Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 5 6 7 8 9  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today?
DaveA 11:07 AM 04-08-2015
DCG's name is Salem. It is turning out to be a real tough one for the other DCKs to say. One kids calls her "Salmon" and another calls her "Satan".
Annalee 11:09 AM 04-08-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
DCG's name is Salem. It is turning out to be a real tough one for the other DCKs to say. One kids calls her "Salmon" and another calls her "Satan".

daycare 11:09 AM 04-08-2015
Hahahha that's funny.

I have a kid named axel. Let's just say I have to tell all the parents how to say his name and that the children are not cursing. Lmao.

Too funny gotta love it. Poor kids
Annalee 11:11 AM 04-08-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
Hahahha that's funny.

I have a kid named axel. Let's just say I have to tell all the parents how to say his name and that the children are not cursing. Lmao.

I have an Axel at daycare and the kids call him AxeMan
daycare 11:13 AM 04-08-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I have an Axel at daycare and the kids call him AxeMan
Lmao. I can only imagine what that sounds like when they say it. Hahahahhahahahahahahahahaahah

My asst one day was yelling across the park at Axel to come back to his group. I had to tell her to stop yelling his name as it sounds sooo bad.
Annalee 11:30 AM 04-08-2015
Lmao. I can only imagine what that sounds like when they say it. Hahahahhahahahahahahahahaahah

My asst one day was yelling across the park at Axel to come back to his group. I had to tell her to stop yelling his name as it sounds sooo bad.

jgcp 04:34 AM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
my sons name is Axel. and yes the kids have a hard time with his name. the best is the looks ive gotten in stores/ out and about because of what it sounds like im calling him bahahaha.
AmyLeigh 10:06 AM 04-16-2015
Apparently, 'Duck, Duck, Goose' is so last year. Now it's 'Duck, Duck, Flower, Weed, Tree, Dog Poop, Goose'.

Baby Beluga 01:03 PM 04-16-2015
3 year old and 2.5 year old are playing outside.

2.5 year old pretends to throw a rock at the 3 year olds face so the 3 year old uses a stick and pretends to burn 2.5 year olds hand off.

All of this was pretend - but where in the world do they come up with this stuff?
Unregistered 08:16 AM 04-24-2015
My dkcs were singing "Twinkle twinkle little star ***** drives a motor car" my dcg4 who is a major diva pipes up "I do not dribe a motor car. I dribe a new behicle (vehicle)" lol
Rockgirl 12:50 PM 04-24-2015
Dcb, 3, stopped, looked around the playroom, and said, "What is the POINT of all this?"
hope 09:55 AM 04-28-2015
The dcks have been mumbling through the days of the week song so I have been taking any opportunity I can to sing the song in the hopes that it will catch.

Last night when I went grocery shopping I was passing the grocery bags from the cart to DH as he put them into the trunk and out of habbit I started singing the days of the week song. I even made my bright eyed expression and hand gesture to join along. I stopped after a few words, realizing that he was not 2 yo!!!!! Dh said maybe he needs to take me out more. Lol!!!!!
daycarediva 03:19 PM 04-28-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
The dcks have been mumbling through the days of the week song so I have been taking any opportunity I can to sing the song in the hopes that it will catch.

Last night when I went grocery shopping I was passing the grocery bags from the cart to DH as he put them into the trunk and out of habbit I started singing the days of the week song. I even made my bright eyed expression and hand gesture to join along. I stopped after a few words, realizing that he was not 2 yo!!!!! Dh said maybe he needs to take me out more. Lol!!!!!
My teenager and I were leaving the mall, she kept window shopping on the way out and I said "That was fun but now it's done." and she said OMG MOM! You seriously need to interact with adults more.
Annalee 12:05 PM 04-29-2015
My neighbor's pet pig was in our yard this morning as parents are arriving. It was like the zoo outside. They all though Ms. XXX had gotten a pig. WRONG! I quickly run it back to the neighbors where they had let it out to potty. Yep, it stays in their house!
Second Home 12:28 PM 04-29-2015
Hahahha that's funny.

