Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So Who Didn't Take The 4 Days Off?
Josiegirl 03:03 AM 07-03-2017
Or have a vacation this week?

Today should be okay; I think I've only got 2 dcks coming, possibly 4. Dcm was supposed to let me know if her 2 were coming or not, but never heard from her yesterday. That's okay...if I wasn't open, I'd probably just play catch-up somewhere or be productive or maybe take a nap, do something fun. And who would want to do that anyways??

Happy Independence Day week!! Hope you enjoy your time and stay safe!!
DaveA 04:13 AM 07-03-2017
I didn't close today but probably won't have any kids.
Rockgirl 04:28 AM 07-03-2017
I didn't close today, but I have 3 days off later this month. We are doing a water day today, so it should be fun.
Indoorvoice 04:36 AM 07-03-2017
I didn't close and everyone is coming. I think we are doing a water day too. Im really wishing I had closed but oh well!
amberrose3dg 05:14 AM 07-03-2017
I wish i was off today. Of the 12 kids, I only have 5. On the plus side I get off at 330 all week instead of 5 and closed tomorrow. We leave for vacation right after the last kid gets picked up. I'm gonna aim for 3 since all of them get picked up around then anyways. I have some parents that take their time getting here. I have a long 8 hour drive to the beach. 30 minutes will help me get there faster.
e.j. 05:19 AM 07-03-2017
I had only one child Friday and the same child is coming today. Everyone else is either on vacation or had the time off and decided to keep the kids at home. I love this one kiddo and I'm on vacation next week so it's no big deal but she's still not here and I really could have used some extra sleep this morning!
midaycare 05:31 AM 07-03-2017
I'm open today

I'm trying to be super careful with time off. Now that ds has gotten into competitive taekwondo sparring and we have to travel for tournaments, I have no idea what this next year will look like for me.

I have tomorrow off though! But if I was open, I'd still have kids dropped off Out of 4 kids here today, only 1 family is working But that's another thread...
amberrose3dg 05:36 AM 07-03-2017
Yes! The one family I was having issues with is dropping her son off so she can go do fun things with her other kid without him. Then she will say oh I feel bad he's crying at drop off.
Pestle 06:29 AM 07-03-2017
I've got three. One is napping, one is howling against the nap (resistance is futile), and one is playing Legos with my kid.

I'm cleaning the bathroom. -_- Yesterday, my husband shaved his beard right onto the floor and then came to proudly show me his face. I am not impressed by the face of a man who just dumped hair all over the floor, regardless of how cleanshaven that face might be.
MyAngels 06:55 AM 07-03-2017
I've got two kids from one family. They're both currently napping because they were up late at the fireworks last night.
Claraskids 07:44 AM 07-03-2017
I have three. They are currently painting while the "fireworks" cupcakes are baking. Then we are heading to the park. One mom promised an early pickup because she is getting off early. Here's hoping the other family does the same. Then I plan to take my own kids strawberry picking.
Off tomorrow only. We are going to the zoo!
Missjaime 08:35 AM 07-03-2017
Everyone is here, except my own kids, who got a grandma day today. Only one of my families is actually working today. I will never understand parents who drop their kids off here when they don't have to.
trix23 09:56 AM 07-03-2017
I'm open today but I try not to take off more time then needed because it can get a bit excessive at times. I take off 12 paid holidays if they fall on a weekday plus 7 sick / personal days and also three paid training days if I use them take anymore time off. In the future however if we end up having like a lake cabin rental or something for 4th of July week I may take whole week off but financially I'm not in the position to do something like that right now. I only have two plus my own two kids because one of the daycare kids had diarrhea this morning so he's home with Mom
trix23 10:45 AM 07-03-2017
I'm open today but I try not to take off more time then needed because it can get a bit excessive at times. I take off 12 paid holidays if they fall on a weekday plus 7 sick / personal days and also three paid training days if I use them take anymore time off. In the future however if we end up having like a lake cabin rental or something for 4th of July week I may take whole week off but financially I'm not in the position to do something like that right now. I only have two plus my own two kids because one of the daycare kids had diarrhea this morning so he's home with Mom
Unregistered 01:04 PM 07-03-2017
I took the whole week off, told my director see you Monday!!! I deserve it
Leigh 02:54 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I took the whole week off, told my director see you Monday!!! I deserve it
Although some might think I have spent the entire 4 days sleeping , I have done NOTHING but daycare work the entire weekend, aside from taking my kid to a parade and fireworks. I'm so very happy to be getting caught up on stuff, but I'm still not going to have time to work on tax stuff or redoing my enrollment binders (that my inspector walked off with at my last inspection). Now, I'm wishing I'd just closed the entire week, so that I could have gotten completely caught up and had a weekend to relax coming up!
KiwiKids 07:21 PM 07-03-2017
I had one little one today. She's awesome though! Happy as can be to play and then will take a 3-3.5hr nap and can sleep through all the noise my own kids make.
Josiegirl 02:54 AM 07-04-2017
We actually had a good day yesterday, the 2 SA dcks and me. We made homemade mac n cheese for lunch together. We baked banana bread muffins for snack(omg soooo good!!). Took a walk, played outside in the water, lots of card games. The kiddos(sibs) got along great, good day all around.
Rockgirl 05:43 AM 07-04-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
We actually had a good day yesterday, the 2 SA dcks and me. We made homemade mac n cheese for lunch together. We baked banana bread muffins for snack(omg soooo good!!). Took a walk, played outside in the water, lots of card games. The kiddos(sibs) got along great, good day all around.
That does sound like a fun day!

