Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Soap Cloud Mother's Day Activity
Christian Mother 09:36 AM 05-08-2012
We are doing that cute Soap Cloud Activity for Mother's Day. I decided that the kids and I would make the soaps together to put into little baggies tied with decorative ribbon. And we would wrap up Dove Soap in their handprints but I am having a hard time finding a cute saying or poem to go along with the Cloud activity. Any creative minds out there good with words that can help me?
Kiki 10:02 AM 05-08-2012
I don't have one directly for the cloud activity, we are doing it too. But, on top of the soaps we are also doing salt dough hand prints with the following saying:

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.

But every day I'm growing -
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away.

So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.

Doesn't exactly help your situation, but maybe instead of having the poem tied directly to the clouds, you can have it associated with the Dove Soap? (Maybe I'm not fully understanding what you mean by you would wrap up Dove Soap in their hand prints?)
temom 10:03 AM 05-08-2012
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.

Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My Mother.

All I am or can be I owe to my angel Mother

To the world you might just be one person,
but to one person you might just be the world.

It takes someone really brave to be a mother, someone strong to raise a child and someone special to love someone more than herself.

hope this help.
temom 10:05 AM 05-08-2012
[quote=Kiki;227255]I don't have one directly for the cloud activity, we are doing it too. But, on top of the soaps we are also doing salt dough hand prints with the

How do you do the soap cloud activity?? seems like a really neat idea
Soupyszoo 10:06 AM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by temom:

My Mother.

It takes someone really brave to be a mother, someone strong to raise a child and someone special to love someone more than herself.

hope this help.
Awe! These made me get all teary. Dang it
Kiki 10:08 AM 05-08-2012
[quote=temom;227259]
Originally Posted by Kiki:
I don't have one directly for the cloud activity, we are doing it too. But, on top of the soaps we are also doing salt dough hand prints with the

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?p=224315
temom 10:10 AM 05-08-2012
thanks kiki
@Soupyszoo
Christian Mother 01:46 PM 05-08-2012
I don't have one directly for the cloud activity, we are doing it too. But, on top of the soaps we are also doing salt dough hand prints with the following saying:

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.

But every day I'm growing -
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away.

So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.

Doesn't exactly help your situation, but maybe instead of having the poem tied directly to the clouds, you can have it associated with the Dove Soap? (Maybe I'm not fully understanding what you mean by you would wrap up Dove Soap in their hand prints?)
ohhh these are all good!!

What I did was had colored construction paper and had the littles places there hands in paint all over the paper...then when it drys I will wrap it up in that. sorry didn't explain it very well.
Christian Mother 01:49 PM 05-08-2012

My Mother.

hope this help.
[quote=temom;227259]
I don't have one directly for the cloud activity, we are doing it too. But, on top of the soaps we are also doing salt dough hand prints with the

I was going to just say also that that poem made me cry!! Soooo sweet we are totally using that!!

The soap cloud activity is off of pinterest also!! But the link from Daycare forum that was posted is also where I got it from!!
AnneCordelia 02:14 PM 05-08-2012
The soap clouds worked for me but I couldn't get them formed into other shapes. The soap from the clouds was just too flakey to work with even with added warm water. Anyone had good success yet?
Kiki 02:36 PM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
The soap clouds worked for me but I couldn't get them formed into other shapes. The soap from the clouds was just too flakey to work with even with added warm water. Anyone had good success yet?
We have it scheduled for Thursday afternoon, I'll let you know if it turns out!
KEG123 03:03 PM 05-08-2012
I wish I had a microwave right about now!
Luna 03:32 PM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
Ours turned out pretty well the second time around. We over-mixed the first time. We used playdough shapers and let them dry for a few days. They're on the crumbly side, but I'm sure the Moms will love them

