Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Two Weeks Notice
Steven0720 12:31 AM 05-14-2015
Hi there, does two weeks notice valid if I mention to the worker there instead of the owner ?
Josiegirl 03:05 AM 05-14-2015
I think, to be sure, I'd hand the owner a written 2 week notice. That way nothing gets lost in the translation KWIM?
snbauser 04:03 AM 05-14-2015
Check your contract that you signed at enrollment.
Second Home 07:27 AM 05-14-2015
Most require a written notice . But like has already been mentioned check your contract and handbook on policies.
daycarediva 11:32 AM 05-14-2015
Written notice handed to the owner, most likely.
Steven0720 12:17 PM 05-14-2015
Okay, I decided to pull my son out the daycare after I picked him up one afternoon laying on the daycare floor with no response when teachers and I calling his name . I hurry in and picked him up found out he was burning hot and seems like heat stressed. The teacher told me they just got back from playing outside and thought he just tired. I told them to give me water because it seems like dehydrated . Anyway, long story short , I told the worker there, this is his last two weeks here and left because I pay the fees every two weeks.
kitykids3 12:42 PM 05-14-2015
Either way you should give a written notice to the owner/director too to be on the safe side. A worker may forget to mention it to the boss, etc.
AmyKidsCo 12:58 PM 05-14-2015
Originally Posted by kitykids3:
Either way you should give a written notice to the owner/director too to be on the safe side. A worker may forget to mention it to the boss, etc.

Most programs require written notice.
bklsmum 09:57 AM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by Steven0720:
Okay, I decided to pull my son out the daycare after I picked him up one afternoon laying on the daycare floor with no response when teachers and I calling his name . I hurry in and picked him up found out he was burning hot and seems like heat stressed. The teacher told me they just got back from playing outside and thought he just tired. I told them to give me water because it seems like dehydrated . Anyway, long story short , I told the worker there, this is his last two weeks here and left because I pay the fees every two weeks.
Why would you leave him in their care for two more weeks if you feel he is in danger there?
Thriftylady 10:02 AM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
Why would you leave him in their care for two more weeks if you feel he is in danger there?
I agree with this. You may or may not be able to get out of paying the two weeks, but if he is in danger why would you leave him? I would give it an writing and speak to the director about it.
NeedaVaca 11:45 AM 05-18-2015
Exactly my first thought.
Unregistered 02:46 PM 05-18-2015
Thats easier said then done specially if he has to pay them 2 weeks pay (center rate at that) then turn around and pay someone else for daycare for the same 2 weeks. Most people do not have extra money especially when you have to pay mortgage, utilities, food etc.
Thriftylady 03:08 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thats easier said then done specially if he has to pay them 2 weeks pay (center rate at that) then turn around and pay someone else for daycare for the same 2 weeks. Most people do not have extra money especially when you have to pay mortgage, utilities, food etc.
Money should be no issue when you feel your child's health is in danger. A heat illness can lead to death. Are you saying you would rather your child die than find a way to work something out? Take a leave of absence, call in a favor from a friend or family member, get a small personal loan. I understand being poor, hubby and I made $30,000 last year and supported our daughter who is 16 with no help from anyone. But you bet my backside if I thought my child's life was in danger I would figure something out. My child's life balanced against money? My child every time I would live in a cardboard box before I would watch my child die.
Unregistered 03:21 PM 05-18-2015
It stills fall back on you not knowing his families financial situation. He may not be able to pull out a loan and his friends and family members may have jobs also. Just from being on this forum alone I see how some providers interview a couple times before accepting a child into their program. So finding a place just to place your child is not that simple.
bklsmum 03:25 PM 05-18-2015
I am a single mother of three children and I do it all on my own and have for years. I KNOW being poor. I get that but I would pull my child out in a heartbeat and not pay them the two weeks and let them sue me for it before I would ever allow my child to be in danger. NOTHING is worth that.
NeedaVaca 04:14 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Money should be no issue when you feel your child's health is in danger. A heat illness can lead to death. Are you saying you would rather your child die than find a way to work something out? Take a leave of absence, call in a favor from a friend or family member, get a small personal loan. I understand being poor, hubby and I made $30,000 last year and supported our daughter who is 16 with no help from anyone. But you bet my backside if I thought my child's life was in danger I would figure something out. My child's life balanced against money? My child every time I would live in a cardboard box before I would watch my child die.

Silly Songs 08:45 PM 05-19-2015
If someone comes onto this forum with a question, who are we to criticize their choices ?
Thriftylady 08:56 PM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
If someone comes onto this forum with a question, who are we to criticize their choices ?
