Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toddler Beauty Pageants
busymommy0420 10:09 AM 04-16-2012
I am having my 4th interview with a family today. It is for part time care twice a week totaling 8 hours for a two year old girl. The parents seem very over protective and a bit high maintenance. I have assured them many times, given references, a tour of my home and had them come in the evening to meet my husband and teenage sons. I am not that desperate for them to hire me but feel I have already gone this far. They still want me to give their daughter a bottle even though she is two. My daughters were off bottles by age one. They are big into beauty pageants with her and when she came she was all dolled up in designer clothes. We dig for worms, paint and get messy. I am not sure if I should term before she starts or give them a chance? Any thoughts???? How does everyone feel about beauty pageants for little ones? After a few episodes of Toddlers and Tiaras it is not something I would do with my two year old daughters lol.
SilverSabre25 10:22 AM 04-16-2012
Personally it sounds like a big fight waiting to happen...I wouldn't take this family on.
SunshineMama 10:26 AM 04-16-2012
Originally Posted by busymommy0420:
I am having my 4th interview with a family today. It is for part time care twice a week totaling 8 hours for a two year old girl. The parents seem very over protective and a bit high maintenance. I have assured them many times, given references, a tour of my home and had them come in the evening to meet my husband and teenage sons. I am not that desperate for them to hire me but feel I have already gone this far. They still want me to give their daughter a bottle even though she is two. My daughters were off bottles by age one. They are big into beauty pageants with her and when she came she was all dolled up in designer clothes. We dig for worms, paint and get messy. I am not sure if I should term before she starts or give them a chance? Any thoughts???? How does everyone feel about beauty pageants for little ones? After a few episodes of Toddlers and Tiaras it is not something I would do with my two year old daughters lol.
IMHO.... RUN!

OMG what would happen if the little girl was skipping in the grass and fell and cut her face. The parents would freak out. Run.... Faster!
cheerfuldom 12:54 PM 04-16-2012
They sound very high maintenance, even outside of beauty pageants. Im surprised they are considering putting her in daycare at all.
renodeb 12:56 PM 04-16-2012
For lack of a better word:
Run!!!!!!!! and fast. Sounds like a lot of drama waiting to happen.
I think in most cases the toddler pagents are for the moms more than the kids. Most of the kids on that T&T show look miserable to me.

Oh and did mention:
Run!!!!!!

Im suprised they would want you to give a bottle, terrible for her teeth. (they probably have fake ones for the competions)
Blackcat31 01:21 PM 04-16-2012
....Um, next!
Heidi 01:24 PM 04-16-2012
Run run run!

They may be pefectly nice people and I am sure they love their daughter very much...but she is not destined for group care!
Oneluckymom 01:25 PM 04-16-2012
I agree.....****N.....it's bad enough when a "regular" DCK gets hurt, but one who's in beauty pageants is more trouble.

RUN.....!!
Oneluckymom 01:26 PM 04-16-2012
Don't know why that happened...I meant "run"!
Reply Up