Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Terminated A Child/ Mom Wants Refund HELP!
mellie25 05:20 PM 01-06-2017
I have been a home daycare provider for 3.5 years and for the first time had to terminate a child for his destructive behavior. My sister and I have numerous conversations with mom about his behavior but nothing has seem to change. I gave mom a letter yesterday at pick and briefly explained to her that we feel its time to part ways she, of course, got upset and stormed out. I'm my letter to her I stated that as a courtesy I would allow her 2 weeks to find a new daycare for him. Today I get an email from her stating that yesterday would be the childs last day and she will not be using the 2 weeks I offered but is asking for a refund of for the reaming balance of tuition. The following is what my contract states:

The provider may terminate services without notice for the following reasons:

• Failure to comply with the policies in this handbook.
• Failure to comply with the contract.
• Destructive or hurtful behavior of the child that persists after parent cooperation in stopping the behavior.
• Non Payment of child care fees, late fees, etc.
• Failure to attend childcare for up to 5 days without any communication
• Failure to complete forms
• Inability to meet child’s needs without additional staff

__________initial

My question is since she is choosing to not utilize the 2 weeks, do I really owe her anything
sahm1225 05:27 PM 01-06-2017
What does your contract say about parent canceling the contract?
Mike 06:40 PM 01-06-2017
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
What does your contract say about parent canceling the contract?
This

If your contract says parent has to give 2 weeks notice, then you do not have to pay back for the next 2 weeks. If it has nothing about parent canceling, you may have a problem.
lovemydaycare0912 03:31 AM 01-07-2017
I was going to ask the same thing. I have specific details in my handbook and state either way there are no refunds just in case this reason happens.
Tags:refund, refund policy
Reply Up