Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Give Me Strength!
Miss A 07:58 AM 01-04-2017
It's spaghetti day. This is the first time I am introducing spaghetti to this group of kiddos I have. The clean freak in me is already hyperventilating!

The people who owned the house before we did thought tan carpet in a dining room was acceptable flooring. I have come to the realization that it will never be tan again, especially with a little boy of my own.

My 2017 business goal is to put enough money aside to put in washable flooring in the dining room!
midaycare 08:07 AM 01-04-2017
Good luck! Maybe I'm weird but I never serve tomato sauce or sauce with anything, really. The kids seem to enjoy plain noodles with a tiny bit of butter better, and I like giving kids the taste of things, and not covering it up too much.

We just put new floors in our downstairs/kitchen area. Such a difference! But we went 2 years with carpet. I feel your pain!
Baby Beluga 08:17 AM 01-04-2017
Fun!

Maybe a rug under the dining table? I know a rug on carpet isn't the greatest solution but maybe it would ease your anxiety a bit?
Miss A 08:19 AM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Fun!

Maybe a rug under the dining table? I know a rug on carpet isn't the greatest solution but maybe it would ease your anxiety a bit?
I actually put down dollar store tablecloths when we are having a messy meal, or doing a messy project. Short term solution until I am able to get new flooring. It isn't pretty, but it works great!
Baby Beluga 08:36 AM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
I actually put down dollar store tablecloths when we are having a messy meal, or doing a messy project. Short term solution until I am able to get new flooring. It isn't pretty, but it works great!
That's a good idea!
Josiegirl 09:34 AM 01-04-2017
Haha yep! I can't bring myself to serve saucy meals like that very often because the kids don't like them anyways, mixing their foods and all that. But there is a rice dish that most of them like and every time I'm cleaning the floor after lunch, I keep thinking 'why oh why do I make this?' I have dogs that love to clean my floor but 1 of them is allergic to rice.
Blackcat31 09:54 AM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
It's spaghetti day. This is the first time I am introducing spaghetti to this group of kiddos I have. The clean freak in me is already hyperventilating!

The people who owned the house before we did thought tan carpet in a dining room was acceptable flooring. I have come to the realization that it will never be tan again, especially with a little boy of my own.

My 2017 business goal is to put enough money aside to put in washable flooring in the dining room!
My kiddos spaghetti!

I break the noodles up into bite sized pieces before cooking. Makes eating a whole lot easier and makes clean up a breeze too!

Perfect day for spaghetti too since it's National Spaghetti Day! http://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/n...day-january-4/

Miss A 10:24 AM 01-04-2017
That's what I did with my noodles before cooking them, it was so much easier to serve that way!

But, my kids do not like spaghetti. The green beans on the other hand were a huge hit, and we ran out fast.
daycarediva 11:00 AM 01-04-2017
I pasta, but I can't eat it much. I do serve it once a week to the dck's, and i usually eat spaghetti squash.

My crew is pretty good with messes, overall.

I LOATHE serving rice and quinoa though. I do it anyway, but I don't like it.
Mom2Two 03:58 PM 01-04-2017
What about a linoleum remnant (like 8' x 6' or whatever) under the table?

We needed new lino for years, and finally did it ourselves two years ago. We went with vinyl tile sheets from Home depot, but our pre-existing subfloor worked okay with putting that down. For the kitchen, dining, and entryway, it cost us about $1000 doing it ourselves.
Leigh 07:38 PM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My kiddos spaghetti!

I break the noodles up into bite sized pieces before cooking. Makes eating a whole lot easier and makes clean up a breeze too!

Perfect day for spaghetti too since it's National Spaghetti Day! http://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/n...day-january-4/

I use Fideo cut noodles-they're like spaghetti noodles that are already cut up!
Unregistered 03:56 AM 01-07-2017
Oh gosh, I feel your pain!

I serve spaghetti and other messy foods but I have two dedicated child care rooms and our room used for lunch and crafts has laminate flooring.

I couldn't bear to serve spaghetti with sauce with carpet. How did it turn out?
ColorfulSunburst 02:47 PM 01-08-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My kiddos spaghetti!

I break the spaghetti up in twain and also show to kids how they suppose to twirl a fork with spaghetti on the side of a plate. Even 2yo get it very fast and even more, they like to eat spaghetti in this way. No mess. Literally NO MESS.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 10:41 AM 01-10-2017
So I read this post yesterday, and thought "Genius! Break the spaghetti up before you cook it!".

Today I tried it and was injured. While snapping the spaghetti into bite size lengths (a small handful at a time) one poked me in the finger. Pricked my finger... and drew blood! I seriously got a "spaghetti injury". I have now lost blood during a spaghetti noodle attack.
Sumshine 11:44 AM 01-10-2017
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
So I read this post yesterday, and thought "Genius! Break the spaghetti up before you cook it!".

Today I tried it and was injured. While snapping the spaghetti into bite size lengths (a small handful at a time) one poked me in the finger. Pricked my finger... and drew blood! I seriously got a "spaghetti injury". I have now lost blood during a spaghetti noodle attack.
I always just make mine with elbow macaroni and very light sauce. The kids don't make a huge mess of it and are really good with that shaped noodle and a spoon or fork!

I don't like breaking apart spaghetti noodles I always make a mess of it myself but have never hurt myself... yet lol!
Tags:messy foods, spaghetti
Reply Up