Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Inappropriate Media Exposure
Unregistered 05:55 PM 01-06-2017
Does anyone ever question the types of things their dcks get exposed to? Whether it's parents who think the kids aren't paying attention or older siblings or just not enough supervision?
Pestle 07:02 PM 01-06-2017
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84858

Unregistered 07:45 PM 01-06-2017
I was thinking more like mtv, twerking, adventure time, etc. I have a 4yo boy who is always dancing inappropriately and his friend (also 4, enjoys wearing axe body spray) was laying on top of him yesterday laughing and thrusting, it was... confusing.
Pestle 08:07 PM 01-06-2017
(o_O)

(o__O)

(o_______O)
Josiegirl 03:48 AM 01-07-2017
I question it a lot because my old-fashioned views seem so different than today's parents. But I don't say anything, only deal with the aftermath of it here. It's especially hard when you've got mixed ages, such as kids that are 6-8 that have all kinds of music on their ipods and come in singing the lyrics. Then the 4 yos go home singing them and get squashed by their parents. So yeh, I have to keep a close eye out for that kind of thing.
I have 4 SA dcks and 2 of them are very well informed of everything in their lives. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, their mom is a social worker and believes in telling all. Consequently, a lot of it trickles into dc.
Tags:media, media exposure, supervision - inadequate
Reply Up