Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 6 7 8 9 10  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today?
LittleTikes 08:08 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
I love new talkers. I have a little boy right now walking around "drinking coffee", He always switches the f and the c around, so it sounds rather like a swear. Having a hard time not laughing every single time.
LOL! My dd has a lisp and keeps announcing that she wants to go see the Peanuts movie--much to the delight of her teenage sibling and friends. I told her just to call it, "Charlie Brown."
Annalee 11:32 AM 11-03-2015
Originally Posted by LittleTikes:
LOL! My dd has a lisp and keeps announcing that she wants to go see the Peanuts movie--much to the delight of her teenage sibling and friends. I told her just to call it, "Charlie Brown."
I have a special needs nephew that is 20 years old now but like a 4 year old. He loves wearing his daddy's socks. Anyway, we were in a large group the other day and he kept telling this lady that he was wearing his daddy's socks but she thought he kept saying his daddy sucks... She kept saying no, don't say that and when I realized what he was saying I explained it to her..
kitykids3 05:36 PM 11-03-2015
Sometimes I stick out my tongue in fun to the kids as part of making silly faces to them. Today I did and my 3 month old stuck his tongue out. too cute.
Play Care 06:15 AM 11-12-2015
Every time I sit on the floor the 18 month old is always trying to pull the back of my pants down. I kept wondering why he does that. This morning as I pulled him aside for a quick diap check, it hit me. I'm getting my pants checked for poo
Controlled Chaos 07:40 AM 11-12-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Every time I sit on the floor the 18 month old is always trying to pull the back of my pants down. I kept wondering why he does that. This morning as I pulled him aside for a quick diap check, it hit me. I'm getting my pants checked for poo

I have a dcg 23m who checks all the other kids diapers all day
Baby Beluga 07:22 AM 11-23-2015
Delivery person knocked on my door while the DC kids were eating breakfast. They can't see the front door from the kitchen thus couldn't see who was at the door. DCB was so convinced it was "Santa on Miss Baby Beluga's roof!"
Blackcat31 08:05 AM 11-23-2015
DCG during meal time discussion asks my DH how old he is.

DH replies "How old do you think I am?"
DCG "24 or 25 yrs old"
DH "I am almost twice that. I am 46"
DCG "You can't be. Your face isn't old"

Play Care 09:25 AM 11-23-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
DCG during meal time discussion asks my DH how old he is.

DH replies "How old do you think I am?"
DCG "24 or 25 yrs old"
DH "I am almost twice that. I am 46"
DCG "You can't be. Your face isn't old"

My one SA dcb told me he thought I was 16.
I told him he was my favorite
Sunshine74 10:47 AM 11-23-2015
Dcg2's gramma works at our daycare, in our preschool room. Today she was walking by our lunch table and set a (clean) wet washcloth on dcg's head for a second and the gave her a hug. When she walked back into her classroom, dcg sighed and shook her head and said, "Oh, Nana, Nana, Nana."

Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Delivery person
knocked on my door while the DC kids were eating breakfast. They can't see the front door from the kitchen thus couldn't see who was at the door. DCB was so convinced it was "Santa on Miss Baby Beluga's roof!"
We had work done on our roof this summer, and the supervisor just happened to have a grey beard. So yeah, we've had Santa here for months now.
Annalee 10:57 AM 11-23-2015
When we were outside once, the neighbor house had the exterminator there and he had dark hair and was very large and tall with a long dark beard and my daycare kids started telling each other "mighty Joe Young" was at the neighbor's house.
Play Care 03:13 AM 11-24-2015
My very adorable toddler dcb was supposed to be napping, but when I walked by his PNP he was sitting up. Upon seeing me he gave me a huge, beautiful and said "HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

