Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With Room Layout
midaycare 06:58 AM 06-16-2017
I would really appreciate any help you guys can give me. I'm going from 6 kids to 12 kids with an assistant. I have a decent amount of room, and my setup is such that I have a downstairs dedicated area separated into 2 rooms by a wall with 2 doors.

I want to make one room the 30 month and below room, and one room the 30 month and above. That's not to say we won't intermingle every day, but I want to be able to have safe infant places and toys for small toddlers, where my assistant can teach a different curriculum than the one that I will be doing.

I don't need a huge infant space, as I refuse to take many, and won't take them under 6 months. So it's mostly for 12-30 months with a smaller safe space for infants.

I have about 2K to spend to get things how I want them. Here's what I have for the youngsters:
A cute wall panel, a few walking toys, a walk around toy they can sit in, and a chair. I also have many, many, infant toys. I need: soft carpeting/rug, some kind of climber for the non-babies. Any other ideas for 12-30 months? I'm trying to make it really neutral, and I have a woodsy theme.

For the older kiddos I have: a light table, a Thomas the tank engine ball pit (used to be a bed), stepping stones, balance beam, all kinds of manipulatives, rotating learning centers. I'd like to get an indoor playhouse but it can't be enormous.

I have all the normal things too like baby dolls, blocks, kitchen and food, little people, puzzles, a library.

I just want everything to run smoothly and I don't want too much or too little. I probably have enough but my husband approved 2K to spend so I want to spend it to the best of my ability. He won't approve that again Ever.
Reply Up