We are childcare providers who are mandated reporters. If we don't tell others to report issues that could lead to child deaths, we are not doing what we should. It is like the parents who don't want to pay because they say we didn't provide proper care. How can you say we didn't provide proper care if you left your child in what you say is a dangerous situation? It must not be dangerous if you leave your child there, what parent would knowingly endanger their child?
Unregistered 11:44 PM 05-19-2015
Was this the op first time having an issue with the daycare. It sounds to me like it could've just been an honest mistake on the teachers part. We don't know the childs personality. Maybe this is something the child does a lot (laying on the floor). When its all said and done there are no super providers with super powers. We are all human. We make mistakes. I can understand op wanting to pull the dck from the center but take your time and find the right place for dck.
mommyneedsadayoff 08:35 AM 05-20-2015
Was this the op first time having an issue with the daycare. It sounds to me like it could've just been an honest mistake on the teachers part. We don't know the childs personality. Maybe this is something the child does a lot (laying on the floor). When its all said and done there are no super providers with super powers. We are all human. We make mistakes. I can understand op wanting to pull the dck from the center but take your time and find the right place for dck.
I disagree. I wouldn't take my time. I pulled my son out of preschool for something similar. At pick up in the afternoon, they would be out on the playground in full sun. This was when it was 90 degrees outside and no breeze and my son would get in the car and be super hot (no sunscreen either). All the kids would just stand around the teacher, because it was too hot to play, so I asked the teacher why they are outside in full sun when it is so hot, and she snapped at me that as long as the it is nice out, we go out! I told her they may rethink that when one of these kids end up in the hospital from heat exhaustion and my kid never went back. Heat is not something you mess with and I know this because I had to go to the ER for it when I was 8 after going on a canoe trip. It was not pleasant and it is extremely dangerous for young children.
NightOwl 10:00 AM 05-20-2015
So money IS more important that child safety?? Take two weeks off work to find better care. It CAN be done. People who say I can't take off, I can't do this, I can't make that happen, etc, are my pet peeve. Yes.You.Can. You're just choosing not to because it's easier. I know this sounds snarky, but to me, the child's safety trumps everything, including money, jobs, etc.
Thriftylady 12:10 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I disagree. I wouldn't take my time. I pulled my son out of preschool for something similar. At pick up in the afternoon, they would be out on the playground in full sun. This was when it was 90 degrees outside and no breeze and my son would get in the car and be super hot (no sunscreen either). All the kids would just stand around the teacher, because it was too hot to play, so I asked the teacher why they are outside in full sun when it is so hot, and she snapped at me that as long as the it is nice out, we go out! I told her they may rethink that when one of these kids end up in the hospital from heat exhaustion and my kid never went back. Heat is not something you mess with and I know this because I had to go to the ER for it when I was 8 after going on a canoe trip. It was not pleasant and it is extremely dangerous for young children.
I had heat issues when I was 10 or 11. You are right it is miserable. I had been at the lake all day with a friend and her family. I ended up a day later with issues with my eyes (I think they were sunburned or something), a fever of 105 degrees, and was so miserable and having nightmares from my fevers. I am very careful now when it comes to heat. I didn't know any better back then but I learned better really fast.
Unregistered 09:59 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by NessaRose:
So money IS more important that child safety?? Take two weeks off work to find better care. It CAN be done. People who say I can't take off, I can't do this, I can't make that happen, etc, are my pet peeve. Yes.You.Can. You're just choosing not to because it's easier. I know this sounds snarky, but to me, the child's safety trumps everything, including money, jobs, etc.
Not everyone can just two weeks off of work last minute.
LysesKids 03:06 AM 05-21-2015
Not everyone can just two weeks off of work last minute.
I've been a single parent for years and before becoming a daycare provider I pulled My daughter from the daycare setting that almost killed her ... And no, I couldn't afford it but I couldn't afford to lose my child either: I will choose my child over my job anytime and when my daughter was 5 that's exactly what I did
Second Home 07:04 AM 05-21-2015
Before I opened my child care I worked for a large company .
At 9 months old my dd became ill , and was hospitalized . I took off over a week to be with her . Did my job get mad , yes . Did I care no , she was the most important thing at the time .
Unregistered 11:31 PM 05-21-2015
My daycare situation changed at the last minute and I asked my boss if I could take a couple of weeks off to find daycare he told me NO. Fortunately my husband has a good job and I was able to quit and stay home with my kids. Thank god we were able to afford me quitting because I don't know what I would've done. Its hard to find a job that pays well with medical/dental coverage in this economy. Im sure he did his background on this facility (no deaths). Its funny how you're making this parent feel bad but on another post High fiving a caregiver who's in the process of getting her license back after a kid walked out of a daycare facility. Thats what I call a hypocrite.
Tags:two week notice
Reply Up