He's had a language explosion this last week and is very, very busy

(I probably think it's cute because he did fall asleep shortly thereafter and stayed asleep for 2 1/2 hours )
DaveA 05:58 AM 11-24-2015
DCB7 let me know this morning he knows Santa isn't real but isn't going to tell his Mom because "I'm sure I'll get better presents if she thinks I still believe in Santa".
Devious little rodent
Sunshine74 11:14 AM 11-25-2015
I set the napkins on the table for snack yesterday and told everyone to get one (they are usually really good with it) then I turned to put the veggie dip in cups. All of the sudden I hear dcg, "You get a napkin, and you get a napkin, and you get a napkin!" I felt like we had a mini Oprah at our table.
Febby 02:22 PM 11-25-2015
I was randomly covering a bathroom break in a two year old room when a family scheduled to start next week came through for a final tour. Mom proudly told us that her daughter knows all her letters. To demonstrate, mom pointed to a letter A on the wall and asked her daughter what letter it was. Her daughter looked at it and exclaimed, "TRIANGLE!"
Play Care 09:13 AM 12-02-2015
Originally Posted by Febby:
I was randomly covering a bathroom break in a two year old room when a family scheduled to start next week came through for a final tour. Mom proudly told us that her daughter knows all her letters. To demonstrate, mom pointed to a letter A on the wall and asked her daughter what letter it was. Her daughter looked at it and exclaimed, "TRIANGLE!"

Play Care 09:15 AM 12-02-2015
Kind of naughty but my 5 yo DCB came home from school yesterday and announced "I was farting all day at school"

Normally I'm not one for potty humor but the way he said it (as if he couldn't understand why it was happening) was funny.
BumbleBee 07:20 PM 12-10-2015
Me: Dcg do you need to go poop?

Dcg: No, I just tooting gas from my butt.

She's 2.5!
DaveA 11:24 AM 12-14-2015
Over the weekend replaced the kid's couch in the reading corner with a beanbag chair, set up the little tykes cube slide in the classroom, and rotated out 1/3 of the toys to new ones. And DCKs have spent the whole morning playing with 2 diaper boxes and the weekend's newspapers.
Controlled Chaos 08:38 PM 12-14-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Over the weekend replaced the kid's couch in the reading corner with a beanbag chair, set up the little tykes cube slide in the classroom, and rotated out 1/3 of the toys to new ones. And DCKs have spent the whole morning playing with 2 diaper boxes and the weekend's newspapers.

Hahahaha all my new toys from my grant money and what I hear 2 days later "where are all the paper towel roll?! I need more paper towel rolls!" Best toys ever are paper towel rolls
Play Care 03:13 AM 12-16-2015
On Friday night we put up our Christmas tree.

On Monday I was sick and closed day care. I spent the day moving from bed to couch and back to bed.

Yesterday even though I was still not well I was better enough to open.

As soon as my 6 yo DCB came in he asked if I was feeling better. Then he walked into the family room and saw the tree and said "I know! You were closed yesterday so you could decorate your tree!!"
Controlled Chaos 09:42 AM 12-16-2015
3yo dcg Just ate the carrot right off my snow mans nose it's only been out here for 3 days.... Bleh
BumbleBee 06:51 PM 12-21-2015
2.5 yo dcg was introduced to elf on the shelf earlier this month. The first day he was in the fridge, drinking out of her water bottle. She opened the fridge to get her water bottle and there he was. She came to daycare that day and promptly told me:

"There's a CLOWN in the fridge! He stealin my water!"

I couldn't stop laughing.
Annalee 05:02 AM 12-22-2015
Had some oxygen tanks (very large ones) delivered for my special needs nephew and a parent come in as I was signing for them. Told the parent I was in need of those tanks every day at nap.. He actually laughed!
BumbleBee 03:22 PM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
2.5 yo dcg was introduced to elf on the shelf earlier this month. The first day he was in the fridge, drinking out of her water bottle. She opened the fridge to get her water bottle and there he was. She came to daycare that day and promptly told me:

"There's a CLOWN in the fridge! He stealin my water!"

I couldn't stop laughing.
Today the 'clown' was opening dcg's Christmas gifts that were already under the tree. She told me he needed a spankin.
Controlled Chaos 11:57 AM 12-23-2015
A few days ago a dcm gave me a holiday cellaphane bag with 2 large rectangles in it. She said "the mint one is for you and the regular one is for the kids" I thought, like hell I am sharing delicious fudge with my kids lol I am obsessed with fudge.

Well, the next day I had to take my DD (2yo) to the doctor with croup. I had my ds (4th birthday that day) and dd (5y) with me. I grabbed the bag and promised the kids an awesome treat in the waiting room if they were super good. Well, they were super good and I nearly fed them soap Oops! Poor kids luckily laughed and I bought them a goodie after the appointment but seriously...don't tease me with fudge people, you hand me a small square of anything and I'm going to assume it chocolate. I'm an optimist like that
Rockgirl 01:52 PM 01-05-2016
3 yo dcg: "Dcb was playing with that toy, and dcg has it."