My son got off the bus a few years back and loudly announced he has a new friend Jack S , say that name fast a few times .To this day we all still laugh when we talk about his best friend Jack .
Rockgirl 02:41 PM 05-07-2015
2 year old dcg got into a cozy coupe and said "I'm going to go get some beeya for tonight."
DaveA 05:07 AM 05-11-2015
Today I'm laughing because my day started with my Gulf War Vet/ surgical nurse/ triathlete wife freaking the #$@* out because the mouse we had been trying to catch got caught by the tail and was dragging the trap across the floor. I should have filmed it but at 430 I don't think too quickly.
LindseyA 06:03 AM 05-11-2015
I have a Maddox here. All the 2 & 3 yr olds call him maggot. I really think parents need to take these things more into consideration when choosing a name for their baby!
Blackcat31 06:51 AM 05-11-2015
Today I'm laughing because my day started with my Gulf War Vet/ surgical nurse/ triathlete wife freaking the #$@* out because the mouse we had been trying to catch got caught by the tail and was dragging the trap across the floor. I should have filmed it but at 430 I don't think too quickly.
LOL!

I guess for women "it's the little things that count" applies in lots of other areas too!

I would probably not have been too happy if I was your wife and you thought to get your video camera out WHILE the mouse was still held captive..........but I definitely would have laughed later!
AmyLeigh 07:32 AM 05-11-2015
I'm not as awesome as your wife, but very few things freak me out. I can handle all sorts of bugs, spiders, reptiles, etc. with no problem, but mice are the bane of my existence. All dh has to do is say that he 'thought' he saw a mouse and I flip. He thinks it's hilarious.
Blackcat31 09:37 AM 05-13-2015
DCM of my newest baby had immunizations a few weeks ago.

(A little back story to family: 3 kids, parents do NOT take them anywhere because 3 kids are too hard to manage ) I see the in town shopping regularly and always give them grief about not taking their kids with them.

This family has a 2.5 yr old that wears the pants in the family and is in charge of everyone.

So anyways, I reminded mom several times that I need a copy of the imms.

After nothing for a week, I sent her a text stating child may not come to daycare unless a copy of imms are brought with them upon drop off. (Mom has had PLENTY of time to comply)

This is the text DCM sends me back:

"Oh sh$t! Sorry, I am busy at work that I haven't had time so I'll just text you the dates and you can write them down and fill out the form for me and I'll just sign it when I pick up"

After a few 's I replied: "I am not sure what you think I do all day at MY work with YOUR kids... plus 7 others but YOU can fill YOUR child's form YOURSELF and bring it to me when you drop off."

...and then for good measure when DCD picked up, I gave him plenty of grief about his wife's misconceptions about what I do all day.
AmyLeigh 02:01 PM 05-13-2015
Everyone is sitting at the table, waiting for lunch.

DCG started singing "What does the fox say?" (I hate that song)

I asked, "Can you think of a less annoying song to sing?"

Everyone together started in with "Let it goooooo"

Even the non-verbal 2 yo.
mommiebookworm 07:29 PM 05-14-2015
This was the funniest! Dcb3 found my daughters coconut purse, it was given to her by a friend who went to Hawaii, it's made out of a real coconut. Anyway... He opens it up and slips it on like a bra!! Then comes running down the hall shaking his coconuts! It was hilarious!
hope 11:46 AM 05-15-2015
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
This was the funniest! Dcb3 found my daughters coconut purse, it was given to her by a friend who went to Hawaii, it's made out of a real coconut. Anyway... He opens it up and slips it on like a bra!! Then comes running down the hall shaking his coconuts! It was hilarious!
Hahahaha! I hope you took a picture for his parents! That is great!
Sunshine74 07:44 PM 05-18-2015
DCG2 was singing "Let it Go" (yes, still). She knows all the words, but was in a silly mood. I hear this:

"Let it go, let it go
I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That peeping squirrel is gone!"

Oh, the mind of a two year old.
hottie8962 10:14 PM 05-18-2015
I was at the waterpark with three kids (boys)and we all went in family restroom for them to use the bathroom and the played in the shower too warm upand when I said ok lets go in to the womans so I can change the 6 year old ask why cant u change in here its a family restroom its for u to its for all of us, its for everyone! I said well do u wanna see me naked? He gave me the death stare and then shook is head no, well then come on lets go to the woman s. Then I took the two year old in the stall with me and I had no choice I never change infront of the kids I never do.well i told him dont look at me and he said the cutest voice ok I not looking at u and he puts his hand over h is face fingers spread apart and he had to pee to so he sat backwards on the toilet with his hand over his face.thats was kinda funny
AmyLeigh 12:09 PM 05-19-2015
On the way back from this morning's outing, I hear from the back seat, "Hey, look, someone drew on the car!"

