Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Wording To Offer A Position?
newtodaycare22 09:42 AM 07-21-2012
I interviewed a few families last week and I told them I'd get back to them when I made my decision ( I only have 1 spot coming available next month). How does this sound?

For the family I'm accepting...

Dear _____,
It was a pleasure meeting you and your family last week. I would love to officially offer (child) a spot in our preschool family. If you would like to go forward with enrollment, I will need a signed contract (attached) and a deposit (equal to one week's payment). I will also need a completed health inventory and emergency form before (child) starts attending.

Please let me know if you are still interested and whether you would like to mail the materials or schedule a time to meet again. Thanks so much and have a fantastic weekend.

For the families I'm not accepting...

Dear ______,
It was a pleasure meeting you and your family last week. At this time, I have filled my upcoming opening. If another opening does arise in the near future, I will definitely contract you and let you know. Thanks again for your interest and taking the time to meet with me.

(I would still consider these families....they just weren't my TOP choice )

Thanks guys!
Michael 01:56 PM 07-21-2012
They both have personal a touch and adequately address the important points without being offensive. That's always a tough one with rejection letters. Here is a sample acceptance letter that may add to the topic.
Attached: AcceptanceForm.doc (37.5 KB) 
Candyland 08:42 PM 07-21-2012
I really like the form that Michael attached.
Candyland 08:45 PM 07-21-2012
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
For the families I'm not accepting...

Dear ______,
It was a pleasure meeting you and your family last week. At this time, I have filled my upcoming opening. If another opening does arise in the near future, I will definitely contract you and let you know. Thanks again for your interest and taking the time to meet with me.

(I would still consider these families....they just weren't my TOP choice )

Thanks guys!
but, I would use the word *contact* in place of *contract*
newtodaycare22 03:41 PM 07-22-2012
Originally Posted by Candyland:
but, I would use the word *contact* in place of *contract*
hahaha thanks-this is why I post things!!
Tags:acceptance letter, letter samples, rejection letter, sample
Reply Up