Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Happy Dance
CityGarden 06:10 PM 06-05-2017
What a blessing!

I have had three children enroll or start since June 1st!! One on the 1st, one today and one this Thursday. Plus my family member who was using my program as back up care but was a PITA started full time at a program closer to the mom's work today so he is gone w/o my needing to terminate --- which was about to happen! I was just dreading each day he came. So good riddance.

It is a lot of work starting a new child in the program, teaching routines, and one little girl who attends T/Th does not speak any English which is a challenge but I am starting to see the $$$...... Plus I have my contract/rates/hours where I want them to be!!! All but one child is following my new hours/rates and I am so thankful I started small and slowly so I could work these kinks out now..... I am sure some items like my contract/handbook will be a living document that may always have some tweaking but I am very happy to have it tight before my enrollment started to build.
hwichlaz 06:14 PM 06-05-2017
A local large family daycare is retiring as soon as her house sells.....they are referring the good clients to me. I only have one spot open, but I'll ditch a part timer with an attitude to pick up another full timer....gleefully.

Congrats!!!
flying_babyb 08:34 PM 06-05-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
What a blessing!

It is a lot of work starting a new child in the program, teaching routines, and one little girl who attends T/Th does not speak any English which is a challenge but I am starting to see the $$$...... Plus I have my contract/rates/hours where I want them to be!!! All but one child is following my new hours/rates and I am so thankful I started small and slowly so I could work these kinks out now..... I am sure some items like my contract/handbook will be a living document that may always have some tweaking but I am very happy to have it tight before my enrollment started to build.
I love getting kids who are ESL learners! I have so much fun trying to communicate with them in a combo language. We have a 4 year old learning English and when you point to something, he says it in Spanish, I repeats it, then say it in English and he repletes! great for both of us
LovetheSun 12:02 AM 06-06-2017
What a blessing!

I have had three children enroll or start since June 1st!! One on the 1st, one today and one this Thursday. Plus my family member who was using my program as back up care but was a PITA started full time at a program closer to the mom's work today so he is gone w/o my needing to terminate --- which was about to happen! I was just dreading each day he came. So good riddance.

How great! Good job!
Josiegirl 02:17 AM 06-06-2017
Good for you!!!! Congratulations!
CityGarden 09:06 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
A local large family daycare is retiring as soon as her house sells.....they are referring the good clients to me. I only have one spot open, but I'll ditch a part timer with an attitude to pick up another full timer....gleefully.

Congrats!!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!
CityGarden 09:08 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
I love getting kids who are ESL learners! I have so much fun trying to communicate with them in a combo language. We have a 4 year old learning English and when you point to something, he says it in Spanish, I repeats it, then say it in English and he repletes! great for both of us
I am not in love with the ESL but the little girl is so sweet as is the family so I am willing to try it plus it will drastically improve the little girls English which is what the dad really wants.
CityGarden 09:09 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by LovetheSun:
How great! Good job!
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Good for you!!!! Congratulations!
THANKS!!! Opening a preschool in the off-season was tough but now that they are starting I am so excited.

All three transitioned well, one had some tears the other two no tears at all!
CityGarden 04:53 PM 07-05-2017
Feeling blessed another child enrolled today!! She will be starting in September.
CityGarden 04:54 PM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:

Congrats!!!
This is good news has it happened yet? When it is scheduled for?
Josiegirl 02:18 AM 07-06-2017
Feeling blessed another child enrolled today!! She will be starting in September.
I'm happy for you and glad the transition was mostly smooth. It's challenging enough to bring 1 new little person into a group, let alone 3! And now another new one in Sept.? You must be doing something right!! Want to give some of us who aren't getting any calls, some suggestions?
How is the ESL dcg doing? Can you imagine being placed in a group where you can't speak the language? Although I'm sure young ones learn much easier with their little minds like sponges.
Reply Up