Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So, What Happened Was. . .
Pestle 02:22 PM 07-14-2017
Share your stories of chaos and disorder.

A storm just rolled in.
First, thunder boomed.
The thunder frightened baby number one, so I picked him up to cuddle him.
The thunder also made DD run into the room in a panic.
In her panic, DD caught her foot on the chair and went flying.
When she landed, she bumped her bottom and shot upright in pain.
When she shot upright, she slammed the crown of her head into my nose.
When she hit my nose, I yelled "Ow!"
When I yelled "Ow!" it frightened baby number one even more, and he burst into hysterical wailing.
The hysterical wailing woke up baby number two.
Baby number two hates waking up. She started to shriek.
And we all joined together, yelling "My bottom!" and "Ow!" and WAAAAAA and EEEEEEEE.
And that's what we were doing when the moms of babies one and two arrived for pick up.
jenboo 04:56 PM 07-14-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Share your stories of chaos and disorder.

A storm just rolled in.
First, thunder boomed.
The thunder frightened baby number one, so I picked him up to cuddle him.
The thunder also made DD run into the room in a panic.
In her panic, DD caught her foot on the chair and went flying.
When she landed, she bumped her bottom and shot upright in pain.
When she shot upright, she slammed the crown of her head into my nose.
When she hit my nose, I yelled "Ow!"
When I yelled "Ow!" it frightened baby number one even more, and he burst into hysterical wailing.
The hysterical wailing woke up baby number two.
Baby number two hates waking up. She started to shriek.
And we all joined together, yelling "My bottom!" and "Ow!" and WAAAAAA and EEEEEEEE.
And that's what we were doing when the moms of babies one and two arrived for pick up.

knoxmomof2 06:03 PM 07-14-2017
Oh no! Isn't that always the way it goes?! When I'm sitting and having a calm, loving moment with my group settled around me as we read a story together - not a soul shows up. You give it 5 seconds and 2 are wailing, one has had a blowout and the 4th just spilled Legos across the floor.. Am I right?!

I've just learned that :
1) No one will ever come when I look my "teacherliest" and
2) This too shall pass...
Josiegirl 09:05 AM 07-17-2017
Teacherliest.... Love that! And it's oh so true. They never seem to catch us at our most calm, moments to be proud of. Nope, it's when kids are chasing each other around the kitchen table or hiding and you've taken 30 seconds too long to find them(uh, no, I'm not sure where your child is Lol)or when 2 have just head-banged together and wailing. Or when I run in to use the bathroom for only 60 seconds because nobody would come within such a narrow window of time, then you hear a SA kid opening the locked door for their parent and you're going $hit under your breath.
hottie8962 09:42 PM 07-17-2017
Some one knocked on the door today so the 2 years old starts crying so hard,(person at the door ask why hes crying oh beacuse u knocked )then that cry scared the baby so the baby screamed ,and the other two got up from playing slammed right into each other and the last kid just walked away to go potty then came out to join in the screaming beacuse he thought it was fun and funny! I swear they all were just being so good and quiet for the past hour it was silence!
flying_babyb 10:16 PM 07-17-2017
had a parent walk in when Im down on all fours, scarf tied around my head, two kids patting my back and the third laughing, Oh and I was mooing!
Parent at least laughed at me!
DaveA 04:54 AM 07-18-2017
Mixing the sauce to pour over a pork shoulder in crock pot. DCD walks in (early) as I'm pouring bourbon into a coffee cup first thing in the morning I didn't hear the end of that one for a while.

Back when we had rats as classroom pets I didn't get the lid on the cage door shut and they ran when it swung open. DCM walks in to find one DCK on the couch crying and another sitting in the bay window with his feet pulled up yelling "GET THEM!" Mind you these are 2 of the kids that wanted them for pets and normally loved them. DCM sees a rat make a break to go under a cabinet, screams, and runs outside. Then proceeds to tell me that there's "no f#$^ing" way" she's coming inside till I get them put up. Fun few minutes was had by all
Pestle 07:08 AM 07-18-2017
Okay, hard liquor and vermin wins!
daycare 07:45 AM 07-18-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Mixing the sauce to pour over a pork shoulder in crock pot. DCD walks in (early) as I'm pouring bourbon into a coffee cup first thing in the morning I didn't hear the end of that one for a while.

Back when we had rats as classroom pets I didn't get the lid on the cage door shut and they ran when it swung open. DCM walks in to find one DCK on the couch crying and another sitting in the bay window with his feet pulled up yelling "GET THEM!" Mind you these are 2 of the kids that wanted them for pets and normally loved them. DCM sees a rat make a break to go under a cabinet, screams, and runs outside. Then proceeds to tell me that there's "no f#$^ing" way" she's coming inside till I get them put up. Fun few minutes was had by all
sounds like your house is one exciting place to be.
Pestle 11:12 AM 07-18-2017
Dave, if you only fed the rats on a diet of bourbon, they'd be easier to catch.
Reply Up