Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with Pictures on Website?
newtodaycare22 04:02 PM 11-12-2010
I'm redoing my website and adding pictures (none of children though). Each page has a heading of pictures at the top and here is what I have so far:

Home page **Pictures of the front of my house and daycare rooms (which I think are a great first impression
About the owner**pictures of me, my family, and my certifications
Hours and Prices-Pictures of clocks showing my times and clip art of money
Forms-Snap shots of my forms and contract

My page titled "About our program" needs pictures. My instinct was the daycare room but I already have that on the homepage and it looks funny to repeat only one set of pictures. Any ideas? Thanks!
Abigail 10:50 PM 11-12-2010
What is your daily schedule like? You should take pictures of what happens in the typical day. It is tough without using pictures of the children, unless you have your own children you want to use in the pictures. You can be creative and not have any kids in the pictures too.

Have a picture of the lunch area or the "healthy food" cupboard. Show your state-of-the-art baby proofing factors (locks, gates). Do you have a pet who adds knowledge to the children's lives about taking care of pets? Show a picture of art work done by the children. Do you have a nicely organized craft supply cabinet? Do you have a picture of your daily schedule to post?

I look forward to seeing what others have to say. I personally think even 4 photos is plenty. I wouldn't put one of my house and my family because anyone can view this and then they have your address and pictures and names and know when you're home alone....just creepy for me! I would either choose to show your house OR your family.
Lucy 11:42 AM 11-13-2010
If you don't have pictures of the kids because you don't want to put their pictures on the internet (which I understand and I am the same way), you could always show them from the back where they are unrecognizable. Also, you may want to get a picture release from the parents. Just something to think about. Good luck! When you get it done maybe you could link it for us?
Tags:pictures, website
Reply Up