Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Valentine's Day
Josiegirl 04:05 AM 01-17-2017
Do you make a big celebration of it, such as having them make card holders and exchange Valentines? Have a party? Give them anything? Goodie bags?
Honestly, I haven't gotten over the overwhelming feeling of Christmas yet and hate to think about another party.
daycarediva 04:28 AM 01-17-2017
Yup. We have an small/short party AFTER PM snack. We make card holders during the day. (just white gift bags they decorate) about an hour before pick up times start, I give them a treat (this year it's chocolate dipped strawberries) and then we are watching a valentines movie.
Jupadia 04:48 AM 01-17-2017
Yes we do a small party. I'll make sandwiches that day cut them into hearts, a a couple drops of red to milk to make it pink. The kids will decorate brown bags and I'll stick cards into them that parents send. And I'll do a small little bag with a dollers store item or two for each of the kids. I only have kids to our party's never any parents
I don't do valintines treats though but that's because my oldest who will be 4 has his birthday that day so we already do birthday cupcakes in the afternoon.
DaveA 05:11 AM 01-17-2017
Honestly I don't do anything for Valentine's Day with the DCKs. School agers do something at school and the younger ones realty could care less.
Snowmom 07:24 AM 01-17-2017
Our "party" consists of them coloring/making valentine cards for each other and a little treat at snack time.

That's pretty much how all our "parties" go.

I used to put more effort in. But now I just find it pointless. The kids really don't care about holidays. Really, the only thing they care about on birthdays or holidays is having a treat. So that's what they get!
Heart12 08:53 AM 01-17-2017
If I had older kiddos I would probably have a little party. Right now I only have little ones, & Im trying to find a little art project to send home!
Meeko 01:24 PM 01-17-2017
I have just started doing a candy exchange on Halloween and Valentines again. The kids decorate bags and then share their candy to take home.

I stopped a couple years ago, because parents were getting so lazy. I got too many comments of
"Oh we forgot to bring the candy! But she/he will still get some, right???"
So it ended up with just a few parents bringing stuff and me having to run to the store to get a few bags of goodies so their take home bags didn't look lame. Parents figured out that their kid was going to get a goody bag even if they didn't bring anything.

I was honest and told everyone why we were stopping doing it.
I started back up this past Halloween and we ended up with too MUCH candy!!!
AmyKidsCo 05:56 PM 01-17-2017
I put out a sign up for parents to send in special foods for throughout the day, wear red/pink/purple, and exchange Valentines. We usually decorate paper bags, boxes, or something to put the Valentines in. I keep it pretty low-key.
KSDC 11:16 AM 01-18-2017
I don't do "parties" for the daycare. (My kids all seem to think "party" means junk food!) But, all of my activities crafts and snacks will be a heart theme.

I don't make a big deal about Valentine cards. Each year a few of my families send them. I just put them in the cubbies to send home.
kendallina 07:04 PM 01-18-2017
I do a family party around Valentine's Day. I don't do a Christmas one and it's nice to get everyone together. It's a potluck. I make chili. I typically have it on the Thursday evening before Valentine's Day.

In class, the kids bring Valentine's cards for each other and we do some light V-day activities all week, usually with a 'friendship' theme.
Tags:valentine's day
Reply Up