Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Annalee 07:44 PM 06-14-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Good grief! I can not get over the things parents try to slip by us! This is where you should really do the 24/48 thing...it would have bitten mom in the butt big time and perhaps inspired her to be THE PARENT and make the right call.

Here's hoping the child wasn't with you long enough to give whatever they have to you.
Just got a text from the mom that doctor said was DEFINITELY a virus and it got really bad last night but a little better today! I guess us daycare folks do know a thing or two
AmyKidsCo 07:51 PM 06-14-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Almost 3 year old is "potty training", but can not get his own pants off, pull up off, or get onto the toilet himself. Nope, not potty training, DCM.
HATE that! I won't start here until the family has been working on it for at least a week at home.
Miss A 06:06 AM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
HATE that! I won't start here until the family has been working on it for at least a week at home.
He has been "potty training" for a month now at home, using a training potty and no pants. Nope, that doesn't fly here!

He is an only child, and mom and dad do EVERYTHING for him! He can't even put his own slip on shoes on! He gets pretty crabby with me because I have him do for himself.
Second Home 10:06 AM 06-15-2017
I tell you last week your child needs to be accident free here for 2 weeks before we try underwear and since he had an accident that day the 2 weeks starts over .
Yesterday I let you know that you child had 2 accidents .

Why oh why did you bring him in big boy underwear today . Especially when he refused to pee this morning and you know he is about to explode .

Yes , he is now in a pull up .
Blackcat31 12:32 PM 06-16-2017
just needed to get this out and vent "outloud"

I am saddened, shocked and embarrassed by humans sometimes.
The twitter comment below is in reference to the shooting yesterday of Rep Steve Scalise

....and this is an adult.
Attached: DCUEFzQWsAInuL6.jpg (94.9 KB) 
Annalee 12:43 PM 06-16-2017

The twitter comment below is in reference to the shooting yesterday of Rep Steve Scalise

Total agreement with you! Sickening post! on the twitter post!
Silly Songs 12:56 PM 06-16-2017
I cannot believe sdults would stoop to those levels. I hope he and the others have a speedy recovery. I was happy to hear the have the trophy to him 😍
DaveA 01:21 PM 06-16-2017

I'm not surprised. Social media bring out the worst / stupidest in some people. I have a former DCP that has mutual friends, so I see some of their posts. I never comment on them but quite often it is soemwhere between ,, & Her comment I saw on the shooting make that one look look downright peaceful
daycarediva 08:16 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
I'm not surprised. Social media bring out the worst / stupidest in some people. I have a former DCP that has mutual friends, so I see some of their posts. I never comment on them but quite often it is soemwhere between ,, & Her comment I saw on the shooting make that one look look downright peaceful
SAME! I am facebook friends (for the dc) with my dc parents. OH MY GOD my one dcm. Its like an alter ego with her online persona, and it's NOT GOOD!
midaycare 08:34 AM 06-22-2017
Dcf brings 6 oz of bm for a 10 month old baby. I've posted about them before. Didn't feed baby beforehand. Milk gone by 10:30 am. Ughhhhh. Situation handled but this happens every drop off. I can't wait until this child turns 1 year and I can supplement milk.
bklsmum 04:55 AM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Dcf brings 6 oz of bm for a 10 month old baby. I've posted about them before. Didn't feed baby beforehand. Milk gone by 10:30 am. Ughhhhh. Situation handled but this happens every drop off. I can't wait until this child turns 1 year and I can supplement milk.
I wouldn't even accept that child into care with that little of breastmilk. I also require parents to leave formula, just in case and I allow them to leave back up breastmilk in my deep freezer.
daycarediva 04:59 AM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
I wouldn't even accept that child into care with that little of breastmilk. I also require parents to leave formula, just in case and I allow them to leave back up breastmilk in my deep freezer.
same!

I remember this child/family, what a nightmare! You have more patience than I do, midaycare
BumbleBee 11:34 AM 06-24-2017
lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!

Parent: I need daycare on *not regularly scheduled day*

Me: Unfortunately I do not have any open spots on that day, I have *other 2 days I have open spots this week that are not your regularly scheduled days* available.

Parent: Well sh*t. I really needed *original day asked for.* Why are you full? Don't you have a lot of part time kids??? This is really annoying!

Me: I'm full because I run a business and the day you're asking for is 2 days away. Have a good weekend, I will see you on *first scheduled day.*
BumbleBee 12:36 PM 06-24-2017
That would drive me up the wall.

My 2 month old dcb comes with a minimum of 16 oz for an 8 hr day. (4 oz every 3 hrs, generally 3 feedings but sometimes 2 depending on when he last nursed)
mommyneedsadayoff 12:42 PM 06-24-2017

It is sad that people allow politics to rule their morality. It is also sad when they use morality as way to push their politics. They will never understand that they are no different from those they seem to abhor.
BumbleBee 02:32 PM 06-25-2017
It never fails. Despite 5 reminders, since January, that I am CLOSED the week of the 4th, 3 families are positively freaking out about it because they 'didn't know.'

And this gem today:

dcm: Hi, I was wondering if it would be ok if I bring dcb at 7 tomorrow. I need to be into work early.

me: Sure, no problem. Just remember that care before 7 is charged at twice the hourly rate and is to be paid in cash at drop off.

dcm: Oh, well I'll be there at 7 then. Thanks.

Yeah dcm, my time isn't free. I work 11 hour days with kids. Anything extra is going to cost extra.
BumbleBee 05:09 PM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
It never fails. Despite 5 reminders, since January, that I am CLOSED the week of the 4th, 3 families are positively freaking out about it because they 'didn't know.'

And this gem today:

dcm: Hi, I was wondering if it would be ok if I bring dcb at 7 tomorrow. I need to be into work early.

me: Sure, no problem. Just remember that care before 7 is charged at twice the hourly rate and is to be paid in cash at drop off.

dcm: Oh, well I'll be there at 7 then. Thanks.

