Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Special Needs policy and Cultural Competency
lovemykidstoo 06:34 PM 05-01-2016
To increase my STAR rating, I need to have 2 papers written. One is a Cultural Competency letter to give to my parents and another one is called Caring for Children with Special Needs Policy. Does anyone have either of those they could share with me to get me started? Thank you
Thriftylady 05:51 AM 05-02-2016
Wow, I wouldn't know where to start!
Cat Herder 01:51 PM 05-02-2016
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Cultural Competency letter

Caring for Children with Special Needs Policy.
Is the first one a formal notice to parents outlining your cultural compentency (specific approved training hours) goals and diversity plan (outreach, resources, special services for specific sub-groups) ? If so I will pm you a sample one from directly from the nets. NVRM, you have your profile set to no pm. A quick google search of the assignment + the word childcare pdf will net you great results.

The second one can be found on the NAEYC/NAFCC pages as sample of what they want. Incorporate what you can accommodate, then add them to the policies you already have. It will become a section of your new, long winded, handbook.
lovemykidstoo 03:02 PM 05-02-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Is the first one a formal notice to parents outlining your cultural compentency (specific approved training hours) goals and diversity plan (outreach, resources, special services for specific sub-groups) ? If so I will pm you a sample one from directly from the nets. NVRM, you have your profile set to no pm. A quick google search of the assignment + the word childcare pdf will net you great results.

The second one can be found on the NAEYC/NAFCC pages as sample of what they want. Incorporate what you can accommodate, then add them to the policies you already have. It will become a section of your new, long winded, handbook.
I think that's what she's looking for. I didn't know I had my profile set up for no PM's. How do I change that? I think it's all kind of silly to be honest.
Poptarts22 12:42 PM 09-14-2016
Good luck...:-)
Tags:cultural competency, special needs, special needs policy
Reply Up