Me: "Dcb left it to play with another toy. You worry about you--not the others."

Dcg: "I don't know how!"
mommiebookworm 07:26 AM 01-12-2016
We were at Story time at the library. It's packed for some reason, there are at least double the normal amount of kids and adults there. Dcg4 screams out "My cat keeps pooping in my room!" Everyone laughs! A few Moms can't stop laughing! The funniest part is if Mom had known she said that, she would be absolutely mortified!
Annalee 05:43 AM 01-20-2016
We had some ice fall overnight and several of my kids with school siblings stayed home. Anyway, the parent that ALWAYS comes knew she would be the ONLY one here (because she ALWAYS is on snow days) text me and said " I have checked with the state patrol and just letting you know it is OK to be on the roads...see you soon! " I find it funny because I never close on snow days unless we lose power and this non-working mom is on the defense without me saying a word.
daycarediva 03:10 PM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by Annalee:
We had some ice fall overnight and several of my kids with school siblings stayed home. Anyway, the parent that ALWAYS comes knew she would be the ONLY one here (because she ALWAYS is on snow days) text me and said " I have checked with the state patrol and just letting you know it is OK to be on the roads...see you soon! " I find it funny because I never close on snow days unless we lose power and this non-working mom is on the defense without me saying a word.
She's just justifying it to herself- through you.
Blackcat31 11:58 AM 01-22-2016
3 yr old DCB (3 in Oct) has no issues going pee in the potty but still wears a Pull-up because he doesn't poop in the toilet yet.

This morning he had been sitting on the potty going pee and was in the middle of pulling his pants up when I entered the bathroom to get a diaper for someone else..... I noticed DCB had pooped in the toilet.

I paused and said excitably "Hey J! You pooped in the potty!!!"

DCB says "You're welcome." and promptly walks out of the bathroom.
Sunshine74 08:01 PM 01-22-2016
Dcb and I were looking out the window, waiting for his mom, and we heard the train (there are tracks several blocks away from the center, we can hear it, but not see it). This conversation happened:

E: The train, the train!
Me: I hear the train too!
E: The train is on fire.
Me: It's on fire?!
E: It's in the water.
Me: The train is in the water?
E: Shhh! The baby's sleeping.

Oh, the minds of toddlers.
Play Care 08:49 AM 01-26-2016
I wiped my hands on my pants and came up with a booger.
It wasn't mine.

And I washed my hands and started making my lunch with out missing a beat.

#daycareproviderstrong #whyidontwearniceclothes

Annalee 10:21 AM 01-28-2016
I had a parent arrive at 8:45 today, my cut-off is 8 PM. The door was locked....DCD came to the door, tried to open it, and then took his children back to the car and left
Annalee 10:29 AM 01-28-2016
I had a parent arrive at 8:45 today, my cut-off is 8 PM. The door was locked....DCD came to the door, tried to open it, and then took his children back to the car and left
should read 8:00 AM.
Blackcat31 10:34 AM 01-28-2016
should read 8:00 AM.
lol! I did stop and re-read and wonder for a minute...
DaveA 04:40 AM 02-09-2016
Rearranged and built shelves for my classroom. The shelves fill one doorway and let me use a shelf + a gate to block off another. It really gives me more floor space, will cut down on "running lanes", and makes the classroom self contained. I'm laughing because it also keeps MIL out of my way once I put the gates up in the morning. She's NOT happy that I've essentially blocked her off from the classroom.
Blackcat31 05:25 AM 02-09-2016
Rearranged and built shelves for my classroom. The shelves fill one doorway and let me use a shelf + a gate to block off another. It really gives me more floor space, will cut down on "running lanes", and makes the classroom self contained. I'm laughing because it also keeps MIL out of my way once I put the gates up in the morning. She's NOT happy that I've essentially blocked her off from the classroom.

sneaky.....

I like it!
Controlled Chaos 12:24 PM 02-09-2016
There is a nasty snot flowing, wet cough cold/flu thing going around. All kids have had it. Parents have been great about keeping them home when they have slightest fevers and the worst of the cough. Its made for a light few days.