I'm thinking, oh crap, who is drawing on my car.

Then I see the car next to me has fancy schmancy pinstriping.
NightOwl 03:18 PM 05-19-2015
Today, dcm told me her breast milk is beginning to dry up and I told her I know of an herbal tea that gets it flowing again. She said, ehhh, I'm ready to drink again. Baha! We both laughed so hard.
Play Care 12:14 PM 05-20-2015
My dck's love Uptown Funk and sing it all the time. Except some of them can't quite pronounce the word Funk...
AmyLeigh 03:57 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
My dck's love Uptown Funk and sing it all the time. Except some of them can't quite pronounce the word Funk...
OMG! Same thing here! My 6 yo gets lazy when pronouncing her words, so I really emphasize the NNNNNN.
BumbleBee 04:47 PM 05-20-2015
New baby hanging out on the floor and as I walked by I said "Hey sweetie pie!" as soon as I said it 3 year old dcg puts her hands on her hips and tells me "He not a PIE, he a BOY!" complete with the 'duh' look at the end.
Play Care 05:20 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
OMG! Same thing here! My 6 yo gets lazy when pronouncing her words, so I really emphasize the NNNNNN.
Too funny! My worst "offender" happens to be the loudest, so when the song came on as we were driving away from preschool, I had to roll up the windows.
NeedaVaca 07:56 AM 05-21-2015
DCG was playing with 3 dolls and ays she has triplets, she added another doll and says now I have four-lets lol
hope 01:41 PM 05-21-2015
DS said he had a nightmare and it "scared the bad word out of me". Dcg asked "what's the bad word?".
Dia 06:17 AM 06-02-2015
Well, technically this was what made me laugh yesterday....

5y dcb is eating AM Snack,
Me: So, Dcb, what did you do this weekend?
Dcb; well, my daddy took me to his friends house...
Me: oh, did you have fun?
Dcb: well, we made these weird slushes....
(Me, thinking about this)
Dcb: do you want to make some?
Me: well, maybe, what do we need to put in them?
Dcb: ummmm, ice, and bananas, and strawberries, and ummm....lots of alcohol

Me: oh, wow, did you have one of these slushes?
Dcb: no, they make the bad words come out

Mandy 08:44 AM 06-02-2015
I have to tell my friend to join this forum soon. She runs a small daycare in her home, and looks after four children. Anywho, she wanted me to share this with you all .

Yesterday afternoon, she served the kids a cheese and crackers snack. Her 3 year old dcg starts singing "Sweet dreams are made of cheese." That was the only line she sung over and over . She told me that the dcg then "encouraged" the others to sing it with her by telling them to repeat what she said . Pretty soon, all of the kids were singing it in their best outdoor voice (while they were indoors) and my friend had to tell them gently to sing it in their indoor voice .
DaveA 04:26 AM 06-03-2015
DCG told we I was invited to the garage sale they were having this weekend. She told me "You can come. Everyone's welcome. Except burglars."
BumbleBee 06:17 PM 06-09-2015
3.5 yo dck called her mom out today for lying. I kept a straight face but I was dying inside!

This is the dcm who "cant pay" despite the Disney cruise she's taking her 2 kids on (paid for by her) and the $500 in new clothes for her 2 kids (1/2 paid for by child support).

I ran into them at the grocery store this evening and dck ran up to me to show me her new shoes. They're spiffy. Her mom comes over and tells me dck really needed tennis shoes and hopefully they'll last through the summer because mom can't afford to buy anymore.

Dck pipes up and goes 'I got 4 new shoes!' and dcm goes 'no, you have 2 shoes, 1 pair' and dck goes 'Nuh-uuuuh. I got 2 new shoes, and 2 new shoes, and that makes 4!'

Mom was silent. I'm guessing dck got 2 new pairs of shoes. Time will tell when dcm pays up and dck comes back to daycare. I'm betting I will see 2 new pairs of shoes within the first week. No skin off my back, dcm has no daycare until she's paid up so her priorities are not my problem.
AmyLeigh 07:27 AM 06-10-2015
I made whole wheat zucchini bread for snack.