Yeah dcm, my time isn't free. I work 11 hour days with kids. Anything extra is going to cost extra.
correction, dcm first asked if she could drop off BEFORE 7am. I was angry typing earlier.
Josiegirl 04:11 AM 06-29-2017
Children who have never been introduced to group care before yet parents who hope it happens at 18 mo.
Jupadia 05:23 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Children who have never been introduced to group care before yet parents who hope it happens at 18 mo.
I get you here (Canada) most kids are not introduced to care before 12 months and now that they have made it so parents can take off up to 18 months for parental leave it's only going to make for harder transitions then before.
Unregistered 05:50 AM 06-30-2017
When people dont read your ad! It clearly says I only have an opening for an infant 10 months or older...so why are you emailing me asking if i can take your 3 month old? If I could, it would be in the ad! Ugh!

I have another seperate ad that states I have an opening for drop ins friday only...so why are you emailing asking if you can bring your child monday?! I dont understand people.
amberrose3dg 05:39 AM 07-03-2017
I'm getting tired of parents and their excuses with payments. I sent home a notice that my vacation next week has to be paid by Friday. I let families pay after vacation last time and it was a mess. Several tried to screw me out of the money. Anyways one parent says can I pay you when I get back from vacation. I have student loans due. I have bills too! Besides you go on vacation after me and that will mean I have to wait 2 extra weeks. Then Thursday she forgets my check when she is supposed to pay on Mondays cause she was out having fun with her other kid. She said ill bring it by tomorrow(Friday) No call or show Friday. She doesn't have my check today she won't be dropping off.
Pepperth 12:09 PM 07-06-2017
If I could change one thing about this business, it would be that I'd have the ability to bring my children to appointments. I hate being stuck at home. My husband has to do them all, which typically isn't a big deal. Today of course, he was swamped at work and forgot. I had to call and remind him when he didn't show up on time to get our son for his appointment. I chose daycare because I wanted to be home with the kids, but I just wish I could be a stay at home mom exclusively. For example, last week when my son's school held a vacation bible school or his soccer league held a summer camp, it would have been nice to make it to one or the other. But neither of us could manage a 9-12 dropoff/pickup all week.
Leigh 01:07 PM 07-06-2017
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
If I could change one thing about this business, it would be that I'd have the ability to bring my children to appointments. I hate being stuck at home. My husband has to do them all, which typically isn't a big deal. Today of course, he was swamped at work and forgot. I had to call and remind him when he didn't show up on time to get our son for his appointment. I chose daycare because I wanted to be home with the kids, but I just wish I could be a stay at home mom exclusively. For example, last week when my son's school held a vacation bible school or his soccer league held a summer camp, it would have been nice to make it to one or the other. But neither of us could manage a 9-12 dropoff/pickup all week.
I hear you! My son can't participate in ANY of our Parks and Recreation programs this summer because ALL of them are scheduled between 10am and 2pm. He's getting private swim lessons and private golf lessons because we can schedule them in the evenings. He wanted to play t-ball this year, but can't. Can't do any of the fun zoo programs, art programs, or sports programs. These are things I could have taken him to had I worked outside the home. And doctor appointments? Ugh. I have to see 2 doctors 100 miles away and he also has to see 2 doctors on the same campus. Think we can get them all scheduled on the same day? NOPE! I have to close for 2 days and spend the night there so that we can see our doctors. This is something I never worried about before, too.

I love my job most days, but these kinds of things make me long for a job where I could just say "I'll be leaving early on Tuesday and using vacation". I have to travel across the country to see a doctor this fall, and have no idea how long I will be there (1-2 weeks). If I have surgery while there (likely), it is a SIX WEEK minimum recovery (removal of both adrenal glands (tumors), thyroid (tumor), and tumors in both lungs) I have to pay a sub more than I even make to keep daycare open because I worry that all this time off will drive my clients away and I will have to start over building my business back up. How I WISH that I still had FML to cover me and short term disability that gave me 100% off my pay (including overtime!).
finsup 04:21 PM 07-06-2017
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
I so get that. My son got to do one VBS this year, only because it's 2 mins from my husband's work and he's old enough to spend the day "helping" him at work. We can't do any others due to times and the distance. He just can't take that much time same with camps etc. He's able to do rec sports but I hate the end of the day rush. It's crazy with the dck's trying to get them ready to go home, pray the parents aren't late so he's not late to anything, and trying to get him ready to go etc. But yeah, I get it. It's a huge part of my motivation to get some medical bills paid down and be done with daycare. But that's a ways away.
Pepperth 06:15 AM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by finsup:
I so get that. My son got to do one VBS this year, only because it's 2 mins from my husband's work and he's old enough to spend the day "helping" him at work. We can't do any others due to times and the distance. He just can't take that much time same with camps etc. He's able to do rec sports but I hate the end of the day rush. It's crazy with the dck's trying to get them ready to go home, pray the parents aren't late so he's not late to anything, and trying to get him ready to go etc. But yeah, I get it. It's a huge part of my motivation to get some medical bills paid down and be done with daycare. But that's a ways away.
We do rec soccer and it starts 15 minutes after my last pickup. It's stressful getting my kid all dressed/fed before his game. Usually I feed the last daycare kid an extra snack because otherwise he'll see my son eating. Thankfully, they pickup on time, but I'm naturally a bit compulsive about timeliness anyway, so it's hard.
Snowmom 10:32 AM 07-17-2017
I am just a big ball of stress today.

New house deal #1 fell through.
New house deal #2 submitted last night.
Heard back this morning and there are 3 other offers on the table and they want to know if we want to amend our offer before meeting with the sellers.

We had already submitted asking price. Now we're in a bidding war.

I hate this market.
daycarediva 11:45 AM 07-18-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I am just a big ball of stress today.

New house deal #1 fell through.
New house deal #2 submitted last night.
Heard back this morning and there are 3 other offers on the table and they want to know if we want to amend our offer before meeting with the sellers.

We had already submitted asking price. Now we're in a bidding war.