Well today, one little boys nose has been flowing like a faucet. He's happy, no fever, just so much snot!

So, we made mardi gras masks and then took the extra feathers and put them in the parachute for some fun. After on big UP, I look over and little man looks tarred and feathered. His while face was covered with mulitcolored feathers stuck to his snot covered face He looked so confused, poor baby. And I couldn't stop laughing. Then, we spent a few minutes practicing wiping our own noses and his face has been much cleaner - no more tar and feathering the babies here!
DaveA 04:35 AM 02-12-2016
DD has to be Jane Goodall in a "museum" at school today. Pretty easy- grab a vest from dress up and round up all the stuffed monkeys from daycare and DD's extensive stuffed animal menagerie. The problem began when I accidentally mixed a stuffed sloth into the monkeys. To an autistic 10yo this was unacceptable. As we're unpacking the sloth, MIL keeps telling DD that she should still take it because it "looks like a monkey". Of course MIL won't listen while DD explains differences between them and keeps telling her to pack it. DD is starting to storm off mad when she stops, turns around and gives MIL a hug. Her response to MIL: "It's ok Nana. I still love you. I know you can't hear me because you're old!" Probably should have said something, but it's hard to talk when you're laughing too hard to breathe.
Cat Herder 08:12 AM 02-12-2016
DCSM: "Sorry we are late. S kept crying that he did not want to come here today. It was a rough morning."

DCK: "I did not. You are just mad because daddy said you have to go to work,too! My mommy says you hate working....."

Um... awkward. 4 year olds, am I right?
Annalee 09:07 AM 02-15-2016
I am closed today......BUT I watched a parent arrive at 7:45, go the door, knock, then leave I give out monthly newsletters, have a dry erase easel when you walk in with monthly info on it, hang the monthly newsletter by sign-in sheet, and send out reminder text! You can't fix stupid!
DaveA 02:12 PM 02-16-2016
I somehow think DCG7 misheard her homework today. Either that or her teacher actually gave out an assignment to make a poster about ending "violins".
Controlled Chaos 02:39 PM 02-16-2016
I somehow think DCG7 misheard her homework today. Either that or her teacher actually gave out an assignment to make a poster about ending "violins".
Have you seen that SNL bit?! its amazing.

To DCGs credit, I once completed a whole test on the difference between "planets" and animals, rather than plants and animals... I thought it was the easiest test ever, 'cause animals don't orbit around the sun, or have moon... and I was a straight A student
Josiegirl 02:46 PM 02-16-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:

To DCGs credit, I once completed a whole test on the difference between "planets" and animals, rather than plants and animals... I thought it was the easiest test ever, 'cause animals don't orbit around the sun, or have moon... and I was a straight A student
OMG Between DaveAmour's dcg and this, I haven't laughed this hard all day.
Cat Herder 03:11 PM 02-16-2016
These....
Attached: hil.jpg (38.6 KB) presidential race 2016.jpg (59.4 KB) infantilizing.jpg (59.2 KB) 
Unregistered 02:18 PM 02-18-2016
Today at breakfast we were discussing full names, first, middle and last. When I said dcg 3 yrs full name, she said, "that's my getting in trouble name."
ChelseaB 02:25 PM 02-18-2016
Today, the children had an extensive argument over who tooted....

DCG: I farted!
DSD: No, I farted!
**repeat approx 10 times**
Me: Are you guys seriously arguing over something this silly?
DSD: (serious face as can be) Yup.

.........Neither of them had. DCB had and simply watched the enter encounter.
Play Care 06:43 AM 02-19-2016
The school kids are off this week for winter break.

22 month DCB keeps going up to my daughters and yelling "BUS!"
Baby Beluga 01:11 PM 02-19-2016
My kids must be going though Christmas withdrawals. This week they have sung nothing but jingle bells and have been pretending to be Santa all week
mamamanda 06:13 AM 02-22-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
My kids must be going though Christmas withdrawals. This week they have sung nothing but jingle bells and have been pretending to be Santa all week
Some weeks on Mondays I only have one dcg so I take her grocery shopping with my own children and we make a fun field trip of it. A couple weeks ago we were walking down the aisles and all three kids were sitting very nicely in the cart singing "Jingle Bells" very loudly time and again. As we passed a stock person she chuckled and I just smiled and said, "I'm sorry. They don't know what season it is." She just smiled and said, "At least they're happy!"
BumbleBee 04:58 PM 02-22-2016
Took the kids to the library on Friday. The library is housed in the municipal building. I had to use the bathroom and took the kids with me since unsupervised 2 year olds is not a good thing. Coming out of the bathroom the oldest 2 year old informed everybody she saw (the Village and Township employees) that I pooped on the potty and kept my undies dry and I wiped my own butt and I get a treat when we get home and she's SOOOO proud of me.

