Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview "No-Show" Question
LadyK8 10:37 AM 01-08-2017
At what point would you consider parents a no-show when waiting for them to arrive for an interview?
sahm1225 11:32 AM 01-08-2017
I would give them 15 minutes, maybe 30 if they called saying they were running late.
LysesKids 11:39 AM 01-08-2017
Originally Posted by LadyK8:
At what point would you consider parents a no-show when waiting for them to arrive for an interview?
I say they are no show after 5 minutes past the time set without a call ( a call saying they are stuck in traffic is another thing)... I don't even give out my address (just general area) until a few hours before the interview & parents have to call me to get it; NO call by 4pm for a 6pm interview, I assume they aren't interested... If a parent calls to get the address and then no shows I put their name on my list of "never again". I do infants only and have only had one parent flake on the interview in 5 years since I started requiring a call to get the address. Of course all my policies, rates etc are on my website , so that in itself weeds out some families and they don't even bother to contact me
ColorfulSunburst 12:02 PM 01-08-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Of course all my policies, rates etc are on my website so that in itself weeds out some families and they don't even bother to contact me
90% of my customers pay more than they were going to pay. If I have my rates on my website I would never get them as my customers. All information about policies, rates etc I share with parents during interview only.

I schedule interviews for only the time when I am at home anyway. As a result, I newer care will parents come or not. I can cook, clean the yard, read a book, watch Netflix ...
LadyK8 01:13 PM 01-08-2017
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I would give them 15 minutes, maybe 30 if they called saying they were running late.
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I say they are no show after 5 minutes past the time set without a call ( a call saying they are stuck in traffic is another thing)... I don't even give out my address (just general area) until a few hours before the interview & parents have to call me to get it; NO call by 4pm for a 6pm interview, I assume they aren't interested... If a parent calls to get the address and then no shows I put their name on my list of "never again". I do infants only and have only had one parent flake on the interview in 5 years since I started requiring a call to get the address. Of course all my policies, rates etc are on my website , so that in itself weeds out some families and they don't even bother to contact me
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:
90% of my customers pay more than they were going to pay. If I have my rates on my website I would never get them as my customers. All information about policies, rates etc I share with parents during interview only.

I schedule interviews for only the time when I am at home anyway. As a result, I newer care will parents come or not. I can cook, clean the yard, read a book, watch Netflix ...

Thank you guys so much. Just dealt with my first "no call/no show" today. *sigh*
Cat Herder 05:42 PM 01-09-2017
Did you email them your contract, digital resource files, curriculum outlines, schedules, sample menus and forms?

**Sometimes newer/local providers will schedule and no-show like this to get your paperwork. I have even had one tour.

Keep those numbers in your phone. You may see them again.
LysesKids 07:04 PM 01-09-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Did you email them your contract, digital resource files, curriculum outlines, schedules, sample menus and forms?

**Sometimes newer/local providers will schedule and no-show like this to get your paperwork. I have even had one tour.

Keep those numbers in your phone. You may see them again.
And this is why families don't get my paperwork until I have the intent to contract or a signed contract in my hand with first months fees... Once they guarantee they are signing I hand them the rest of the forms lol.
Tags:interviews, no show - call parents
Reply Up