Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM announced her pregnancy this morning.......
queenbee 11:35 AM 08-07-2012
........and after congratulating her, I asked how far along she was.

DCM: "I'm 36 weeks tomorrow. We haven't decided if DCG will be coming on during my maternity leave next month, but we will definitely let you know."

36 weeks?!?! You barely tell your childcare provider - who you've known for over 2 years - that you're pregnant when you are already 9 months?

Who DOES that?

I'm pretty sure this was my face -------->

This mom barely has a belly, too. I would have never mentioned anything to her about it because I'd hate to feel stupid if she wasn't.

Definitely a big surprise this morning
Angelsj 11:39 AM 08-07-2012
I have a family that I watch the kids probably twice a week. Dad drops and picks up. They showed up in April with a new baby in tow!!!

Amazing what some parents don't think is important for a provider to know
lil angels 11:41 AM 08-07-2012
Wow does she expect you to have room for the new one? That's a bit strange to me.
Annalee 11:45 AM 08-07-2012
WOW! My parents tell me upon conception most of the time.
DaisyMamma 11:47 AM 08-07-2012
It is strange. Is she planning on coming back and bringing the baby too?
Do you have a maternity policy in place? Just curious, because I do not and cant imagine what I would say if I were in your place.
cheerfuldom 11:56 AM 08-07-2012
I would send her a follow up email reminding her of your policies for notice (if they leave) and for maternity leaves as well as availability for the baby (if there is even space). Be proactive and dont just wait around for her to figure out what they are doing. I would even put a deadline to the decision....like they need to let you know in two weeks the final decision and that does not include the two weeks notice/pay
SilverSabre25 12:27 PM 08-07-2012
Congrats, dCm, but wow!

That reminds me of a dcm that was pregnant when I was pg with DS. She was pregnant too and only a couple weeks behind me...and when I was full-on in maternity clothes she still didn't show at all! She's very tall and slim and I, heh, am neither.
Breezy 12:32 PM 08-07-2012
I had a DCM that didn't know she was pregnant until she went in to the er at 28 weeks and was in full blpwn labor. I also have a cousin who has a 6 week old who didn't know she was pregnant until 32 weeks and because she was also in labor. Baby arrived the next morning.

Maybe they didn't know?
texascare 02:50 PM 08-07-2012
I have one now that is pregnant and due in Oct but has not asked me to watch the baby. I won't have an opening anyways, but i wonder why she hasn't said anything? She told me she was pregnant the Minuite she found out. Kinda wierd.
Reply Up