dh, and it starts right up for him.

I get on, try it again, nothing.

We figured it out, I no longer weigh enough to start the mower. Dh added a 20lb weight on a chain to the seat and then it worked just fine.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I LOVE yard work, I hopped on the riding mower when I got home last night since the lawn was FINALLY dry and I could NOT get it to start. I give in, call to dh, and it starts right up for him.

I get on, try it again, nothing.

We figured it out, I no longer weigh enough to start the mower. Dh added a 20lb weight on a chain to the seat and then it worked just fine.
Love it!
Old 06-22-2017, 11:41 AM
Daycare.com Member

One of our classroom mice has a sense of humor. Tiger will wait till the other is running on the wheel then run under it & stand up, stopping it dead. After the running mouse goes tumbling out of the wheel Tiger climbs on to of the house and squeaks at Spot like "Haha!" She does this daily, usually many times a day. Even the classroom pets are crazy here.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Just had a lady call all frustrated because her daycare was closing for funerals and doctor appointments and stuff wanted to know if I could take her kids as drop-ins. When I said NO, she wanted to know if I knew anyone who would take her kids. I told her the website that listed all the daycares. I mean, really? Funerals and doctor appointments, this lady obviously has never been faced with a funeral or she would NOT have acted so uncaring. This generation of "all about me", is
Old 06-29-2017, 07:38 AM

This is posted in another group I am in:

Quote:
I have a dilemma! I have a 2 1/2 yr old dcg. Her mom says she should be potty trained before 3 yrs and is pushing it. This girl has no desire to go hard core. Mom now wants to take a week off work to stay at my house during daycare hours to train here!!! That's a first!!!
Um, no.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
This is posted in another group I am in:

Um, no.
I thought the dcm asking to stay for a DAY was bad. According to her dck is 100% potty trained at home. At here, he can't pull down his pants, let alone ask to go. AND he NEVER asks to go or goes when he is placed on the toilet.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:55 AM

I made 12 cupcakes in preparation for our hot tea and cupcake party, today.

I expected 3 kids, so gave 6 to my husband and sons last night.

Woke up dragging, expected 3 kids after 8, saw cupcakes, debated, won, treated myself to coffee, 2 cupcakes and an hour of peaceful screen time.

6 kids showed up.

I love the smell of fresh baking in the morning.

Tags
cute, funny, happy, inspirational topic, positive, sweet