Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Any One In California Know …. Blow Up Pools
familyschoolcare 02:51 PM 06-14-2012
I have a blow up pool. I kind of remember during origination the lady saying something about not having anything with standing water not

even a bird bath. Does this mean that I cannot leave the water in the pool for us to come back and play again latter say for instance if we went in the house to eat snack.
daycare 02:59 PM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
I have a blow up pool. I kind of remember during origination the lady saying something about not having anything with standing water not

even a bird bath. Does this mean that I cannot leave the water in the pool for us to come back and play again latter say for instance if we went in the house to eat snack.
again with the grey area......I hate CA LIC

I was told that we have to dump it each and every time. That is cannot be left full, even if everyone was inside and the door was locked.

Because I was told this, I bought the sand turtles and we fill them with water. I have 3 of them, two for each kid. I fill one with water, one with foam and one with bubbles. We play for a good 2-3 hours and then they get dumped.....

I hate it, but its what I was told, so I would rather just follow it...
familyschoolcare 03:02 PM 06-14-2012
That is what I thought. we just might have snack outside.
daycare 03:06 PM 06-14-2012
That is what I thought. we just might have snack outside.
I do that so that we don't have to leave the area. I actually boiled some hot water yesterday so that the water was not freezing cold for the kids. My first thought was oh I can just fill it in the morning and let the sun heat it up, but then I decided to call and talk to a duty officer and they told me NOPE..................lol

and we are having a drought....lol
familyschoolcare 04:34 PM 06-14-2012
We had snack outside today it worked out great.

I am still going to blow the pool up in the morning just not fill it with water untill we are ready to use it.
sharlan 05:18 PM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I do that so that we don't have to leave the area. I actually boiled some hot water yesterday so that the water was not freezing cold for the kids. My first thought was oh I can just fill it in the morning and let the sun heat it up, but then I decided to call and talk to a duty officer and they told me NOPE..................lol

and we are having a drought....lol

My gf used to hook up a hose to her water heater, partially fill the pool with hot water, then add cold.
sharlan 05:27 PM 06-14-2012

To my understanding, no. I was surprised that I was allowed to have a water table full of water unattended. I guess because a child can't crawl into it.
daycare 05:35 PM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
My gf used to hook up a hose to her water heater, partially fill the pool with hot water, then add cold.
awe that is awesome...i wish that I could do that.....My water heater is too far away.....
countrymom 06:28 PM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
To my understanding, no. I was surprised that I was allowed to have a water table full of water unattended. I guess because a child can't crawl into it.
ha! I have 2 different tables and I have kids who climb in them.
countrymom 06:32 PM 06-14-2012
I have an above ground pool and my littles have a small pool. I dumbp the water out every night. I fill in the early morning (because we don't go out till later) now it wasn't my littles that I had to worry about, it was my next door neighbours grand kid.

his daughter wouldn't watch her kid, well we would catch him trying to climb in the pool and one time her own father yelled at her to watch the kid, so I had to put the pool on my porch (my porch goes all the way around the house so there was lots of room) but then it was a saftey thing for me, if we went out and played on the porch. So glad this year, he did put up a partial fence, but I still have to watch because the fence only goes half way down the yard. I'm not finishing it, none of my kids or daycare kids ever go in his yard so why should i pay (its 300 dollars a section and he needs roughly 8 more)
JEM 07:20 PM 06-14-2012
I don't know how to do quotes but re: partially filling the pool with hot water first, make sure not to do that on lawn as it'll kill the grass very well. BTDT LOL
Tags:pool - above ground
Reply Up