Dcb, who doesn't like anything unless it has a cool commercial , gobbled up a slice and told me that he loves banana bread.

Me: "I'm glad you like it. But it's zucchini bread, not banana bread."

DCB: "Oh, well I don't like it then."

Me and my big mouth.
bklsmum 08:08 AM 06-10-2015
My DCB who is 21 months old today is a little scared of the little tykes slide. He went down a few times holding my hand and I said "Wheee" but he wasn't loving it so he went to play with other stuff. A little while later he sat on the last hump of the little tykes toddler roller coaster, scooted himself down to the bottom while saying "Wheee"...such a daredevil that one.
Sunshine74 12:29 PM 06-10-2015
DCB can't possibly drink his water. Why? "Because it's full of water."
Mandy 06:22 AM 06-12-2015
I visited my friend's house yesterday to drop off a book she left at my house. While I waited for her to answer the door, I overheard her dcg , age 3 telling her "I love you just like I love my rag doll." I heard my friend tell her how sweet she was. When I talked to her last night, she said dcg has a special rag doll at home that she brings with her (It gets washed every other day at home). She has also been listening to her mother singing her newest favorite song "River Deep, mountian high" .

It was a sweet , and funny moment because of the way she said it . My friend wished she was her kid .
Controlled Chaos 11:15 AM 06-25-2015
DCG 4 wanted the other dcks to play a game with her. No one wanted to. Instead of throwing a tantrum or whining, which is her norm, she started to play by herself and softly sang "You can't always get what you want" by the rolling stones. It was amazing.
Rockgirl 11:30 AM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
DCG 4 wanted the other dcks to play a game with her. No one wanted to. Instead of throwing a tantrum or whining, which is her norm, she started to play by herself and softly sang "You can't always get what you want" by the rolling stones. It was amazing.
Lol, that is epic!! I've been known to sing that to my dck's, but it's so funny that a child sang it.
Controlled Chaos 11:57 AM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Lol, that is epic!! I've been known to sing that to my dck's, but it's so funny that a child sang it.
Right?! My favorite it singing "I wanna hold your hand" in parking lots with my kiddos. They hate it
AmyKidsCo 01:21 PM 06-25-2015
3.5 yr DCG has started pointing with her middle finger, and I said "Can you use this finger to point? It's called the Pointer Finger because it's for pointing." She touched it and said "This one is for pointing..." then touched her middle finger and said "And this one is for driving. My dad told me that."

I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing!
Baby Beluga 02:19 PM 06-25-2015
3.5 year old DCG told me to call her "Elsa Blue Rainbow" from now on
mommiebookworm 08:23 PM 06-25-2015
We were talking about what the kids want to be when they grow up. One DCG was so proud when she said she wants to be a horse when she grows up! It was so cute!
DaveA 05:18 AM 07-07-2015
Completely freaked out older brother of DCK yesterday. DCPs and DCK are a camp this week, so they had him drop by check. Just so happened that all the kids had left by noon, so I went out to shop to start putting in a paver floor. Brother calls me after no one answered the door (my kids were outside playing). When I come around I'm covered in mud, sand, and would have to dry out to be considered sweaty. I believe he thought I was burying DCKs in the backyard.
Onawhim 10:47 AM 07-09-2015
Dcg 3 farted VERY loudly today. I asked her if she needed to go to the bathroom and she replied "no silly I just gassed really loud" lol
Annalee 11:02 AM 07-09-2015
My very talkative-knows it all-all about her kid which goes to Kindy in the fall said: "Ya know who is boss at my house, ms.xxx"....I said "Who?" She replied "my dad says he is, but my mom says it is really me!" Well, I could have told her that.....that is NOT news to me
Janiam 08:40 AM 07-18-2015
Listening to morning conversations as the kids arrive DCB 6 says to close talker DCB 7..." wow, did you even brush your teeth today"? He replies " of course I did". DCB 6 says " with what, a fish!". OMG ....I am still laughing about it
BumbleBee 05:28 PM 07-19-2015
2 yo dcg has become my mini me. As I was in the kitchen making lunch she was in the playroom reading books with dcb 19 months and dcb 20 months. The boys were getting rambunctious with the books and I hear dcg say:

"BOYS! Top!(stop) dat enuss! (that's enough)" *HUGE sigh* I look and she has her hand on her hip and everything.

