Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bulletin boards
Thriftylady 09:52 AM 08-31-2014
Ok I am sure this has been covered in the past and I did look at some of the threads but didn't find it exactly. But do you have any sites you love for free printable for your bulletin boards? I know I can just go buy the stuff, but I like free better LOL. DH just hung my board and I would like to get some kind of September theme going!
midaycare 09:59 AM 08-31-2014
Following! I just decided to do bulletin boards myself. Although I'm trying to keep it really simple. This month is the letter lbs A, B, C and the numbers 1, 2, 3. Also 2 colors a month.
Thriftylady 10:01 AM 08-31-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Following! I just decided to do bulletin boards myself. Although I'm trying to keep it really simple. This month is the letter lbs A, B, C and the numbers 1, 2, 3. Also 2 colors a month.
That is what I want to do when I have more than the one kiddo! For now I am am thinking doing something based one what I do with my one and my grandson itsy bitsy spider or body parts or something.
Josiegirl 10:09 AM 08-31-2014
I just found some crazy cute adorable ideas for bulletin boards!! Guess where??

Yes, Pinterest! I'm stealing the apple and fall leaves, so adorable!
Thriftylady 07:39 PM 08-31-2014
Well I did mine. It is good sized so I did two halves. One I did itsy bitsy spider. The other side is a gumball machine. I ended up using printable coloring pages.
daycarediva 06:09 AM 09-01-2014
www.teacherspayteachers.com

you can select free in the parameters. I get soooo much awesome stuff from there! I print it all on cardstock, laminate and reuse it.
Josiegirl 07:03 AM 09-01-2014
Oh no daycarediva, what have you done??? I think I need to buy stock in printer ink now.
Blackcat31 07:07 AM 09-01-2014
I have 4 bulletin boards- Each one is changed out for whatever theme/topic we are working on.. Plus a parent board that is updated when needed for parent info.

ALL my ideas and stuff have pretty much come from teacherspayteachers.
The free stuff changes a lot so what cost yesterday may be free today so check back often!!

I also own a Cricut cutter and if you are familiar with them, you know what I mean when I say the possibilities are endless!!
midaycare 10:13 AM 09-01-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have 4 bulletin boards- Each one is changed out for whatever theme/topic we are working on.. Plus a parent board that is updated when needed for parent info.

ALL my ideas and stuff have pretty much come from teacherspayteachers.
The free stuff changes a lot so what cost yesterday may be free today so check back often!!

I also own a Cricut cutter and if you are familiar with them, you know what I mean when I say the possibilities are endless!!
BC I looked the Cricut up on Amazon, but I'm still confused. What exactly does it do? Do you create something on your computer and then print it?
Thriftylady 10:19 AM 09-01-2014
BC I looked the Cricut up on Amazon, but I'm still confused. What exactly does it do? Do you create something on your computer and then print it?
I believe it is a die cutter with dies where you can cut things with it. I could be way off though.
midaycare 10:27 AM 09-01-2014
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I believe it is a die cutter with dies where you can cut things with it. I could be way off though.
I'm going to sound dumb, but I'm okay with that. I come from a non crafty family, so I've had to learn as I go. What in the world is a die cutter?
daycarediva 10:58 AM 09-01-2014
It cuts shapes for you. Letters, etc. You have to buy special cartridges that contain certain shapes. I believe you can make them all different sizes, too.

I REALLY want one. It's on my wish list.
Blackcat31 04:54 PM 09-01-2014
There is one you can use from your PC but I have an independent machine where you use cartridges and can cut out shapes, letters and designs in 100's of different sizes and amounts.

You can use vinyl (in colors) and make wall words. Letters can be printed in one piece up to 12" x 12" and in multiple pieces for unlimited sizes.

Each cartridge has 1,000's of combinations of print options in shapes where other cartridges have just alphabets in different fonts. Most alphabet cartridges allow you to print the font in shadowed and regular versions ad have both lower and upper case options.

It's the neatest daycare "toy" I've ever bought!!
The possibilities are endless! You just load your paper (in choice of color and type) and hit a few buttons indicating which shape or letter you want cut and how many and hit cut and the machine does it all for you!

I use it for cards, bulletin boards, crafts for the DCK's, scrapbooking, wall words and anything you can think of!

Here are some examples of cartridges I have

Reply Up