I hate this market.
RIGHT!? Sorry you're stressed about it. That's why we grabbed a foreclosure. We weren't afraid of the work needed to be put into the house. Houses can be on the market for less than a day here before they are sale pending. CRAZY! Our realtor has already emailed us asking to see the work we have done and if we wanted her to give us a listing price to resell it. It would be a great 'flip' house, but we love it, so no.
KiddieCahoots 03:48 PM 07-19-2017
When your 3.5yr pokes you in the breast with a toy drill pretending to shoot you in front of another parent. And the next day mom laughs while telling you that little So in So, admitted to "trying to kill you".
laundrymom 04:20 PM 07-19-2017
When you reach the sticker on the calendar and decide to have the talk and mom tells you after sending grandma to pickup they won't be here the rest of the week.
I hate breaking up over texts.
BumbleBee 06:35 PM 07-19-2017
3 days. 3 days dcm and I have been trying to find out WTF is going on with state child care payments.

We both received a notice last Friday, dated July 10th, saying the 2 foster kids were only authorized for state child care payments through January of 2017-yes, we both double checked the date. It says 2017, not 2018. Are you kidding me??????

think we can get ahold of anybody? Nope. Think we can get a call back? Nope. Just sit a wait, and wait, and wait.

I am so DONE with the state right now. Then the great start to quality lady calls me today to try to get me to sign up for the star program so I can receive more for state paid kids. HA! She got an earful. Don't think she'll be calling me again.
LysesKids 08:13 PM 07-19-2017
3 days. 3 days dcm and I have been trying to find out WTF is going on with state child care payments.

We both received a notice last Friday, dated July 10th, saying the 2 foster kids were only authorized for state child care payments through January of 2017-yes, we both double checked the date. It says 2017, not 2018. Are you kidding me??????

think we can get ahold of anybody? Nope. Think we can get a call back? Nope. Just sit a wait, and wait, and wait.

I am so DONE with the state right now. Then the great start to quality lady calls me today to try to get me to sign up for the star program so I can receive more for state paid kids. HA! She got an earful. Don't think she'll be calling me again.
Yeah, I quit taking State Pay when I worked in IL & the budget crashed in 2008; providers weren't paid for many months & many went under... thankfully I survived because I went private only, but I also moved states by 2010. After being screwed over in 2 states within 5 years I decided it's not worth it. ( the other mess up was Indiana in 2003-2005)
Blackcat31 12:20 PM 07-20-2017
First Chris Cornell and now Chester Bennington
amberrose3dg 05:09 AM 07-21-2017
Yes! So very sad. He had 6 kids too
Second Home 06:27 AM 07-21-2017
Very sad . I love of their music .
sharlan 08:13 AM 07-21-2017
His wife's tweets we're so unnecessary.
Blackcat31 08:46 AM 07-21-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
His wife's tweets we're so unnecessary.
I heard her account was hacked...
Otherwise, I hadn't read anything posted/said in them and haven't looked since but from what I've seen on the media so far today it was supposedly trolls. I have no idea though as I don't tweet or do any of that stuff.
daycarediva 05:22 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
When you reach the sticker on the calendar and decide to have the talk and mom tells you after sending grandma to pickup they won't be here the rest of the week.
I hate breaking up over texts.
I read that she was hacked, too. What an awful thing to do to a grieving wife.

Wasn't it Chris Cornells birthday, too?
Lil_Diddle 04:25 PM 07-27-2017
Frustrated, do people not read anymore or do they really just want to see how far they can push me. 8 years of running this business, I have grown a backbone.
DCM of SA child I have for the summer, I left her a note letting her know she has used all of her child's excused absences for the summer. "Oh I didn't know I had excused absences" grrr...I have the contract stating that with her signature. No you cannot just pick and choose the days you want to bring your child and not pay me.

DCM of new child that started this week is a teacher, it was discussed at the interview that if she takes the summer if she gets no excused absences during the school year but does not have to pay for summer. Day one "if I bring her a couple of weeks in summer can I get excused absences, I'm a single mom. I'm not sure how I'll afford if she gets sick" seriously she's a teacher, she's a salaried employee. 2nd question she brought up, do I have to give her daughter a nap. She asks this after seeing my policy on naps where they are required to lay quietly for an hour and if they sleep I will not wake them. She was not super excited when she agreed to it but signed the contract regardless. After the first day of care she comes whining about how her daughter would not go to bed at night and hinting that I should not make her daughter nap. Sorry but not sorry, she was well aware of this to begin.

I would love what I do even more if I didn't have to deal with some parents.
Unregistered 05:14 AM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Lil_Diddle:
Frustrated, do people not read anymore or do they really just want to see how far they can push me. 8 years of running this business, I have grown a backbone.
DCM of SA child I have for the summer, I left her a note letting her know she has used all of her child's excused absences for the summer. "Oh I didn't know I had excused absences" grrr...I have the contract stating that with her signature. No you cannot just pick and choose the days you want to bring your child and not pay me.

DCM of new child that started this week is a teacher, it was discussed at the interview that if she takes the summer if she gets no excused absences during the school year but does not have to pay for summer. Day one "if I bring her a couple of weeks in summer can I get excused absences, I'm a single mom. I'm not sure how I'll afford if she gets sick" seriously she's a teacher, she's a salaried employee. 2nd question she brought up, do I have to give her daughter a nap. She asks this after seeing my policy on naps where they are required to lay quietly for an hour and if they sleep I will not wake them. She was not super excited when she agreed to it but signed the contract regardless. After the first day of care she comes whining about how her daughter would not go to bed at night and hinting that I should not make her daughter nap. Sorry but not sorry, she was well aware of this to begin.