The funniest part is both boys settled right down.
DaveA 04:06 AM 07-22-2015
My son definitely has my sarcastic sense of humor. DCG7 is sweet but talks CONSTANTLY. Yesterday we're outside and she starts freaking out yelling that "A bug just flew in my mouth!" As I'm thinking it I hear my son mutter "Maybe you should try closing it every once in a while." Kind of hard to be sympathetic when you're trying to swallow laughter.
Rockgirl 08:38 AM 07-28-2015
The look on dcks' faces when a drop-in child is unknowingly doing something not allowed. 😳
auntymimi 08:55 AM 07-28-2015
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
3.5 yo dck called her mom out today for lying. I kept a straight face but I was dying inside!

This is the dcm who "cant pay" despite the Disney cruise she's taking her 2 kids on (paid for by her) and the $500 in new clothes for her 2 kids (1/2 paid for by child support).

I ran into them at the grocery store this evening and dck ran up to me to show me her new shoes. They're spiffy. Her mom comes over and tells me dck really needed tennis shoes and hopefully they'll last through the summer because mom can't afford to buy anymore.

Dck pipes up and goes 'I got 4 new shoes!' and dcm goes 'no, you have 2 shoes, 1 pair' and dck goes 'Nuh-uuuuh. I got 2 new shoes, and 2 new shoes, and that makes 4!'

Mom was silent. I'm guessing dck got 2 new pairs of shoes. Time will tell when dcm pays up and dck comes back to daycare. I'm betting I will see 2 new pairs of shoes within the first week. No skin off my back, dcm has no daycare until she's paid up so her priorities are not my problem.
Same here. I finally had to get tough and say "no pay, no stay". I got a long sob story about "I'll have to take off of work, I guess, until I can get together the payment. How will I pay my bills now? Deep sigh" Uhhhhhh, maybe not blow 500 bucks at the state fair, forgo the brand new tablet for your 2 y/o, buy sensible CORRECTLY FITTING shoes from payless for the preschooler instead of Jordens, eat at home once in awhile. Just a couple options...anyway I received a call that very afternoon that, miracle of miracles, money for care had been "found".
Play Care 01:22 PM 07-28-2015
I have magnet letters on my fridge.
Today my one dcb had lined them up, and inadvertently spelled a very, very, naughty word. I walked by and did a

Then I and changed the order
Nisaryn 10:12 PM 07-29-2015
you suddenly realize that the most spoken phrase in your home is now: "Ok, which one of ya'll made a poo?!"
Controlled Chaos 12:16 PM 07-30-2015
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
2 yo dcg has become my mini me. As I was in the kitchen making lunch she was in the playroom reading books with dcb 19 months and dcb 20 months. The boys were getting rambunctious with the books and I hear dcg say:

"BOYS! Top!(stop) dat enuss! (that's enough)" *HUGE sigh* I look and she has her hand on her hip and everything.

The funniest part is both boys settled right down.
I have a "little momma" right now too She is always bossing the others around. Sometimes is drives me crazy, but I love how the others actually listen to her The probably listen to the 3yo more than me!
BumbleBee 05:43 PM 07-30-2015
I have a "little momma" right now too She is always bossing the others around. Sometimes is drives me crazy, but I love how the others actually listen to her The probably listen to the 3yo more than me!
YUP! 2 yo dcg conducted an impromptu circle time yesterday with 'the boys.' It was longer than mine and the boys sat the whole time!
DaveA 10:07 AM 07-31-2015
DW was home for while this morning (she's going with her group for a race tomorrow in KY). DCG7 (the one who talks CONSTANTLY) was talking about her book on Africa and DW told her that she had spent time in Africa while in the Navy. DCG asks when. After DW says "1991" DCG asked her "You mean like LAST CENTURY? Did you ride a horse and buggy there?"

