Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help with Daycare Closing Days!!
luvmykids757 01:43 PM 06-20-2016
I am planning to open up my in home daycare by the end of the year and need some help with vacation time. Due to me having my own 6 year daughter I want to be able to spend some time with her during her summer vacation without having to have other kids to occupy my attention. I would like to be closed for one month (July) during the summer and for one week during Christmas break. Is that too much? Also, I would be closed major holidays. Parents are still responsible for paying full week tuition during the holidays but Christmas break and Summer would be unpaid. That would be my only time off. How can I word that in handbook?
Mike 02:56 PM 06-20-2016
Nothing wrong with taking a month off in the summer. It's your business and your hours. If parents don't like it, they will have to go elsewhere. For the contract, just have a section that tells about your holidays an vacations and specify that you will not be open in July and there is no charge for that month.
thrivingchildcarecom 04:59 PM 06-20-2016
I agree. Just be sure to detail your expected vacation time and holiday closures in your handbook and contract. One thing, it might be a good idea to see if you can refer parents to alternate care during the time you are closed. If you are able to do this, there might be less chance of loosing clients should they need to find alternate care during those times.

I did this once for another provider. We made an agreement for a short term contract with her client. I made some extra money and she didn't loose a client.
luvmykids757 08:43 AM 08-06-2016
That sounds terrific. I am definitely going to look into setting up alternative care with another provider.
Reply Up