BumbleBee 05:04 PM 02-22-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:

A few years ago there was a fugitive in the area evading police so we were all on lockdown. Dcm came to pick dcg, 9 or 10 at the time, and dcm commented that earlier in the day the police had been tracking this guy by her work and the fugitive stole an ATV.

The next day dcg commented that she's never going to steal a television because she doesn't want the cops looking for her. Took me a few minutes but then I realized she thought ATV meant 'a TV'

I attempted to keep a straight face.
Pepperth 12:51 PM 02-26-2016
I asked a 3.5 year old what we do if there is a tornado. His answer? "Scream and run for your life"!
lovemydaycare0912 09:42 AM 02-29-2016
I was sick all weekend but am finally feeling better today. I farted this morning and my dcb 2.5yrs says auntie why you go poopy. And that cracked me up lol
Unregistered 06:09 AM 03-01-2016
I saw someone advertise on Facebook for a babysitter for their two year old for no more than $10 a day. Needless to say, radio silence so far. Nice try, lady.
Sunshine74 07:50 PM 03-01-2016
It's been a particularly rough week already. Well, toward the end of the day today, I was cleaning a dry erase board and the marker just wouldn't come all the way off. I turned to my sister (my co-teacher) and said, "Do we have any alcohol in here?" Of course, I meant rubbing alcohol, but I'm glad no one overheard that one without knowing what was going on.
DaveA 05:48 AM 03-08-2016
Shuffle setting on my ipod is dangerous. First DCK after school agers get on the bus is supposed to be later than normal so I have it cranked while setting up. Of course DCK shows up normal time- while "Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera is playing. As DCM is talking it goes to the next song- "Hey Good Lookin'" by Hank Williams Sr. DCM just stops, shakes her head, and tells me I'm "not right". Going to be one of those days.
Controlled Chaos 12:32 PM 03-08-2016
Shuffle setting on my ipod is dangerous. First DCK after school agers get on the bus is supposed to be later than normal so I have it cranked while setting up. Of course DCK shows up normal time- while "Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera is playing. As DCM is talking it goes to the next song- "Hey Good Lookin'" by Hank Williams Sr. DCM just stops, shakes her head, and tells me I'm "not right". Going to be one of those days.

I have the habit of searching for a song on Spotify like "lollipop" so the kids can listen to that old cute song. I hit play then walk away and so the computer plays 3 versions of the adorable oldie "lollipop" and then goes into something ridiculously inappropriate. Luckily no kids noticed, but I told the parents of my talkers just in case they decided started singing at home. Lollipop had never been innuendo in my mind...but man that song was dirty Lucky I have great parents who just laughed and shook their heads.
DaveA 11:47 AM 03-18-2016
Getting DCKs on the bus this morning. As the bus pulls up DCB turns around, gives me a hug, and goes "I'm glad you didn't die Mr. Dave!" The other school ager was HORRIFIED he would say something like that, but that statement was so this kid all I could do was laugh. I just said "Me to buddy- see you this afternoon."
Josiegirl 03:36 PM 03-20-2016
Getting DCKs on the bus this morning. As the bus pulls up DCB turns around, gives me a hug, and goes "I'm glad you didn't die Mr. Dave!" The other school ager was HORRIFIED he would say something like that, but that statement was so this kid all I could do was laugh. I just said "Me to buddy- see you this afternoon."
I love that! Straight and from the heart. Too bad that same kid will one day learn to be politically correct, watch what he's always saying so he doesn't step on anyone's toes.
BTW how ARE you??
Luna 05:34 PM 03-22-2016
I couldn't tell who exactly was stinky so I just told everyone to follow me to the diaper changing area so I could change everyone. When we got there I turned around and said "oh I see everyone brought their dolls!"