Same with me, bovody reads the contract! I have in my policy that payment is due mobday regardless if your child comes and there will be a $10 late fee each day it is not here. I had a parent tell me sunday that their child would not be coming because they were still out of town. Then on monday evening she texts me saying her child wont be coming tuesday because her child is sick. Both times she did not pay. Then on wednesday morning she texts saying her child is still sick so he wont be coming but she felt bad she hadnt paid me yet and wanted to know if she should drop it off or wait til thursday. Thats when i reminded her of the policy and she said she thought as long as she told me ahead of time that it would be ok....um why should i not get paid just because you told me ahead of time? I still want my money. Telling me ahead of time does not change the day my bills are due! These people would never pay their eletric or house payment late, why do they think daycare is ok?
Miss A 12:59 PM 08-01-2017
This week is our vacation. I worked yesterday and today, was supposed to have Wednesday through Friday off + weekend. We are leaving tomorrow after DH gets off work, so I scheduled DS's well baby checkup and have to finish packing and prep so we can leave as soon as he is home and showered. He calls from work today and tells me he volunteerd me to watch his friend/cousin's kid since I have the day off, it shouldn't be to hard to pack with an extra kid. Are you (imagine bad word here) kidding me, DH! Then he stupidly asks if I'm gonna be mad at him. Figure it out yourself, genius! He totally forgot I told him DS has a DR appointment, but didn't want his friend burning up vacation time to take care of their own kid. It's ok honey, I love unknowingly giving up my own vacation time for your friends. FML
Blackcat31 01:11 PM 08-01-2017
This week is our vacation. I worked yesterday and today, was supposed to have Wednesday through Friday off + weekend. We are leaving tomorrow after DH gets off work, so I scheduled DS's well baby checkup and have to finish packing and prep so we can leave as soon as he is home and showered. He calls from work today and tells me he volunteerd me to watch his friend/cousin's kid since I have the day off, it shouldn't be to hard to pack with an extra kid. Are you (imagine bad word here) kidding me, DH! Then he stupidly asks if I'm gonna be mad at him. Figure it out yourself, genius! He totally forgot I told him DS has a DR appointment, but didn't want his friend burning up vacation time to take care of their own kid. It's ok honey, I love unknowingly giving up my own vacation time for your friends. FML

Cat Herder 06:01 AM 08-03-2017
"See Saw, Margery Daw, Johnny shall have a new master. He shall earn but a penny a day Because he can't work any faster."

On my new preschool CD this morning. Great. Because that is a song I want them belting out on the playground. I should send them a bill for my time and effort.
Baby Beluga 09:54 AM 08-04-2017
DCK, a new 2 yr old. He is in karate but has no clue how to pull up/down pants, put on his shirt (he put his shirt on his legs) or put on socks/shoes. But is in karate and swim. Why do parents put their children in older child activities when they have zero self help skills. And why do parents feel it's not important to teach these? Aren't we supposed to start with the basics?

I am MUCH more impressed when a child can put on their own shoes than to hear the are in karate, swim, and many other extra curriculars.
Leigh 01:41 PM 08-04-2017
We don't use the word "stupid" here, but that is what I am. Got a text 70 minutes ago: On my way-see you in a few minutes. Gave up on my paperwork that I was trying to complete, woke up baby, changed him, fed him a bottle. STILL WAITING for Mrs. I'm On My Way. GRRRRRRR.
flying_babyb 08:11 PM 08-04-2017
my turn-
dck 1 falls against jumperoo bites lip (330p)
dck 2 bites lip at snack(4)
dck 3 falls over sandbox edge, lands on face, bites lip (730 p)
dck 4 runs across playground yelling CHOO, falls, skins both knees (745p)

Darn kids today! OH and then:
550 pm
go to feed fish, relize coworker overfed fish, and fish now stinks. Cleaned the plastic 1 gallon tank, walking back to shelf with full tank w fish, trip on toy coworker forgot to pick up, lost my balance and spilled a gallon of water and the fish. So Im panicking, trying to keep 6 kids outa the water while trying to find the fish (on tile). Coworker finally finds the fish on the blue chunk of the rug. After I spent a half hour cleaning up the mess, the fish seemed fine. The kids? they wanted to play in the water. Thrilled I used big rocks!
Josiegirl 02:14 AM 08-05-2017
Getting bogus phone calls during the day is annoying enough. BUT the phone rang 4 times during the night, 800-***-0000. FOUR TIMES I was shaken awake. No amount of coffee this a.m. will help.
Abeauty 07:46 PM 08-06-2017
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any ideas where i could help the local homeless children with their back to school supplies? I would really like to do something to help these childern out
Lil_Diddle 01:16 PM 08-07-2017
Ugh!!! Why do parents just do what they want? DCB age 3 starting potty training at home this weekend. Great, about time he will not sit on the potty for me, so other than encouragement I haven't tried, because what's the point? They haven't worked with him at home. Anyways, DCM tells me twice last week they are doing it this weekend. I tell her great, bring him in pull ups or get the plastic underwear cover for here and I'm all aboard. Twice I remind her he needs to wear these. Friday at pick up I tell her DCB is out of diapers if she wants to send pull ups or plastic pants great. I remind her of handbook policy that children need to go two weeks accident free here before I let them go underwear only.
So now it's Monday morning. She brings him in only in shorts, not even underwear and brings no diapers, pull-ups, anything. She says, "oh he did great this weekend, only three accidents. And he refuses to wear pull-ups and I'm afraid if I put diapers on him he'll just pee" i kindly reminded her of my policy and that I do not feel like shampooing carpets and washing bedtime blankets.she was annoyed because I made her go home and get pull-ups. Her complaint...I'm already running late. Seriously, I don't care. If you had listened the first two times we talked and followed handbook policy this would not have even been an issue. Ok, I didn't say it so harshly but I did let her know he needed these items ASAP. She did bring them back in 15 minutes.

Cat Herder 06:49 AM 08-10-2017
4.6 year old calling from bathroom. I ask if he needs TP, says no, needs help wiping. As I am putting down angry, half-fed, baby I remind him he knows how to wipe and he responds "it won't work." I have a bad feeling about this.

I get in there and he is sitting on the toilet with his clothing still on and has clearly pooped. No words come from my mouth but he hears them anyway. "I guess I forgot??"

Just finished the big clean. I know it will be funny in about an hour, right now I just want a shower.
Josiegirl 09:43 AM 08-10-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
4.6 year old calling from bathroom. I ask if he needs TP, says no, needs help wiping. As I am putting down angry, half-fed, baby I remind him he knows how to wipe and he responds "it won't work." I have a bad feeling about this.

I get in there and he is sitting on the toilet with his clothing still on and has clearly pooped. No words come from my mouth but he hears them anyway. "I guess I forgot??"

Just finished the big clean. I know it will be funny in about an hour, right now I just want a shower.
Oh I'm sure it'd take me more than an hour to find the humor. Yuck.
EntropyControlSpecialist 12:21 PM 08-10-2017

Dry heaving at the thought. Oh dear. These kinds of accidents always make me sad. So sad.
hwichlaz 08:19 AM 08-15-2017
it's barely 8am and I'm already taping diapers on to diaper diggers...
BumbleBee 08:14 PM 08-17-2017
School needs to start.

