Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Home Improvement Savings?
AmyKidsCo 07:36 AM 06-28-2017
A little while ago someone posted that they had a bad experience with a checkout lady not wanting to accept their coupon because they were saving so much money. I remember the post, but not who posted it or enough details to find it through a search.

We need to reside our home this summer and are trying to figure out how to pay for it. If someone could link me to that post I'd be super grateful!!
daycarediva 07:39 AM 06-28-2017
That was me!! The post was in the off topic section.
AmyKidsCo 08:32 AM 06-28-2017
I still can't find it.

If I recall correctly you shopped at Home Depot? Using a store credit card and a TON of coupons?

DH applied for a Menards credit card and I'm on the lookout for coupons. We're hoping Menards will do their 11% rebate again before we have to buy anything.
AmyKidsCo 08:38 AM 06-28-2017
Ack, missed the 5 min edit window...

Any other tips?
DaveA 08:39 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I still can't find it.

If I recall correctly you shopped at Home Depot? Using a store credit card and a TON of coupons?

DH applied for a Menards credit card and I'm on the lookout for coupons. We're hoping Menards will do their 11% rebate again before we have to buy anything.
I don't know if they're on the same schedule all over but they just got done running that rebate here last weekend. If I remember right they either do it Bi-monthly or quarterly.
DaveA 08:45 AM 06-28-2017
Ack, missed the 5 min edit window...

Any other tips?
Figure out what you want to do and what you'll need and watch for sales and rebates. It may work out best to buy stuff here and there rather than one big shopping trip.

What are you planning on doing? Depending on what you're looking for check out a Habitat for Humanity Restore. We bought all the cabinets for our garage (4' base cabinet and 32' of upper cabinets) and 8 closet doors for $200. I see great flooring there all the time for the same price as the basic stuff at home improvement stores.
AmyKidsCo 08:51 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
I don't know if they're on the same schedule all over but they just got done running that rebate here last weekend. If I remember right they either do it Bi-monthly or quarterly.
They just finished here too. But the sales guy said they'd run it again soon, so I'm hoping.

Figure out what you want to do and what you'll need and watch for sales and rebates. It may work out best to buy stuff here and there rather than one big shopping trip.

What are you planning on doing? Depending on what you're looking for check out a Habitat for Humanity Restore. We bought all the cabinets for our garage (4' base cabinet and 32' of upper cabinets) and 8 closet doors for $200. I see great flooring there all the time for the same price as the basic stuff at home improvement stores.
Vinyl siding. We'd rather not do vinyl but the birds have destroyed the 60s particleboard siding down to the tar paper all over the house. We'd been doing spot repairs but can't keep up anymore.

Good to know about flooring when we redo the playroom floor!
284878 05:14 AM 06-29-2017
I still can't find it.

I believe it was Lowe's she was shopping at.

I believe if you have a Menards card you will get coupons in the mail that non cc holders will never see. (My parents have a card)
Blackcat31 06:20 AM 06-29-2017
I still can't find it.

Do either of you shop at Home Depot regularly?

Originally Posted by 284878:
I believe it was Lowe's she was shopping at.

I believe if you have a Menards card you will get coupons in the mail that non cc holders will never see. (My parents have a card)
My father-in-law had a CC from Menards and used to get all the coupons they offered. He got rid of his CC but he went into Menard's and threw a fit about discrimination and bad business practices (offering CC holders deals and sales that regular shoppers didn't get) and they caved and let him still take advantage of them!
DaveA 04:02 AM 07-17-2017
Hey Amy- I was at Menards yesterday and they were doing the 11% rebate again if you're still looking.
MyAngels 01:09 PM 07-17-2017
Lowes has a 10% military discount. If anyone in your immediate family has ever served you can take advantage of that.
Reply Up