Dcb: "and our bums!"
Rockgirl 11:45 AM 03-24-2016
My 3 & 4 year olds were at the table eating, and the discussion turned to them getting older and going off to "big school". Dcg said, "Ms D, are you gonna use other kids when we get older?"
Annalee 08:17 AM 03-29-2016
Had a mom drop off at 6:30 to be at work at 7 tell me that she would be back at 7:30 to pick up child to take for shots at 8 but would be "right back"? I said she could not return for the day after shots. She did come back at 7:30 and said if you want let her come back after dr appt and make me miss work all day I guess I will just see you in the morning. These parents????
Blackcat31 09:37 AM 03-29-2016
Had a mom drop off at 6:30 to be at work at 7 tell me that she would be back at 7:30 to pick up child to take for shots at 8 but would be "right back"? I said she could not return for the day after shots. She did come back at 7:30 and said if you want let her come back after dr appt and make me miss work all day I guess I will just see you in the morning. These parents????
They wouldn't be seeing me until Thursday at the earliest.

I exclude for 48 hours after shots.
Annalee 10:00 AM 03-29-2016

That would have really messed her up
lovemydaycare0912 11:06 AM 04-02-2016

I don't have that rule and am afraid I'll understand why one day.
valleygirl 11:39 AM 04-02-2016
I was doing a rhyme with the kids while waiting for others to finish going to the bathroom before going out to play. It goes like this: "A duck, a duck, a little duck with a wing..." It goes through wings, feet, bum, head and beak. Well, I'm skipping the bum part now because last time an angelic looking little girl with strawberry-blonde curls framing her face went on to say, "A little duck with a penis!"
DaveA 04:32 AM 04-12-2016
This would be a vent if it wasn't so darn funny. My wife cannot figure out baby gates. I go to put up the gate in the hallway (which she opened yesterday evening) this morning and it's off track and the latch is popped. I don't get it- she has broken at least 4 in the last couple years, and I can't count the number of times I've had to fix the ones we have. She works inside the human body all day and THIS is too complex??????? Just leaves me shaking my head sometimes.
lovemydaycare0912 07:18 AM 04-12-2016
The family I termed thought they were doing me an injustice by not returning for their last 2 weeks. Too bad I filled the spot already and have been doing just marvelous without them. Joke was on them.
Controlled Chaos 03:42 PM 04-15-2016
I jokingly called dd(2) a grumpy butt and now she won't stop calling me "grumpy 'gina"
Blackcat31 07:18 AM 04-19-2016
I actually just read this statement by a provider:

"I run a listed home daycare and was looking into getting licensed or certified but it seems like so much to remember.
There are so many rules and regulations I'm not sure how I can do it... I thought being great with kids and having a nice house was enough"

The bolded part ^^^ literally made me laugh out loud.
Mike 08:12 AM 04-19-2016
I actually just read this statement by a provider:

"I run a listed home daycare and was looking into getting licensed or certified but it seems like so much to remember.
There are so many rules and regulations I'm not sure how I can do it... I thought being great with kids and having a nice house was enough"

The bolded part ^^^ literally made me laugh out loud.
That person has zero business experience.
Blackcat31 09:33 AM 04-19-2016
Well atleast they know exactly the type of employee they don't want...
Attached: 13062294_1315527141794385_2597508204168128989_n_zpscscipi6l.jpg (50.8 KB) 
Mike 10:29 AM 04-19-2016

In my renovations business, I had to advertise for helpers a couple times and that reminded me of one of the applicants.
BumbleBee 06:02 PM 04-26-2016
Dcb2 "You have boobies. Mommy has boobies. Mommy no have milk in her boobies anymore. You have milk in your boobies?"

Dcb2 (different kid than above) Lifts one side of his butt cheek up off his booster seat at the table. Grunts. "Uggghhh" Puts butt cheek back down. Lifts it up again, looooooooong passing of gas. "Phew, that's better!"

Dcg3 (birthday was yesterday) "I want to poop in the grass like a doggy does!"
Unregistered 08:22 AM 04-27-2016
It's quiet time here so I was desperately digging through my fridge looking for some lunch for myself. I saw the new wine I just bought and decided that looked like the absolute perfect lunch.

