Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Substitute Caregiver Orientation Curriculum PLEASE HELP!
Dia 01:06 PM 03-08-2014
Okay so here is what I got (Texas Provider)

I am going to close my registered home and move but I am opening as a licensed home............I have the experience and education now and have to do all new paperwork anyhow so......

I need help.......This is the question,

6. How will new employees be oriented in the minimum standard rules, the policies of the operation, the procedures for handling emergencies, how to recognize the signs of child abuse/neglect and sexual abuse and the responsibility for reporting these and the location and use of a fire extinguisher? Please have a copy of the orientation curriculum available for the licensing rep to review.

What is the best way to orient someone to minimum standards? Do I need to make some type of test and make the employee find the answers....?

Emergency procedures and fire extinguisher info will be gone over in my policies and they will of course be required to read and understand ALL of my policies, do I make a test for this?

TDFPS has a free abuse and neglect video that covers sexual abuse and reporting responsibility so I could utilize that RIGHT?

Orientation Curriculum?
Minimum Standards states this should include
-an overview of minimum standards
-operational policies including discipline, guidance, and release of children
-Overview of symptoms of child abuse, neglect, and sexual abuse and responsibility for reporting
-Emergency procedures
-use and location of fire extinguishers and first aid equipment

This is everything that it just asked in the question so to answer the question do I just put "See Orientation Curriculum"?? Does Orientation Curriculum include the 15 hours of training that is required and should I outline the training hours in the orientation curriculum or is that separate?

Does anyone have any examples of their orientation, checklists used, tests that goes over your orientation, etc.?

Please help!! My brain is just having trouble wrapping itself around all this and coming up with a reasonable way to present it plus prove orientation was done......(do we even need proof?) I don't see how they would learn anything if they were not tested on it also....
Reply Up