I had my head on the table laughing. DW was slightly less amused. DW couldn't wait for time to leave for some reason.
Maggie 10:27 AM 08-06-2015
Dcg4 told me this morning that since my own kids are all grown up I should go to the funny farm to get a new one because that's where her mommy got her.
daycarediva 10:46 AM 08-06-2015
dcm had a baby this morning and dck's have been speculating about how it got out. My favorite was "I think the baby twisted her belly button and her stomach popped open and then the baby crawled out and said WAH WAH"
Rockgirl 11:00 AM 08-06-2015
Dcg6 (talking to her seems like talking to a 40 yr old) and dcg7 (innocent) were talking about their dogs.

Dcg7: I wish my dog would have puppies.

Dcg6: Are your dogs girls or boys?

Dcg7: We have a girl dog AND a boy dog.

Dcg6: Well then, you could get puppies! My dog is going to have more puppies soon.

Me: Wow--more puppies already? Did your mom tell you?

Dcg6: Well, you know that things dogs do, where the boy dog sniffs the girl dog's butt a lot? Then they do that other thing? We caught Oscar and Abbie doing that.

Me: ..........Gulp.
Controlled Chaos 07:41 AM 08-10-2015
When a dck has an exceptionally stinky or gross diaper I say "Holy Moly!" Today when I said that, the 20m I was changing yelled out proudly to her friends in the playroom "Its a Moly!". Then all her friends yelled back "A Moly?! Hurray!"
midaycare 07:42 AM 08-10-2015
When a dck has an exceptionally stinky or gross diaper I say "Holy Moly!" Today when I said that, the 20m I was changing yelled out proudly to her friends in the playroom "Its a Moly!". Then all her friends yelled back "A Moly?! Hurray!"

Play Care 10:14 AM 08-21-2015
Today I installed new magnet tot locks on all my kitchen cabinets (they were on the ones that they had to be on, but having forgot what the early toddler years were like I realized I had to put them on all of them )

Long story short, I ran to the hardware store because I thought I needed something to make the drill bit fit on the drill. Turns out I just needed to take off the bit that was already on there I had no idea

Thankfully I think they waited until I left to laugh

The good news is they are installed!!
mommiebookworm 05:40 AM 08-25-2015
We were at the park yesterday, dcb4 and dcg3 were playing that the slide structure was a space ship. They pretended to land, and dcb starts cheering and screaming, we made it! I ask him where? And he says 'merica with the biggest grin on his face!
Febby 08:09 PM 08-27-2015
I referred to one of the children today as a "little monkey." DCB3 looks at me and says, "She's not a monkey. She's black."
Sunshine74 08:58 PM 08-27-2015
My mom is working with me this week (usually she is in our infant room, but both my co-workers are out for vacation). She leaves earier than I do, and when she was saying good bye to the kids, dcg looked at me and said "Bye!" I told her I wasn't leaving yet, and she asked, "But why, your mommy is leaving?" LoL, if only it still worked like that.
ColorfulSunburst 05:06 AM 08-28-2015
Today when I have said to one DC father "have a good day" I got an answer "ok, I love you"
kristinhomedaycare 07:46 PM 08-28-2015
Boom chicka boom from the learning channel. That guy in suspenders and the hat cracked me up. Funniest kids video ever
DaveA 04:41 AM 09-08-2015
S/A DCB has discovered Henny Youngman on youtube and has found his role model. I've spent the morning listening to one liners & had to play along with the "3 swimming pools" bit. I must admit the kid has pretty good delivery- I'm sure the teacher is going to have soooo much fun today.
BumbleBee 04:50 PM 09-15-2015
I think it's hilarious and adorable that 2yo dcg calls Fruit Loops "Fruit Bloopers"
Miss A 06:47 AM 09-16-2015
DCB-4, to me: I know you are a mom because you have a fat belly. Me: DCB, I don't have any kids, so I can't be a mom. DCB: but you have a fat belly, and fat legs. That makes you a mom. Me: I'm sorry, DCB, I am not a mom, my body is just built different from everyone else.
How could I not laugh! He is telling the truth!
DaveA 06:01 AM 09-18-2015
Changes in routine are extremely annoying to DD10. Talked to her last night about the fact that I would be gone till Saturday night. Said something about it this morning before the bus got here and she goes "Oh Right" and begins making trips from the kitchen to her room. I check her room and she has piled the table by her bed with bottles of water, graham crackers, bananas, cheese and cracker packs, and the first aid kit ". Asked her why and she tells me "Oh-just in case". I leave for 36 hours and my daughter goes into full "Prepper Apocalypse" mode
auntymimi 06:25 AM 09-18-2015
5 yo dcb I had all summer is in dd kindergarten class. He's one of my favorite kids, funny, creative, listens well. Anyway, dd mentions that he gets in trouble in class and often has to sit out for part of recess. Me: "that's weird, he's never acted like that here"
Dd: well, that's cause your the boss
Me: isn't your teacher the boss at school?
Dd: no, she's nice.