Ours was good, too. We played in the water--they always love that. It was dcg5's last day (she's been with me since she was 14 mo), plus dcb's 4th birthday, so lots of favorites and special treats allowed!
LysesKids 02:11 PM 07-04-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Although some might think I have spent the entire 4 days sleeping , I have done NOTHING but daycare work the entire weekend, aside from taking my kid to a parade and fireworks. I'm so very happy to be getting caught up on stuff, but I'm still not going to have time to work on tax stuff or redoing my enrollment binders (that my inspector walked off with at my last inspection). Now, I'm wishing I'd just closed the entire week, so that I could have gotten completely caught up and had a weekend to relax coming up!
See, that was how I spent Memorial Day weekend doing stuff on the house & childcare ... this time vacation is MINE & I have been on the beach in FL since Sunday lol. I don't re-open until next Monday
Baby Beluga 03:44 PM 07-04-2017
Was this the recipe I posted in the menu section a while back? If so, try adding pecans to the batter. Makes them even yummier
Cat Herder 03:50 PM 07-04-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Although some might think I have spent the entire 4 days sleeping , I have done NOTHING but daycare work the entire weekend, I'm so very happy to be getting caught up on stuff, but I'm still not going to have time to work on tax stuff
I hear you. I have spent the time writing lesson plans for the fall and working on next years taxes, in advance, because I have a huge fear that the MMK merge to Kidkare in October is going to ruin all the previous hours of book keeping work I have already put in and, by extension, my upcoming holiday season. I print it all on January 1st every year, it gives me a sense of accomplishment to push into the next year and frees me up to assist my husband with his books (two sets of eyes and all that jazz). My spending, ratios and rates vary little year to year, now, so I hope this saves me some hassle later. I dread the unknown.... ... well with my money and family time, anyway. Hopefully, I will not have simply blown an extra holiday weekend...
Unregistered 03:59 PM 07-04-2017
@Leigh, how do u do enrollment binders? We have the kids files in a big 4 drawer file cabinet and all of the enrollment sheets copied in a black binder that we use for our pick up lists.
Josiegirl 04:25 PM 07-04-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Was this the recipe I posted in the menu section a while back? If so, try adding pecans to the batter. Makes them even yummier
No, but I made those before too and those were good also!
These were from a cookbook written by Jack Witherspoon called Twist It Up. He's from Ca., is a 3 time leukemia survivor and raises money for cancer through the sales of his cookbooks, fundraisers and such. I believe he's now 17. His story and inspiration is pretty incredible. And his recipes sound really good. But his banana muffins are delicious.
Leigh 04:48 PM 07-04-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
@Leigh, how do u do enrollment binders? We have the kids files in a big 4 drawer file cabinet and all of the enrollment sheets copied in a black binder that we use for our pick up lists.
I over-organize. All current contracts in a binder, former clients' contracts in another binder. All food program enrollments in another binder. All trainings completed in another binder. Vaccination records in their own binder. Sign in/sign out sheets in their own binders (a new binder every year). I try to keep everything as organized as possible to make my inspections go as quickly as possible. Rather than digging through each child's records searching for a vaccination form, they can just go through my current kids' in the front of the vaccination binder and check off each child. After watching an inspector digging through records for what felt like DAYS, I separated everything into it's own category, and then bought a cabinet for my kitchen to put them in (an appliance garage, which I learned is not that corner cabinet. The corner cabinet is a Tambour, the long, straight one is an appliance garage-the man at the hardware store that I ordered it from made SURE that I knew that! LOL). Same thing, though-it's the one that sits on top of the counter and goes up to the bottom of my upper cabinets-makes them very easy to access and still hidden!
Baby Beluga 08:13 AM 07-05-2017
No, but I made those before too and those were good also!
These were from a cookbook written by Jack Witherspoon called Twist It Up. He's from Ca., is a 3 time leukemia survivor and raises money for cancer through the sales of his cookbooks, fundraisers and such. I believe he's now 17. His story and inspiration is pretty incredible. And his recipes sound really good. But his banana muffins are delicious.
That's awesome!
I will have to look into his books
Josiegirl 09:27 AM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
That's awesome!
I will have to look into his books
We made another one today called Rustic Hash. I thought it was really good as did a couple of my nonpicky eaters. Course all the other dcks didn't like 1 thing or another(potatoes or sausage or tomatoes). We're having his Strawberry Shortcake recipe for snack today. Yum!
Tags:4th of july, days off, holiday vacation
Reply Up