Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Your DCKs' Favorites?
Josiegirl 02:48 PM 10-04-2013
What is your dcks' #1 favorite breakfast, lunch and snack?
Mine seem to be pretty normal.
Breakfast-pancakes
Lunch-pizza
Snack-Veggies and ranch dip
Brooksie 03:50 PM 10-04-2013
My kids favorite afternoon snack is pretzels w/ hummus. Parents pack lunch...
LoraJenkins 04:00 PM 10-04-2013
Here it is:
Breakfast-Eggs & toast
Lunch: Baked chicken, rice, corn & fruit
Snack: Baby carrots with ranch dip
melilley 04:02 PM 10-04-2013
Breakfast: pancakes or waffles

Lunch: pb&j, we only have that once, maybe twice a month with any fruit.

Snack: Breakfast bars, pretzels, gold fish, any fruit, cucumbers with dip
Laurel 04:54 AM 10-05-2013
yogurt cups, rice and beans, lentil soup (our family recipe that includes pieces of hot dogs and a dumpling like thing in it), small cutie oranges which they like to peel as much as they like to eat, raisins, any kind of crackers

Laurel
Blackcat31 06:53 AM 10-05-2013
Breakfast: Steel cut oats with fresh fruit, milk
Lunch: Chicken cubes (non-breaded), sweet potato wedges, mixed veggies (steamed)
Snack: Cherry tomatoes, red & green pepper strips, milk

Whole grain bread and/or rolls are always offered and available but most my kids don't eat them.

My DCK's are coming off a fresh veggie kick since everyone around here has a garden. Oddly my kids LOVE peppers (red, green) and cherry tomatoes...

Fortunately my garden produced enough to keep them happy!
Sunchimes 10:52 AM 10-05-2013
Breakfast-waffles
Lunch-chicken spaghetti. Well actually it's Chef Boy-r-dee ravioli. I'm a mean babysitter though, and we only have that once or twice a month when I declare a Fabulous Friday.
Snack-yogurt and graham crackers
blandino 11:40 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Breakfast: Steel cut oats with fresh fruit, milk
Lunch: Chicken cubes (non-breaded), sweet potato wedges, mixed veggies (steamed)
Snack: Cherry tomatoes, red & green pepper strips, milk

Whole grain bread and/or rolls are always offered and available but most my kids don't eat them.

My DCK's are coming off a fresh veggie kick since everyone around here has a garden. Oddly my kids LOVE peppers (red, green) and cherry tomatoes...

I SO wish I could get my kids to eat tomatoes. I had one DCG who would eat cherry tomatoes and she went to school last year. My kids won't touch diced or cherry tomatoes, I still continue to serve them - hoping....
blandino 11:43 AM 10-07-2013
Breakfast: toast with peanut butter & banana is tied with Cheerios & strawberries

Lunch: pasta with meat sauce (hamburger, tomato sauce, & diced tomatoes) & broccoli

Grilled cheese, hash browns, tomato soup, baby carrots. I put puréed tomatoes on the soup and kale in the grilled cheese.

Snack: apples & graham crackers, baby carrots & diced ham
melilley 11:43 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
I SO wish I could get my kids to eat tomatoes. I had one DCG who would eat cherry tomatoes and she went to school last year. My kids won't touch diced or cherry tomatoes, I still continue to serve them - hoping....
Same here! We had cherry tomatoes with our lunch today and only one child (the child who will eat anything) ate them. I just don't understand, they are so delicious...lol
Blackcat31 11:52 AM 10-07-2013
My kids call them "ketchup balls"

Originally Posted by melilley:
Same here! We had cherry tomatoes with our lunch today and only one child (the child who will eat anything) ate them. I just don't understand, they are so delicious...lol

I am grateful they love them like they do. Personally, I hate them.
melilley 11:52 AM 10-07-2013

My dh won't touch them either!
blandino 01:08 PM 10-07-2013

See, they are my favorite. They eat tomato soup like it's going out of style. But what they don't know is that the tomatoes they refused are puréed and added into that tomato soup.
MsLaura529 10:58 AM 10-10-2013

My DCKs LOVE peppers ... we eat them 2-3 times a week. I told DH we will have to have a veggie garden next year and grow a lot of peppers.

Favorite meals -
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage, and toast with jelly.
Lunch: Sloppy joes, peppers, and apples.
Snack: Any type of cracker and yogurt.
My3cents 12:25 PM 01-21-2014
See, they are my favorite. They eat tomato soup like it's going out of style. But what they don't know is that the tomatoes they refused are puréed and added into that tomato soup.
Its a texture thing! I can relate~
Stepping 12:05 PM 02-14-2014
Breakfast - 'Cheerios' with raisins
Snack - anything with hummus
Lunch - pesto pasta (and I sneak some shredded spinach into the sauce)

Mine won't eat anything breaded like chicken nuggets or fish sticks. Which is great for their health and pallets but sometimes it would be nice to just throw something easy in the oven
Tags:favorite breakfast, favorites
Reply Up