Kid 1 is a know it all bully brat who needs to GTFO of my house. His ways have rubbed off on 3 others.

Kid 2 has been like a dog at a squirrel convention the last 2 weeks. No focus, at all. He gets distracted going to the bathroom.

Kid 3 is Miss Princess. I hate those. You may be a special snowflake at home but here you're just another flake in the pile. Suck it up buttercup.

I am so done with summer.
amberrose3dg 03:41 AM 08-18-2017
Today is our last day of summer vacation! Thank god. One of the foster kids I had was at the back to school night with some of my daycare kids. She proceeds to tell them that I stole her money! This is one of the kids mom stopped coming when I tried to get her to pay some of her bill. She just stopped coming!! Your foster mom basically stole from me and I STOLE your money. This girl is almost 12. The funny thing is I had a little girl that was supposed to start next week. Mom calls me all of the sudden and says family will watch her. Family is like 30 minutes out of the way each way when she works from home!! They are neighbors so now I cannot be sure she didn't slander me to this women and who knows who else. I am fuming because I was so patient waiting weeks at time to receive any type of money. This is how she repays my kindness. Never again
Jupadia 05:09 AM 08-18-2017
Just had a family start this week. Wrote a reminder that payment was due today bu pickup. This morning they asked me why they had to pay since they paid this week in advance (as part of deposit). Contract says they pay in advance of care needs but they forgot this. But will now bring check at end of day though now they have to redo their buget cause mom took extra vacation at end of mat leave and now money's tight. God I hope this is not a sign that they won't work out but now I'm worried.
BumbleBee 06:50 PM 08-20-2017
Daycare parents copping an attitude with me because I recommended they have their child evaluated.

"Well the pediatrician never said anything." Oh, my bad. Sorry I see your kid 40 hours a week and he sees your kid what, 1 hour per year? But yeah, obviously I have no clue what I'm talking about. I'll just keep on with the 3 year old who says a whopping 2 words and I swear can't hear anything.
BumbleBee 09:01 PM 08-20-2017
Dear 'friend,'

Thanks for bursting my bubble when I came in 3rd and got my first medal.

If you think you can do better, get your *ss out here and show it. Last I checked, you haven't done a single race-despite telling me for 2 years that you would do one with me.

Tick tock, tick tock. Put up or shut up. I'm waiting.
Blackcat31 07:16 AM 08-21-2017
Dear 'friend,'

Thanks for bursting my bubble when I came in 3rd and got my first medal.

If you think you can do better, get your *ss out here and show it. Last I checked, you haven't done a single race-despite telling me for 2 years that you would do one with me.

Tick tock, tick tock. Put up or shut up. I'm waiting.
Congratulations!!

I am NOT runner so I definitely admire those that are!!

Good job! Don't let anyone else's bad attitude rain on your parade....you SHOULD feel proud! That's awesome that you finished so well!!
Second Home 09:51 AM 08-21-2017
Why is it that when you difficult family leaves another seems to become the replacement difficult family . It was a nice peaceful summer with the difficult family gone until now.

Ever since enrolling ( 3 years) they knew they pay for their spot not attendance . Then they short me 2 days pay and think it is ok. When I message them about the shorted amount they question why they have to pay .Then they tell me they will be on vacation the next week and do they have to pay . What ??? They responded to my message about the $$ but even then ask if they have to pay . They now owe the 2 days , plus 2 weeks pay when they come tomorrow . My dh and I have bets whether they show up or if they come have the $$ .

At this point I really want to say no pay ( in full ) no stay . Though I know it will hurt the child if this is done in front of him .
Blackcat31 10:21 AM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Second Home:
Why is it that when you difficult family leaves another seems to become the replacement difficult family . It was a nice peaceful summer with the difficult family gone until now.

Ever since enrolling ( 3 years) they knew they pay for their spot not attendance . Then they short me 2 days pay and think it is ok. When I message them about the shorted amount they question why they have to pay .Then they tell me they will be on vacation the next week and do they have to pay . What ??? They responded to my message about the $$ but even then ask if they have to pay . They now owe the 2 days , plus 2 weeks pay when they come tomorrow . My dh and I have bets whether they show up or if they come have the $$ .

At this point I really want to say no pay ( in full ) no stay . Though I know it will hurt the child if this is done in front of him .
I would message the family and tell them they MUST bring payment in FULL AT drop off or no services will be provided and they will be turned away at the door.

If they still show up with no money, that is ballsy on their part and would certainly get them termed immediately with no notice and with collection pursuits to follow for the remaining fees owed.
Unregistered 11:37 AM 08-21-2017
Im having a cps worker come visit my daycare to make sure a certain child attends and that my daycare is real. CPS wants the child to remain with dad, the dck dad is the one who enrolled the child, and mom says its not a real daycare because its a home daycare. Im upset that my LICENSE is not enough to prove that im a real daycare, but when i called to verify a time they were going to come , they asked why. First of all...its my business! You cant just show up. Having a random person come in and ruin my schedule..no thanks! The only person i have to answer to is my license worker...everyone else needs to schedule a time.
Ugh...they told me 3pm. Hopefully its quick.
Blackcat31 12:39 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Im having a cps worker come visit my daycare to make sure a certain child attends and that my daycare is real. CPS wants the child to remain with dad, the dck dad is the one who enrolled the child, and mom says its not a real daycare because its a home daycare. Im upset that my LICENSE is not enough to prove that im a real daycare, but when i called to verify a time they were going to come , they asked why. First of all...its my business! You cant just show up. Having a random person come in and ruin my schedule..no thanks! The only person i have to answer to is my license worker...everyone else needs to schedule a time.
Ugh...they told me 3pm. Hopefully its quick.
What state are you in?

In my state, MN you ARE required to allow CPS and other specific agents in during your hours of operation whether they have scheduled an appointment or not.