My 29-year-old son came over and I showed him the soap clouds, he thought it was so cool he took home some ivory soap to show his fiance
Christian Mother 09:00 PM 05-08-2012
I bought the scented kind...I plan to try it out on my kids tomorrow night before bath time..heheh!! How many bars makes small soaps...I don't know if I need to grab a few more...I bought a 6 pack of dove scented soaps but I kept 2 for my self to try it out and each parent got there own. .....
SilverSabre25 05:16 AM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
I bought the scented kind...I plan to try it out on my kids tomorrow night before bath time..heheh!! How many bars makes small soaps...I don't know if I need to grab a few more...I bought a 6 pack of dove scented soaps but I kept 2 for my self to try it out and each parent got there own. .....
Well for the soap clouds, only Ivory works. Dove won't do it. Ivory is weird. :P but it really is only Ivory soap that works for this.
DaycareMama 09:30 AM 05-09-2012
We did ours today. PHEW it was a chore. I got thru 4 kids and was exhausted. My sinuses are killing me from breathing in the dust from mixing it.

I still have 6 more kids to do and im not sure how to make it easier

I used one bar per kid and got to big shapes and like 6 mini

Does anyone have any tips on how to make less mess in the micro? Maybe half a bar at a time? Or what about putting the soap in a bowl to contain some of the mess?

How far ahead can the "clouds" be made can I do some tonight and break them up tomorrow to finish the rest?

Ugh im tired .......

Ok so i just tried it with half a bar in a large plastic bowl in the micro on 2 mins and it was 100 percent mess free and came right out of the bowl.
Hope this helps you all with clean up after
temom 09:52 AM 05-09-2012
when you break the cloud, how do u mix it? with warm water?
DaycareMama 10:08 AM 05-09-2012
when you break the cloud, how do u mix it? with warm water?
yes. works best if you get the cloud as fine as possible before adding water
Christian Mother 01:17 PM 05-09-2012
Ohhh PoooooH!!! I bought Dove soap instead of Ivory...I'll go to the store tonight and pick some up. Some you think one bar of soap will make at least 4-5 little soaps? I would like to make at least 20 little soaps. So that would maybe be 4 bars of soap? They sale like a 10 pack for about $5. Wish they had scented ones other then aloe...
DaycareMama 02:34 PM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
Ohhh PoooooH!!! I bought Dove soap instead of Ivory...I'll go to the store tonight and pick some up. Some you think one bar of soap will make at least 4-5 little soaps? I would like to make at least 20 little soaps. So that would maybe be 4 bars of soap? They sale like a 10 pack for about $5. Wish they had scented ones other then aloe...

With one bar each child made 2 big cookie cutter shapes and 6 to 8 little star shapped ones. The stars were from a star shapped ice cube tray, the silicone ones.
Also I was able to find Ivory in the 10 pack that was scented but didn't have aloe. The package was blue
kathiemarie 02:46 PM 05-09-2012
I made our today. I had the kids do everything in a ziplock bag. When the cloud was big they put thier hands in and mixed,then as it got finer I zipped it up and they pound the heck out of it. The soap was like flour when we were done. Then I added food coloring to the water, poured the water into the bag re closed it and they smooched it untill it was mixed. I put ours in mini cake pans that were heart shaped. Very fun and it stayed pretty clean.
DaycareMama 02:51 PM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by kathiemarie:
I made our today. I had the kids do everything in a ziplock bag. When the cloud was big they put thier hands in and mixed,then as it got finer I zipped it up and they pound the heck out of it. The soap was like flour when we were done. Then I added food coloring to the water, poured the water into the bag re closed it and they smooched it untill it was mixed. I put ours in mini cake pans that were heart shaped. Very fun and it stayed pretty clean.

You are awesome I love the zip lock bag idea!!!!
Christian Mother 07:14 PM 05-09-2012
ohhh me too!! I will have to try that also...

Did the "Soap Cloud" activity with my children and they loved it!! Messy but not to bad. Next time I'll just put it in a big bowl first. I ashually have the molds and stuffed them along with some bath and body scented hand soap to give some color and smell. I put it in the freezer and will see tomorrow how it came out if it comes out good them me and the kids will do another batch tomorrow night as only one child leaves tomorrow for the week the rest leave Fri. Thanks for the ideals you guys!! Your awesome!!

Tags:mother's day ideas
Reply Up