I got it completely uncorked before I remembered that I'm working right now 😂 I guess I'll keep looking for some food
Sunshine74 10:33 AM 04-28-2016
We had cornbread muffins with lunch today, they are a newer menu item. We always identify each component of the meal with the toddlers, and when we got to those-

J (my co-teacher): And do you remember what these are?
Dcg: Those are cornbread. I know about every kind of bread.
Missjaime 05:53 PM 05-05-2016
One of my little DCGs loves wearing those fluffy skirts - she usually wears 2 or 3 of them a day. However, she can't say "skirt" and calls them "scarves". Today, she was wearing 3 "scarves"- my husband does not understand the translation and starts helping her look for her scarves. "I don't know where your scarves are, did you wear them today? You have 3 of them? Looks like you have 3 skirts too!"
She's cute
yodaone 07:35 PM 05-12-2016
While laying down for nap I overhear one of my 3 year olds say, "this is taking forever, I'm getting so untried."
Love 3 year old logic!
daycarediva 09:38 AM 05-13-2016
I literally have to leave the second kids leave today. I am wearing a maxi skirt and sandals. At circle time dcg says "I like your dress today!" and other dcg says "I like your boobies!" (it shows a teeny bit of cleavage, where i usually wear tshirts or button up blouses, etc)

It took everything in me not to bust out laughing. I just said thanks. LOL!
DaveA 06:51 AM 05-20-2016
When I closed in March for my Birthday DCM forgot and almost let DCB get on the bus to my house. I was closed yesterday for my Anniversary and DCD shows up to pick up DCB after school. At least DCF is consistent. I wanted to be a smart a@@ and tell him "Thank goodness you didn't come by when it was just me and DW in the house!", but I decided to behave.
Annalee 08:29 AM 06-14-2016
Dcb5 just come out of bathroom and said "that's not cool, I just tried to pee but nothing would come out cause my thing was all stopped up".
Josiegirl 04:47 PM 07-07-2016
I guess my 2 SA dcgs are getting bored. Yesterday they made unicorn horns and taped them on their forehead. Then they added ribbons as a tail and a mane. They wore them the rest of the day and even into the bank after they left. Pretty silly kids.
sahm1225 06:19 PM 07-07-2016
My dcb2 takes a deep breath and tells my ds8, my mom
Has boobies!!! My ds8 laughed so hard!!!
Play Care 05:12 AM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
My dcb2 takes a deep breath and tells my ds8, my mom
Has boobies!!! My ds8 laughed so hard!!!
My 2 yo DCB calls boo-boos "boobies" He has quite a few "boobies" from running around outside this summer.
He's constantly pointing them out. My kids think it's hilarious as well.
Leigh 01:00 PM 07-19-2016
I don't know if this belongs in the funny thread, the venting thread or the WTF thread (we need one of those!).

DCM of occasional drop in asks if I can watch kid overnight Wednesday-pick up Thursday afternoon. I tell her I'll get back to her. Next message: I'll just drop her off today to make it easier.

Basically, I will pay you for one overnight, but to make it easy for YOU, I'll drop off 2 days early.

O.M.G. This is one I haven't heard before. I'd rather pay $200 than $600, too, but that just isn't how it works.
Blackcat31 01:30 PM 07-19-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I don't know if this belongs in the funny thread, the venting thread or the WTF thread (we need one of those!).

DCM of occasional drop in asks if I can watch kid overnight Wednesday-pick up Thursday afternoon. I tell her I'll get back to her. Next message: I'll just drop her off today to make it easier.

Basically, I will pay you for one overnight, but to make it easy for YOU, I'll drop off 2 days early.

O.M.G. This is one I haven't heard before. I'd rather pay $200 than $600, too, but that just isn't how it works.
Ummmm, ookaaaay

That IS logic I do not understand at all

Oh and yeah.... might need a WTF thread pretty soon. I've read/heard/seen some really head scratching stuff lately.
Leigh 02:12 PM 07-19-2016
Ummmm, ookaaaay

That IS logic I do not understand at all

Oh and yeah.... might need a WTF thread pretty soon. I've read/heard/seen some really head scratching stuff lately.
Yeah-this happened yesterday, and I still wonder if she needs some medication or something () since she thought that was a good idea! Same mom who told me I should charge less for overnight, rather than more, because all her kid does is sleep (her kid goes to sleep between midnight and 1, and screams until she passes out-doesn't have to be in bed, just screams from the moment she's dropped off until she gives up and sleeps). The kid is a dream in the daytime, but overnights-not so much.