I have to answer to my licensor but there are others that serve in specific roles (in the welfare of the child) that I too must comply with or answer too as part of my agreement to be licensed and as a mandated reporter.
Unregistered 01:27 PM 08-21-2017
Its not a welfare check. They just want to prove that my daycare is legit for the judge in case the judge asks. Dad is not on trial here. Its the mom. Dad is just helping cps out by taking the child insted of the foster system. My license should have been enough proof that my daycare is legit.
Unregistered 01:30 PM 08-21-2017
Cont..its only because mom said that my daycare is inhome and not considered a real daycare that they are checking. So my license should have been enough to show that inhome daycare is real daycare and that a center is no better.
Miss A 07:05 AM 08-22-2017
New 1 year old started yesterday. It has been a long time since I started a kiddo who wasn't a baby, and I forgot how hard the adjustment is. The screaming eventually stops, right?!?
Jupadia 07:09 AM 08-22-2017
New 1 year old started yesterday. It has been a long time since I started a kiddo who wasn't a baby, and I forgot how hard the adjustment is. The screaming eventually stops, right?!?

Oh yes it dose had one start last week. This week is already going better.
Leigh 09:49 AM 08-22-2017
It should stop by age 3. Really, though, some adjust quickly, some take quite a while. I'd say that within 3 weeks, you'll have an idea of how the future looks!
Unregistered 05:46 AM 08-23-2017
When you want to sign your kids up for activities but they start at 5:30 and you work til 5:30 for ONE child...agh!
Cat Herder 06:01 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Dad is just helping cps out by taking the child insted of the foster system.
Surely Dad does not view it that way. This is his child, not CPS's.
Indoorvoice 06:39 AM 08-25-2017
Dcm comes in this morning telling me how dcd was giving her grief for bringing dck to daycare today when both parents have the day off. She said she told him that she was doing me a favor and had to bring dck or else dck would throw a fit Monday coming because she would have too many days off from daycare Sure, dcm. Whatever you have to tell yourself to make yourself feel better! I did convince her to pick up at noon since she's my only dck today! I'll call that a win.
Leigh 07:52 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
Dcm comes in this morning telling me how dcd was giving her grief for bringing dck to daycare today when both parents have the day off. She said she told him that she was doing me a favor and had to bring dck or else dck would throw a fit Monday coming because she would have too many days off from daycare Sure, dcm. Whatever you have to tell yourself to make yourself feel better! I did convince her to pick up at noon since she's my only dck today! I'll call that a win.
You should totally send her flowers for being so considerate of you! I mean, WHAT would you have done with yourself if you'd have had the day off? You have a great client there!
Unregistered 08:15 AM 08-25-2017
Sent DCB home yesterday because he had a fever of 103. Got a text this morning saying he would not be coming because he has a fever....ummmm yea he wasnt going to come either way, he had a fever yesterday and my contract is 24hrs! Sheesh..
Baby Beluga 08:31 AM 08-25-2017
Surely Dad does not view it that way. This is his child, not CPS's.
Throughout your posts you always stick up for the Dad's when statistically they get the short end of the stick when it comes to parental responsibility/court/custody/child support area. I admire that.
Blackcat31 09:34 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Throughout your posts you always stick up for the Dad's when statistically they get the short end of the stick when it comes to parental responsibility/court/custody/child support area. I admire that.

I've seen some shady behavior from mom's that "think" they are doing what's best for their child over the years...

It's sad really. Some of the tactics I've seen women use in these situation is appalling.

Dad's do statistically get the short end of the stick and that is never in the best interest of the child if there is no real reason for it.
BumbleBee 10:56 AM 08-25-2017
Why is it that the one dck who needs a nap the most is the one who doesn't nap?????

Mr. ADHD no emotional control and impulsive WITH a nap, turns into Mr. ADHD no emotional control, impulsive, whiny, screamy, snotting mess without a nap. TGIF!
Leigh 10:56 AM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I have seen equally bad behaviors from both sexes. I have a dad who has been pushing for full custody because he wants to stop paying child support and because his kids get SSI checks. I have heard SO much from him about those checks! This dad doesn't even FEED his kids when he has them (tube fed-he doesn't feed them AT ALL-the older kids have told me this, and when I send him formula, it ALL comes back). He doesn't give necessary meds (VERY necessary). I would photograph the meters on their O2 tanks before pickup and at drop off, and they'd never been turned on. I would photograph meters on their meds, and they were never dispensed. These photos were used in court to minimize his visits (they would get dropped off with me on Monday morning, and by Wednesday, they would be in NICU again from his neglect.

I have another dad who drops off his kid and takes his shoes away at drop off (he's 3) on days that mom picks up because he doesn't want DCM to use shoes that HE bought.

I had a mom who refused to give her kids prescribed meds (they NEEDED them) and refused to let them wear their glasses (twins-they would literally run into furniture and walls without their glasses).

I have a mom right now who tries to drop off her kid with me so that she can RAKE HER YARD, because she CAN'T do that when her kid is present (she is only allowed to be here during work hours because of assistance). She would do ANYTHING not to take care of her own kid.

I've seen it go both ways. There are some wonderful parents out there, and there are some who truly DON'T deserve custody (and one that I know doesn't even deserve unsupervised visitation). And, I've seen it from males and females.
midaycare 10:58 AM 08-25-2017
My 3 kids that start Labor Day week are all state pay. Which means I work for "free" for about 6 weeks, until the state pays me. Sigh...
Blackcat31 11:16 AM 08-25-2017
My 3 kids that start Labor Day week are all state pay. Which means I work for "free" for about 6 weeks, until the state pays me. Sigh...
Are you guys paid monthly via the state system?

That sucks if you have to wait 6 weeks to get paid....
Do you have rules that would allow you to have the families pay first and then be reimbursed when the state pays you?

I have state pay families at the very least put down a two week deposit. I know most/many can't afford it (which is why they are on state assistance) but I still do it and if they want to use my services bad enough they figure out how to beg, borrow or steal it.

Does your state at least verify with you BEFORE services are provided that the family WILL be getting assistance?
midaycare 11:31 AM 08-25-2017
Are you guys paid monthly via the state system?

That sucks if you have to wait 6 weeks to get paid....
Do you have rules that would allow you to have the families pay first and then be reimbursed when the state pays you?

I have state pay families at the very least put down a two week deposit. I know most/many can't afford it (which is why they are on state assistance) but I still do it and if they want to use my services bad enough they figure out how to beg, borrow or steal it.

