Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help!
KEG123 06:15 AM 02-13-2011
Ok so I'm freaking out at the moment. I've got another interview tomorrow, but get this. My computer took a crap last week and nearly ALL my documents are gone. So I'm freaking out that I don't have my paperwork printed and ready for tomorrow. Granted, it's not til tomorrow evening, but I'm still freaking. There is a small chance DBF can get some of my files back. But maybe not. I don't even remember what all files I had!

So if there is ANY way someone could post a list, or attach some of your "interview" documents, I'd appreciate it. I hope I can get my policies back, they might be in an e-mail somewheres (Actually, Abigail, if you see this, do you still have a copy? I guess I deleted it from my e-mail, CRAP!), but like I said I don't even remember everything I had. :banghead:
KEG123 09:59 AM 02-13-2011
Glad I've gotten so many responses!
Danielle 10:06 AM 02-13-2011
My favorite resource: www.thedaycarelady.com
missnikki 11:17 AM 02-13-2011
I'm sorry, I don't interview for families. I take whoever comes to the school I work for. If you need any help writing any policies, message me- I'm happy to help. Sorry that happened, I hope your DBF can get you what you need in a jiffy!

(and an external hard drive is worth its weight in gold.)
melissa ann 11:56 AM 02-13-2011
Originally Posted by Danielle:
My favorite resource: www.thedaycarelady.com
I just checked out this site. It's great. I added it to my favorites.
Michael 12:03 PM 02-13-2011
It's owned by http://www.providerwatch.com
Abigail 02:03 PM 02-13-2011
I found it on my computer and sent it your email! Now you can take a deep breathe.

For future reference, print off EXTRA (at least two) copies of EVERY document you could possibly ever use because you could always scan to copy them or re-type them if your computer clunks out again. Every month I back up my computer with a flash drive which saved me because this computer I bought on Black Friday since two days prior to that date my old (still fairly new though ) Computer decided to "just not turn on"--ever. I got 90% of my stuff back from my flash drive since I only save it monthly. Takes about 20 minutes each time to transfer the updated files. Good luck getting caught up again for tomorrow!
SandeeAR 04:50 PM 02-13-2011
Haven't you got a copy from another child? Can you just take it to Office Depot, make a copy, white out the personal info and copy again and get a clean copy or two?
KEG123 06:57 PM 02-13-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
Haven't you got a copy from another child? Can you just take it to Office Depot, make a copy, white out the personal info and copy again and get a clean copy or two?
Thanks again Abigail.

And to this, no I don't have another because I don't have any children yet. I'm brand spankin new.
Little People 03:30 AM 02-14-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
Thanks again Abigail.

And to this, no I don't have another because I don't have any children yet. I'm brand spankin new.
I went to Wal Mart and bought 10 folders and I copied all my handbooks, contracts etc. and I put then together and then I stapled a handbook (with Mrs. Lesia written on front) and I highlighted all the important things to cover. This way when I get a call for an interview all I have to do is, get a folder and my copy of handbook and my phone log paper (that I have all info on from phone conversation) and I am ready!!
KEG123 04:11 AM 02-14-2011
Originally Posted by Little People:
I went to Wal Mart and bought 10 folders and I copied all my handbooks, contracts etc. and I put then together and then I stapled a handbook (with Mrs. Lesia written on front) and I highlighted all the important things to cover. This way when I get a call for an interview all I have to do is, get a folder and my copy of handbook and my phone log paper (that I have all info on from phone conversation) and I am ready!!
Good idea. Thanks.
SandeeAR 10:13 AM 02-14-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
Thanks again Abigail.

Sorry, didn't realize you were totally new. I know most of us are so dependant on our computers, we overlook the obivious of having hard copies.
cillybean83 10:49 AM 02-14-2011
I keep hard copy originals printed in red (because I"m a total ditz and would for sure hand out my originals at some point) and from time to time I just go to kinko's and run off copies if needed.
Abigail 08:49 PM 02-14-2011
Periodically I print out what I have to make sure I have a hard copy, but as I complete the documents I work on I made sure I print them and it's a sigh of relief.

So far I'm...
95% done with my contract.
100% done with my holding contract. (Thanks Tom)
90% done with my policies handbook. (it's kind of long)

I have many other short documents (permission forms) I still need to create, but with me they need to be perfect so it takes awhile.
Tags:interview
Reply Up