I suppose Mom thought it would be easier than sending her to TWO places, but it sure didn't sound easy for ME!
valleygirl 07:23 PM 07-25-2016
We played with purple flubber today, and 3 year old Tatijana draped it over her hand and started chanting, "Spooky fingers, spooky fingers!" Last week while playing with purple flubber we sang "Making A Purple Stew," so today I started singing "I'm making a spooky stew!" She thought it was so funny that she started singing it too, except that she was laughing so hard that she could hardly sing. Seeing her collapse into giggles made me laugh so hard that I couldn't sing either.
DaveA 06:33 AM 08-01-2016
It's going to be one of those days. Before DCKs got here I threw a pork shoulder into the crock pot. It gets cooked with a mixture of brown sugar, soy sauce, siracha, and bourbon that I put together in a cup. DCD opens the door right as I'm pouring bourbon into a coffee cup. He laughed after I showed him what I was doing, but I'm going to hear about this one for a LONG time.
Blackcat31 07:30 AM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by DaveA:
It's going to be one of those days. Before DCKs got here I threw a pork shoulder into the crock pot. It gets cooked with a mixture of brown sugar, soy sauce, siracha, and bourbon that I put together in a cup. DCD opens the door right as I'm pouring bourbon into a coffee cup. He laughed after I showed him what I was doing, but I'm going to hear about this one for a LONG time.

JackandJill 09:22 AM 08-01-2016

Josiegirl 10:06 AM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by JackandJill:
Dcd probably understands...it being Monday morning and all. Lol
Controlled Chaos 12:04 PM 08-01-2016
lol I did a similar thing making lamb stew once in the morning. DCM walked in as I popped the cork off a bottle of red wine. Cheers!
Pestle 08:57 AM 08-08-2016
"You are EATING the Play-Doh."
"Nooooo."
"Your mouth is GREEN."
"No, it itn't."
"You are EATING the Play-Doh with a SPOON."
"It a pitnic!"
DaveA 10:50 AM 09-15-2016
Had to go get DS from school for an Ortho appointment. All visitors have to sign in at the main office in the Elementary school. It was between periods. While we were waiting for DS in front of the office I had to give 2 hugs to former DCKs, high five a current S/A DCK, let one DCK give a hug to a cousin, and have a child tell me his folks (local scout troop leaders) want to ask me to help the older troop make pocketknife kits and are going to call me. The new office person was sitting there just staring like The high school office help just looked at her and said "That's ....'s Dad. He watches a ton of kids."
Rockgirl 11:00 AM 09-15-2016
Had to go get DS from school for an Ortho appointment. All visitors have to sign in at the main office in the Elementary school. It was between periods. While we were waiting for DS in front of the office I had to give 2 hugs to former DCKs, high five a current S/A DCK, let one DCK give a hug to a cousin, and have a child tell me his folks (local scout troop leaders) want to ask me to help the older troop make pocketknife kits and are going to call me. The new office person was sitting there just staring like The high school office help just looked at her and said "That's ....'s Dad. He watches a ton of kids."
That's great! It says a lot about what the kids think of you.
Mike 11:43 AM 09-15-2016

I'm hoping that I can get a reputation like that after a couple years. Nice to be known in a positive way for what you do.
daycarediva 04:32 PM 09-15-2016
Dave that's awesome!

I volunteer a lot in my kids sports. Now my dck's (or siblings of dck's enrolled) are all older. It's hilarious to see so many kids stop and chat with me.

My first ever dck here is a senior in HS and is the captain of the varsity football team. He helps coach my own two boys, and then my little dcb's (past and present) are on the flag teams. It's WAY cool to see them all get to know each other. They all run up and talk to me/dh/kids, too. I LOVE it.
MyAngels 08:49 AM 09-16-2016
A few weeks ago the dcp of one my kids going off to kindy dropped off a bag of clothes "for you to keep, in case anyone doesn't have a change of clothes." Great, I can always use donations. I opened the bag today to add it to my stash - it was all clothes that I had sent her kid home in over the years that never came back
Tags:cute, funny, happy, inspirational topic, positive, sweet
First ... 6 7 8 9 10  ... Last
Reply Up