Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Daycare Franchise Questions
ack 01:10 PM 03-04-2016
I have 2 DDs who, over the course of several years, attended private (non franchise), franchise and in home day care facilities. Before sending my girls anywhere, I looked at as many places and did as much homework on everything that I could possibly think of. I considered myself pretty well versed on the subject of day care, considering that at one point I even looked into the possibility of owning/operating my own place. (I just wasn't able to pull it off, for a number of reasons. Probably none of this is relevant to my question, but I figured I'd give some background.)

I found this forum while doing research for my new job. There is SO MUCH information here, I'm a little floored. I'm hoping someone can help me out; I'm not even sure that there's an answer to my question. Please note, I'm not looking for anything other than some direction or assistance.

The company I work for has built day care facilities for a national franchise, and wants to expand and build for more franchises. I have been directed to find out how to do this and hopefully touch base with the right people in order to get us moving in that direction. Sounds simple enough, right? OMG- NOT THAT SIMPLE.

For days I have been sending in contact me forms and searching every website available and can't seem to find the proper channels to get me where I need to go- as far as with whom I would speak or even the appropriate department name for what I'm looking to do, which is, at the very least, get us a shot at being on the bidders list.

HERE'S THE PART WITH THE ACTUAL QUESTIONS:
To those of you who worked with a franchise, how does it all work? Every company seems to offer lots of "assistance" with many aspects, but what I need to know is who does the building and how do I get my company in the running?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA for any and all responses.
Blackcat31 01:21 PM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by ack:
I have 2 DDs who, over the course of several years, attended private (non franchise), franchise and in home day care facilities. Before sending my girls anywhere, I looked at as many places and did as much homework on everything that I could possibly think of. I considered myself pretty well versed on the subject of day care, considering that at one point I even looked into the possibility of owning/operating my own place. (I just wasn't able to pull it off, for a number of reasons. Probably none of this is relevant to my question, but I figured I'd give some background.)

I found this forum while doing research for my new job. There is SO MUCH information here, I'm a little floored. I'm hoping someone can help me out; I'm not even sure that there's an answer to my question. Please note, I'm not looking for anything other than some direction or assistance.

The company I work for has built day care facilities for a national franchise, and wants to expand and build for more franchises. I have been directed to find out how to do this and hopefully touch base with the right people in order to get us moving in that direction. Sounds simple enough, right? OMG- NOT THAT SIMPLE.

For days I have been sending in contact me forms and searching every website available and can't seem to find the proper channels to get me where I need to go- as far as with whom I would speak or even the appropriate department name for what I'm looking to do, which is, at the very least, get us a shot at being on the bidders list.

HERE'S THE PART WITH THE ACTUAL QUESTIONS:
To those of you who worked with a franchise, how does it all work? Every company seems to offer lots of "assistance" with many aspects, but what I need to know is who does the building and how do I get my company in the running?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA for any and all responses.
Welcome to the forum!

I wish I could say that someone will have the answers you are looking for but I am not so sure they can be found here.

A majority of the members here are in home family child care providers and/or employees in a center. We do have a couple members that do own/operate centers but I am unsure of whether they are independently owned/operated or if they belong to a franchise or not. Hopefully they will respond and answer that.

I am glad to hear you found this site so helpful as that is the intention.

I am wondering though if maybe your best bet for info wouldnt be to just call an owner or director of a local franchise and ask them for assistance as they would probably be more than happy to help as most people in this profession seem to have that helping gene...lol!

I am sorry I couldn't answer your questions for you and perhaps someone on this board can but I sincerely hope you find the answers you are seeking.
ack 09:15 AM 03-07-2016
Thank you for responding! Whether or not I end up getting the answer here, I am definitely glad I found this site and will continue to use it. This is pretty great. :-)
Tags:franchise
Reply Up