Does your state at least verify with you BEFORE services are provided that the family WILL be getting assistance?
I think - at least compared to the horror stories I've heard from other states - that MI is pretty good. They do verify before the parents start that they qualify. The kicker is it takes a good 4-6 weeks for everything to get up and running once they start

I take it on a case by case basis. I have one other state pay here right now and she had to pay until the state did. However, the 2 women who are starting here? Both of them have literally not a dime to their name. Both are living in a transitional home for women. I'm working with the home to give them daycare so they can start their jobs.

They both seem like really great parents, so I'm excited to have them here. But waiting for the state to pay suuuucks. Once they get up and running, I get paid every 2 weeks like clockwork. And they do send backpay with the first check.

I'm just thinking, "oh super, I now have 2 part time employees to pay, and with what money?" Sigh. Oh well. I'm going through a weird spot right now. I've always had a zillion calls for daycare. I have 2 open spots in 2 weeks and no one has called for the 18 month and up age group.

I've never had an empty spot. I'm even advertising. I hear people need daycare like crazy!
Miss A 10:37 AM 08-29-2017
Last week's newbie came down with a fever and spent half the week at home sick. So, we are basically on our second first week this week. Hopefully he figures out soon that screaming for hours straight is no way to make friends, because if he doesn't he will be on his way out the door.
storybookending 11:48 AM 08-29-2017
Any advice on an almost 22 month old that screams and cries every time she wakes up? This is only her second week back to daycare as mom is a teacher. She has been like this since she was little. Wakes up in the mornings happy but nap is a different story. I switched her to a toddler bed hoping she wouldn't feel caged and was free to come out on her own but she this is week two and she still screams and she wakes the child she shares a room with. I don't have the option of putting her in another room. I could potentially switch her to the big kid room but why run the risk of waking up 3 versus now just the one? She wakes up after almost an hour of sleep almost every time. Nap is at noon and she wakes up right around 1PM every single time. Before summer break she was only napping about 75 minutes total as well waking up at 1:15PM. Today she woke up at 1, woke up the 9motnh old in the process but I did get her to lay down again after telling her it wasn't wake up time yet.
Blackcat31 12:28 PM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Any advice on an almost 22 month old that screams and cries every time she wakes up? This is only her second week back to daycare as mom is a teacher. She has been like this since she was little. Wakes up in the mornings happy but nap is a different story. I switched her to a toddler bed hoping she wouldn't feel caged and was free to come out on her own but she this is week two and she still screams and she wakes the child she shares a room with. I don't have the option of putting her in another room. I could potentially switch her to the big kid room but why run the risk of waking up 3 versus now just the one? She wakes up after almost an hour of sleep almost every time. Nap is at noon and she wakes up right around 1PM every single time. Before summer break she was only napping about 75 minutes total as well waking up at 1:15PM. Today she woke up at 1, woke up the 9motnh old in the process but I did get her to lay down again after telling her it wasn't wake up time yet.
Does she nap twice or just once at your house?
Do you have the possibility of putting the other child she shares a room with in a different room so that DCG doesn't disturb others if she wakes screaming?

Most the time IME anyways, kids that wake crying aren't done with their nap yet and for whatever reason woke crying so if I try to soothe them or for one of mine just leave them alone they usually go back to sleep.
Love 12:35 PM 08-29-2017
DCG 4yrs still poops in her pants...and it smells horrible! Idk how to describe it its the worst ever in this world...i almost throw up every time. Even after i bring the garbage out to the garage my house still smells like her poop and it lingers for hours! Its annoying that shes no where near potty training because of her lazy parents, im tired of changing a 4 year old diaper!. So glad shes leaving soon!
storybookending 12:58 PM 08-29-2017
Does she nap twice or just once at your house?
Do you have the possibility of putting the other child she shares a room with in a different room so that DCG doesn't disturb others if she wakes screaming?

Most the time IME anyways, kids that wake crying aren't done with their nap yet and for whatever reason woke crying so if I try to soothe them or for one of mine just leave them alone they usually go back to sleep.
She naps once and has since before she was a year. As an infant she was a serial cat napper. I keep waiting for her to grow out of this waking up after an hour crying business. I know she needs more rest than what she is getting. I don't really have a practical place to move the 9 month old unfourtunatly. I think I am just going to have to move her into the big kid room. I am waiting until DCB5 to start K. School starts here on Friday.
Blackcat31 01:03 PM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by storybookending:
She naps once and has since before she was a year. As an infant she was a serial cat napper. I keep waiting for her to grow out of this waking up after an hour crying business. I know she needs more rest than what she is getting. I don't really have a practical place to move the 9 month old unfourtunatly. I think I am just going to have to move her into the big kid room. I am waiting until DCB5 to start K. School starts here on Friday.
Its so hard when you have that one "hard" napper.

I have one right now that makes "Mmmmm, MMMMmmm, Mmmm " sounds the ENTIRE nap time. It is so annoying that I am annoying myself just talking about it.

I had hoped he would outgrow it as I thought it was rooted in his thumb sucking but it's been almost 3 full years and he is still doing it.

Even worse, his baby brother (age 1) does it too!
Sometimes I swear they do it back and forth as if answering each other (they sleep in different rooms here) and then it's in stereo! Yay! NOT!

Sorry I don't have better advice.
I think there just always has to be "one" that does things their own way.
storybookending 03:47 PM 08-29-2017
My sister does that when she's falling asleep too! We only had to share a room for a few months as a kid and my parents had me convinced it was all in my head. 20 years later we can joke about it. I've noticed I do it too but only once or twice as I'm falling asleep and only if I'm super tired!!

I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up with my crier. She marches to the beat of her own drum in every other area of her life so why would nap be any different?
Lil_Diddle 08:12 PM 08-29-2017
I've had a sub that's been with me for two years now, is a parent to one of my DCK's and is a regular coming on Tuesdays so I can use that day as my errand day. She has become a huge blessing to me and really to all my daycare families in that if I am unavailable she is here to keep the daycare open.