Controlled Chaos 12:42 PM 09-23-2015
Sometimes I have the kids have a potty buddy. An older potty trained child goes on the big toilet and a younger not quite potty training or early potty training little one sits on the potty frog on the floor. Just using a little positive peer pressure, little ones like getting to go with their big buddy and big kid likes being the teacher.

DCG3: Ms CC, I will potty train Sara for you!
Me: Really? That would be great!
DCG3: Yep. You pay me $100 and I teach her.

Honestly if she could train the little ones for real I might pay up
Miss A 12:45 PM 09-23-2015
Sometimes I have the kids have a potty buddy. An older potty trained child goes on the big toilet and a younger not quite potty training or early potty training little one sits on the potty frog on the floor. Just using a little positive peer pressure, little ones like getting to go with their big buddy and big kid likes being the teacher.

DCG3: Ms CC, I will potty train Sara for you!
Me: Really? That would be great!
DCG3: Yep. You pay me $100 and I teach her.

Honestly if she could train the little ones for real I might pay up
When she gets done with yours, send her my way!
ChelseaB 05:19 PM 09-23-2015
Well it was more one of those moments you have to laugh at yourself because you're deliriously tired, so your actions are automatic. But just this evening, I accidentally kicked a toy with my foot so that it crashed loudly AND started playing music. Instinctively I jumped and looked toward the napping area while "shhhhh-ing".

.........I am completely alone. The kids have been gone for hours.

And this has been happening more frequently, although this is the first time I've caught myself rather than Hubby. Lol
Rockgirl 02:04 PM 09-24-2015
Dcg started putting her shoe on the wrong foot. I said, "Oops, wrong foot--switch it to the other foot." She does, then asks, "This foot, Ms D?"

Uhh.....no, try your third foot.
Play Care 09:03 AM 10-06-2015
Kind of funny but kind of

Yesterday my 5 yo SA DCB was heading outside. He was dawdling the doorway so I jokingly told him to "shake it!"
He proceeds to shake his bottom at me. I start laughing and say
"hey, I'm going to swat that bottom!"
He laughs and runs outside.

Then I realized what I just said
littletots 10:07 AM 10-06-2015
Kind of funny but kind of

Yesterday my 5 yo SA DCB was heading outside. He was dawdling the doorway so I jokingly told him to "shake it!"
He proceeds to shake his bottom at me. I start laughing and say
"hey, I'm going to swat that bottom!"
He laughs and runs outside.

Then I realized what I just said
Funny stuff until dck tells dcp, dcp tells your office, your office shuts you down. A provider of 22yrs had licensed pulled. She was absolutely shocked & appealed. Office reviewed case, interview dcp & dck, 2 months later decided to let her have her license back if re-attended training. Dcp didn't know who to believe. Was it a joke? Was she serious? Long term daycare family of 3yrs & 2 dck. I learned my lesson through hearing what she went through & her updates. Sorry to be a downer. I would hate same to happen to another provider.
Play Care 10:55 AM 10-06-2015
Originally Posted by littletots:
Funny stuff until dck tells dcp, dcp tells your office, your office shuts you down. A provider of 22yrs had licensed pulled. She was absolutely shocked & appealed. Office reviewed case, interview dcp & dck, 2 months later decided to let her have her license back if re-attended training. Dcp didn't know who to believe. Was it a joke? Was she serious? Long term daycare family of 3yrs & 2 dck. I learned my lesson through hearing what she went through & her updates. Sorry to be a downer. I would hate same to happen to another provider.
Thankfully this family isn't one I would worry about as I've had all three of their kids since they were infants, and they have a similar sense of humor, etc. But it did cross my mind that I have new kids whose parents don't know me, etc. thus the when I realized it.
One of the hazards of in home is that we can get too familiar with the kiddos in our care, and that was definitely the case yesterday. I actually will be on better guard though because I know all too well how the story ends...
spedmommy4 08:36 AM 10-07-2015
I am sick with the stomach flu today so my employees are filling in for me today.
One of the kids saw me walk through the main living space and said, "are you wearing THOSE sweats because your tummy is sick?"

