Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Names
MissJ 10:04 AM 06-09-2017
I am wanting to name my Childcare and have a I good name and slogan, but I really like "playcare" at the end instead of "childcare". Also my slogan emphasizes on learning through play.
Keep in mind my slogan will be under the name always.
So my question is.
What do you think of Playcare instead of childcare or daycare at the end?
Do you think it will give a bad vibe?
Do you think parents really care or even think about it?
Do you think people will know it's a childcare?

Thank you in advance.
LysesKids 10:13 AM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by MissJ:
I am wanting to name my Childcare and have a I good name and slogan, but I really like "playcare" at the end instead of "childcare". Also my slogan emphasizes on learning through play.
Keep in mind my slogan will be under the name always.
So my question is.
What do you think of Playcare instead of childcare or daycare at the end?
Do you think it will give a bad vibe?
Do you think parents really care or even think about it?
Do you think people will know it's a childcare?

Thank you in advance.
Been using Playcare at the end of my childcare name going on 13 years - all my kids are under 24 months lol
midaycare 10:18 AM 06-09-2017
I like it I actually use the term "Playschool", but not in my name.
MissJ 11:50 AM 06-09-2017
"Playschool" is nice.
Do you provide all day care or are you more of a preschool hours setting?
Do you ever get people who ask you what you are? Daycare-preschool etc?
midaycare 11:58 AM 06-09-2017
"Playschool" is nice.
Do you provide all day care or are you more of a preschool hours setting?
Do you ever get people who ask you what you are? Daycare-preschool etc?
I actually use daycare in my name but tell parents to think of it as playschool during interviews. They all refer to it as playschool.

I get some confusion because my name ends with ...Daycare & Learning Center, so some people think I'm a big operation, lol. If I had to do it again, I'd drop the Learning Center, or drop the Daycare.
MissJ 12:07 PM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Been using Playcare at the end of my childcare name going on 13 years - all my kids are under 24 months lol
For your name is it "so and so Playcare" not childcare or daycare in there at all?
Do parents ever ask what you do or what your business is? Or does everyone that calls know that you do all day care?
Do you ever have kids over 2? I go through 5 but do people assume it's only for infant toddlers because of the playcare?
LysesKids 12:52 PM 06-09-2017
For your name is it "so and so Playcare" not childcare or daycare in there at all?
Do parents ever ask what you do or what your business is? Or does everyone that calls know that you do all day care?
Do you ever have kids over 2? I go through 5 but do people assume it's only for infant toddlers because of the playcare?
It's just ... .. ... Playcare. I own the .com also. I went by another name when I first started in 2000; I changed the name for good in late 2005.

I don't get calls, people contact me thru my website & send me their info thru email, then I call them if it seems to be a good fit. And no, I never take older kids; haven't since late 2004. My website has all policies, fees, ages accepted etc - it does my marketing for me lol.
daycarediva 01:04 PM 06-09-2017
preschool here. Would change to playschool if I had given it more thought. Most parents expect academic and I have to really word things carefully.
bklsmum 05:59 AM 06-10-2017
I am Miss....Playcare here and my families all love it.
Michael 01:27 PM 06-10-2017
As a reminder, if a website is also in your plans, make sure you can register the domain name of the business name you choose.
MissJ 06:24 AM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
As a reminder, if a website is also in your plans, make sure you can register the domain name of the business name you choose.
Sorry, I'm not very tech savvy.
How do I find that out?
Mike 04:04 PM 06-12-2017
Sorry, I'm not very tech savvy.
How do I find that out?
Go to:
http://registration.premierwebsiteso...-bin/whois.cgi
and put in your business name, then select the .com TLD, or a different one if you want to check others.

Spaces are automatically removed since they can't be in domain names, but dashes are allowed.

That will tell you if the domain name of your proposed business name is available.
Tags:daycare name, names, naming your business
Reply Up