Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Would You Handle ?
daycare 05:13 PM 01-04-2017
Have a DCB I sent home yesterday with fever and just not feeling well. Child stayed home today.
Dcp contacts me says child was fine all day today, but wants to take to doctors tomorrow to make sure child is ok?????
Then wants to drop off child after appointment to the childcare. I've never had a parent request this.
I want to ask why the need to go to the doctor if the child was fine all day today ? Something seems off. I've never had this request.

What should you do? How would you handle ?
childcaremom 05:16 PM 01-04-2017
I would be tempted to tell them that if they need a doctor's appt to make sure the child is ok, then child is not ok to return to care. That you will require a doctor's note with diagnosis and you will determine whether or not they can return to care on Friday.

I don't know. Seems weird. Because exactly, if child is fine, then why go to doctor's?
daycare 05:23 PM 01-04-2017
Glad I'm not the only one that think it's odd for the need to go to the doctors if the child is fine.

I think maybe I could just say since your going to the doctors please get a doctors note of clearance or diagnosis????
finsup 06:36 PM 01-04-2017
I've had parents want to do this. It's actually in my policies if they require a doctor's visit (aside from well child checks) they need to stay home. Kind of like if they need meds to get through the day, they're still too sick to come. So personally, I would just say if he's sick enough to see the doctor, then he needs to remain home after the visit and rest. See you Friday
Blackcat31 06:06 AM 01-05-2017
I don't allow attendance on ANY day that includes a Dr visit prior to care.

...why drag all those germs straight from the Dr's office into your daycare anyways?

Also not understanding why the child would need to see the Dr if he was "fine all day"

Listen to your instincts... they're usually spot on!
daycarediva 09:48 AM 01-05-2017
Originally Posted by finsup:
I've had parents want to do this. It's actually in my policies if they require a doctor's visit (aside from well child checks) they need to stay home. Kind of like if they need meds to get through the day, they're still too sick to come. So personally, I would just say if he's sick enough to see the doctor, then he needs to remain home after the visit and rest. See you Friday
precisely. If you think they're so ill they require an appointment, then they most certainly are too ill for daycare.

Goodness people.
Reply Up