Super funny because he is my fashionista.
Pepperth 05:44 AM 10-14-2015
I love new talkers. I have a little boy right now walking around "drinking coffee", He always switches the f and the c around, so it sounds rather like a swear. Having a hard time not laughing every single time.
Luna 01:00 PM 10-14-2015
My 16month old granddaughter saw the new Halloween cat decoration and gave him a big loud "Mooooooo!!!"
I love this thread. Sometimes a little chuckle is just what is needed.
DaveA 05:06 AM 10-16-2015
Sentence #5006 I never thought I'd hear myself say: "Don't pretend to taser the other children."
Controlled Chaos 12:00 PM 10-19-2015
It rained last night, so I thought it might be nice to go for a walk, look for worms and play at the park a bit. I always bring a towel when we go to the park so I can dry any slides etc. Well the kids went running to play and turned to unbuckle littlest dck from the stroller. When I turned back dcb3 and already made it to the top of the slide, when he came shooting down it looked like he was on a slide at a water park, there was a wake of water up to his ears as he hit the bottom of the slide! I have never seen anything like it before I had extra clothes in the stroller, so I changed dcb before drying the rest of the slides...it was amazing. I am failing to describe the amount of water exploding everywhere.
stephanie 11:22 AM 10-22-2015
Unfortunately I wasn't able to witness this, but my manager told me this story this morning and I had to laugh/share.

Dcb2 has been getting a few scratches on his face lately because toddlers. Dcd is very upset, so went to talk to manager.

Apparently dcd closed the conversation with, "It's just I'm trying to get him into modeling and acting, and if his face is all messed up like this, he'll never be able to have a modeling career."
Blackcat31 11:25 AM 10-22-2015
Originally Posted by stephanie:
Unfortunately I wasn't able to witness this, but my manager told me this story this morning and I had to laugh/share.

Dcb2 has been getting a few scratches on his face lately because toddlers. Dcd is very upset, so went to talk to manager.

Apparently dcd closed the conversation with, "It's just I'm trying to get him into modeling and acting, and if his face is all messed up like this, he'll never be able to have a modeling career."

that IS funny!
DaveA 11:31 AM 10-22-2015
Originally Posted by stephanie:

Oh WOW!
hope 09:25 AM 10-30-2015
Dcm text me......

Dcg is mostly potty trained! She only has a few accidents a day and has to be naked from the waist down because wearing underwear confuses her. But she is going on the potty!

Wow
Controlled Chaos 11:56 AM 10-30-2015
Dcm text me......

Dcg is mostly potty trained! She only has a few accidents a day and has to be naked from the waist down because wearing underwear confuses her. But she is going on the potty!

Wow
Oh good lord
DaveA 12:25 PM 10-30-2015
Dcm text me......

Wow
Wow is right. By that standard I'm a pro baseball player. All I'm missing is the ability to hit, pitch, or field.
Play Care 03:24 PM 10-30-2015
Today I loaded the kids up with sugary treats and then sent them home!!!
daycarediva 04:09 PM 10-30-2015
Dcm text me......

Wow

OH MY WORD.

Wow is right. By that standard I'm a pro baseball player. All I'm missing is the ability to hit, pitch, or field.

PAYBACK!!!
Febby 06:37 PM 10-30-2015
Same.

And I sent some sugary treats home with them!
Sunshine74 09:59 PM 10-30-2015
Originally Posted by Febby:
Same.

And I sent some sugary treats home with them!
Same x2... LoL
mamamanda 07:53 AM 11-03-2015
Dcg 5 is ALWAYS sick and has brought in many, many sicknesses over the last year. She had a cold last week and now 3 of us got it. She was so concerned about ds' voice and asked, "Why doesn't he feel good? How did he get sick?" Being frustrated over the fact it is a constant issue with her family I got a little snarky and said, "You were sick several days last week. I'm sure he just got your cold." Without missing a beat she said, "No, I still have mine!" lol
Tags:cute, funny, happy, inspirational topic, positive, sweet
First ... 5 6 7 8 9  ... Last
Reply Up