Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Suggestions for Kids Exercise Videos?
KTsKids 07:56 AM 01-16-2017
So I've spent the last 9 months dieting and have managed to lose 90lbs. It sounds like a lot however I still have a way to go. My weight loss slowed down drastically about 3 months ago and in the last month I've lost just 2 pounds. I know I need to increase my exercise but it's tricky to find time as I offer 24/7 childcare. On slow days I take the kids for a walk, but I can't take more than 2 as my largest stroller is a double. I also do a short basic tumbling/gymnastics class with the kids every morning (I coached at a gym prior to opening the daycare).

I'm getting seriously off topic... My question is, have any of you tried children's exercise videos? I know there are some other threads about this however I'm specifically looking for something that would not only hold their attention but also get MY heart rate up. Any suggestions would by much appreciated!
Indoorvoice 09:57 AM 01-16-2017
My group really likes Cosmic Kids Yoga on YouTube. Just search it and a bunch pop up. I can usually find one that goes with our theme. Really there are a ton of kids workout videos on YouTube and also the dance videos can get your heart rate up too.
LadyK8 10:11 AM 01-16-2017
I like Jack Haartman (sp?) videos. A lot of dancing and interaction.
TXhomedaycare 12:04 PM 01-16-2017
We watch Go Noodle and Just Dance on YouTube and those are a great workout for me and the kids
KTsKids 03:28 PM 01-16-2017
We tried Just Dance today, it was actually pretty fun! I've played the game but didn't realize they had anything like that on youtube. The kids weren't quite coordinate to keep up but it hilarious watching them try
Pepperth 03:45 AM 01-17-2017
My kids love the Pancake Manor exercise video on Youtube. Its pretty short, like 11 minutes, so it probably wouldn't help you much. The daycare kids here ask for it a few times a week.
Reply Up