Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question For Those Who Work In Centers
racemom 01:43 PM 01-12-2017
Do you ever have an impression of a child that is not in your class, and when you have them think Wow was I wrong? Our numbers have been down this week, so I have had a couple of boys join my class this week, and Wow! The first one my impression from seeing him in common areas of the center was he is loud and wild. Always running, and busy. Well I had him Monday and Tuesday. Very polite, always asks if he can play with something, listens, sits nice during circle etc. The second one is very quiet. I have had him yesterday and today, and yes he is quiet, while he is doing everything that he should not be. I have caught him twice trying to purposefully break a toy, he has tried to hit several friends, and shakes his head no if asked to do anything! So maybe I am not a good judge of character!
Baby Beluga 02:09 PM 01-12-2017
I sued to work in a center and experienced this as well. I think a good part of it is that they are not used to you/your classroom and therefor their behavior changes. What you see when they are with their regular class is likely how their regular disposition is
Febby 04:09 PM 01-12-2017
Yes, and more than once. I have one girl right now who was a nightmare in every room before mine. All the other teachers told me how horrible she is and how she doesn't listen, etc. I find her to be very manageable. Certainly not my best kid, but not terrible either.
Ariana 06:20 PM 01-12-2017
It is weird but I always found the kids with the worst behavior always behaved well with me. I also found that children with lower functioning autism would also listen to be more than other teachers. Some kids didn't listen to anyone but some of them need the type of guidance that you provide.
racemom 09:32 AM 01-13-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
It is weird but I always found the kids with the worst behavior always behaved well with me. I also found that children with lower functioning autism would also listen to be more than other teachers. Some kids didn't listen to anyone but some of them need the type of guidance that you provide.
This is probably what made the first one change in my room. I work with children who have behavior issues, so my room is very structured. Maybe he needs that structure and less free play time. He has asked several times after being with me if he can be on my room, so I know he enjoyed the days.
Tags:centers
Reply Up