Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Furniture is Expensive
ardeur 06:39 PM 06-29-2017
I've had no luck so far finding anything on craigslist. Our nearest IKEA is 3 hours away and it's $99 for delivery.

My preschoolers need an actual table/desk because my Little Tykes plastic tables aren't big enough. A cubby hole shelving unit would be awesome, too.

Any ideas on how to find something affordable?
Controlled Chaos 06:56 PM 06-29-2017
I buy nearly everything on Amazon

My MIL has a kid's fold out table that is nice $20ish and Prime so free delivery (if you have Prime) https://www.amazon.com/Cosco-Product...ds=child+table

$75 but looks like really good quality and includes 4 chairs
https://www.amazon.com/Tot-Tutors-Na...ds=child+table

$38 4 chairs but a little small https://www.amazon.com/Children-Tabl...ds=child+table
hwichlaz 07:37 PM 06-29-2017
Get a big plastic patio table, and use a hand saw to cut the legs down to kid size. It's very sturdy and washes well. It's what I used to use.
CalCare 07:57 PM 06-29-2017
I buy pretty much everything on Facebook swap groups. Search your town name and "swap" or "used sale" or "kids second hand" etc etc... It's like Craig's list but safer since it's friends and friends of friends and you see their names and profiles. You see if they are a normal family person and see their kids and their workplace, not like Craig's list where it could be any Craigslist killer for all you know.
Leigh 08:13 PM 06-29-2017
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...3aa256916c6a49

$41.47 shipped (PRIME) on Amazon.
kendallina 08:13 PM 06-29-2017
Amazon is now selling some IKEA items! Maybe check there to see if what you want is available.
trix23 04:42 AM 06-30-2017
I bought my table and 6 chairs from Costco. Love it!
midaycare 06:06 AM 06-30-2017
FB garage sale sites! Especially if you are in CA and near big cities. Even if you aren't...I live in a town with less than 20K and still find tons of great stuff! Takes persistence though.
Meeko 01:47 PM 06-30-2017
How about shelves placed at kid height for space saving tables? I am seriously thinking about doing this in my playroom.
Attached: c2110443850509bea52b2d86c01c5a30--ikea-chairs-daycare-ideas.jpg (42.2 KB) 
CityGarden 03:16 PM 06-30-2017
Originally Posted by ardeur:
I've had no luck so far finding anything on craigslist. Our nearest IKEA is 3 hours away and it's $99 for delivery.

My preschoolers need an actual table/desk because my Little Tykes plastic tables aren't big enough. A cubby hole shelving unit would be awesome, too.

Any ideas on how to find something affordable?
Honestly Ikea is worth the drive for all the items you are considering. It is not the best quality --- but it looks good and does a great job in terms of function and looking nice.
Snowmom 08:25 AM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by Meeko:
How about shelves placed at kid height for space saving tables? I am seriously thinking about doing this in my playroom.
I was going to do that too!
Really cheap and functional!

I always put items in my cart on Amazon and then "save for later". Then I log on to Amazon every day and check my cart- it will notify you when price changes occur. I lucked out a couple months ago when a set of two Melissa and Doug wood chairs lowered from $75 down to $25. It's now back up to $60. Amazon changes their pricing all the time!
ardeur 08:58 AM 07-01-2017
I lucked out yesterday and responded to a cl ad for preschool furniture shortly after it was posted. Got 2 adjustable tables and 6 chairs for $80.
daycare 11:26 AM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I did this at my old house and it was the worst. The kids would constantly fall out of the chairs trying to turn around because they can't see what's going on behind them. They also kept kicking the wall under the shelf and wiped lots of stuff on the wall in front of them.
It lasted about 6 months before I changed it. Just wanted to share
Tags:furniture
Reply Up