Another DCM that has been with me over a year sent me a text today that her boy had come home and had poop in his pants. Checked with sub, she changed him after nap so he must have done it while kids were outside or in DCD's car. I'm not sure why DCM was so frustrated as I've had her boy over a year and he's never been sent home with dirty pants before or had a rash due to negligence.

Anyways what I'm venting about is not her frustration, but that in her text she referred to my sub as "that girl" as in "will you please let that girl know that she should have checked his pull-up" grrr....for one "that girl" has a name and she should know it after a year of her caring for your child one day a week every week. Secondly, I did check in with "that girl" and she did check everyone after nap as always and boy was clean. I almost feel disrespected in that she disrespected my trusted friend/sub like that. Idk, maybe I'm just being too sensitive, but shouldn't you at least know the name of the person caring for your child
Leigh 08:50 PM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by Love:
DCG 4yrs still poops in her pants...and it smells horrible! Idk how to describe it its the worst ever in this world...i almost throw up every time. Even after i bring the garbage out to the garage my house still smells like her poop and it lingers for hours! Its annoying that shes no where near potty training because of her lazy parents, im tired of changing a 4 year old diaper!. So glad shes leaving soon!
I had one of those. It took FOREVER to get parents to insist on an abdominal x-ray. The child had a giant ball of poop stuck in him. He still struggles with incontinence and constipation after dealing with at least 3 years of being constipated and having a partial blockage. I suppose the God-awful smell was from whatever was rotting inside him? I'd tell the parents to get that kid into a gastroenterologist and get her an xray.
midaycare 10:38 AM 08-30-2017
All my dcks are rotten today. I them, but today I don't like them very much.
Rockgirl 11:08 AM 08-30-2017
I've had a sub that's been with me for two years now, is a parent to one of my DCK's and is a regular coming on Tuesdays so I can use that day as my errand day. She has become a huge blessing to me and really to all my daycare families in that if I am unavailable she is here to keep the daycare open.

Another DCM that has been with me over a year sent me a text today that her boy had come home and had poop in his pants. Checked with sub, she changed him after nap so he must have done it while kids were outside or in DCD's car. I'm not sure why DCM was so frustrated as I've had her boy over a year and he's never been sent home with dirty pants before or had a rash due to negligence.

Anyways what I'm venting about is not her frustration, but that in her text she referred to my sub as "that girl" as in "will you please let that girl know that she should have checked his pull-up" grrr....for one "that girl" has a name and she should know it after a year of her caring for your child one day a week every week. Secondly, I did check in with "that girl" and she did check everyone after nap as always and boy was clean. I almost feel disrespected in that she disrespected my trusted friend/sub like that. Idk, maybe I'm just being too sensitive, but shouldn't you at least know the name of the person caring for your child
He could have pooped on the car ride home!
amberrose3dg 03:52 AM 08-31-2017
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
He could have pooped on the car ride home!
Ugh he most likely pooped on the way home. Now if he had a bloated poop diaper I could see being upset. I am not sure how you keep a kid from pooping on the way home.

Miss A 04:08 PM 09-04-2017
There is always 1 family...my own 11 month old has pink eye in both eyes, diagnosed at 2 this afternoon. He needs tomorrow off from daycare so that he can have a full 24 hours on antibiotic eye ointment. Anyone know knows pink eye knows it spreads so easily, I also need this extra day to sanitize toys. 1 familly is trying to pull a major guilt trip about not wanting to lose their holiday pay by not working the day following a holiday. Well, you can miss one day now or multiple days to care for your own children with pink eye after exposure to mine. Ugh, some people do not think sometimes!
amberrose3dg 10:24 AM 09-05-2017
Today is my birthday and it has been extra hard. All of the babies want to cry all day long. Parents lie about how they eat and sleep. My two year old kept me up half the night. Now i have an interview coming at the end of today. I just want this day over super fast!!
daycarediva 10:35 AM 09-05-2017
There is always 1 family...my own 11 month old has pink eye in both eyes, diagnosed at 2 this afternoon. He needs tomorrow off from daycare so that he can have a full 24 hours on antibiotic eye ointment. Anyone know knows pink eye knows it spreads so easily, I also need this extra day to sanitize toys. 1 familly is trying to pull a major guilt trip about not wanting to lose their holiday pay by not working the day following a holiday. Well, you can miss one day now or multiple days to care for your own children with pink eye after exposure to mine. Ugh, some people do not think sometimes!
In my new contract I actually have parents sign stating that they have back up care in the event of an emergency.

So my response would be "What happened to your back up care?"

Hope your baby feels better soon!
Blackcat31 11:54 AM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
Today is my birthday and it has been extra hard. All of the babies want to cry all day long. Parents lie about how they eat and sleep. My two year old kept me up half the night. Now i have an interview coming at the end of today. I just want this day over super fast!!
Happy Birthday 🎉🎈
LysesKids 12:52 PM 09-05-2017
Happy Birthday... Hugs

We should celebrate together because it's my birthday too LOL; I just had a family pull @ lunch because mom got fired this morning (last week she gave 2 weeks notice to work that she was quitting due to being bullied by the bosses daughter). I also totally feel like garbage because of the rainy weather, so I get it.

We can have an online celebration with all our friends
amberrose3dg 01:41 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Happy Birthday... Hugs

We should celebrate together because it's my birthday too LOL; I just had a family pull @ lunch because mom got fired this morning (last week she gave 2 weeks notice to work that she was quitting due to being bullied by the bosses daughter). I also totally feel like garbage because of the rainy weather, so I get it.

Happy Birthday

Were under a tornado warning 2 hours ago.It has passed. so guess who isn't getting off of work on time today.... Grr I had several families make it on time but two that seem to always be late for one reason or another.
Blackcat31 01:47 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Happy Birthday... Hugs

amberrose3dg 01:59 PM 09-05-2017
And I called it. The only parent who is stuck in bad weather when others work further away and picked up at 450. She is going to be at least 20 minutes late, maybe even later.
Unregistered 02:42 PM 09-05-2017
And I called it. The only parent who is stuck in bad weather when others work further away and picked up at 450. She is going to be at least 20 minutes late, maybe even later.
Hope you have a hefty late fee! Charge her. Use the extra $$$ on something just for you!
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47  ... Last
Reply Up