Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Name for Childcare?
ObscureEpiphany 01:02 PM 05-10-2014
Hi! I'm thinking about starting an in-home daycare. I see that many providers have a name for their daycare. I thought that it might make it easier on prospective parents to remember a daycare name to google, rather than trying to remember my personal name, but I'm only planning to have 2 or 3 DCK (in addition to my own child). Is it silly to have a name with so few kids?

I want the name (if I have one) to set the right tone. I don't want to sound pretentious, or like something that I am not, but I also really dislike cutesy names. I plan to have a lot of free play and outside play with the kids, along with fine motor activities, crafts, music, and reading. My son is almost 3 and we plan to homeschool, so if I had any DCK around his age, I would do a pre-school program with them as well. I'd like the name to kind of go along with this.

I came up with:
Child's Play Learning Center /daycare/ child care/ family care...
Cottonwood Tree Childcare /daycare /family care/ learning center (there is a large cottonwood tree in my front yard)

Advice? Suggestions? Opinions? My last name is Circle, any ideas with that? Thanks!
Laurel 01:11 PM 05-10-2014
Originally Posted by ObscureEpiphany:
Hi! I'm thinking about starting an in-home daycare. I see that many providers have a name for their daycare. I thought that it might make it easier on prospective parents to remember a daycare name to google, rather than trying to remember my personal name, but I'm only planning to have 2 or 3 DCK (in addition to my own child). Is it silly to have a name with so few kids?

I want the name (if I have one) to set the right tone. I don't want to sound pretentious, or like something that I am not, but I also really dislike cutesy names. I plan to have a lot of free play and outside play with the kids, along with fine motor activities, crafts, music, and reading. My son is almost 3 and we plan to homeschool, so if I had any DCK around his age, I would do a pre-school program with them as well. I'd like the name to kind of go along with this.

I came up with:
Cottonwood Tree Childcare /daycare /family care/ learning center (there is a large cottonwood tree in my front yard)

Advice? Suggestions? Opinions? My last name is Circle, any ideas with that? Thanks!
I personally like nature names. I like Cottonwood Tree Childcare. Mine is Sunflower Home Childcare because my subdivision is named Sunflower.

Laurel
NightOwl 01:29 PM 05-10-2014
I don't like cutesy either. My name came from an experience with losing a baby (not mine) to SIDS in a previous center. He was native American and his mom said owls are the protectors of child spirits. I have an owl tattoo in his honor and named my home daycare after him. It's called Owl's Nest Nursery & Preschool.
nothingwithoutjoy 05:42 PM 05-10-2014
Originally Posted by ObscureEpiphany:
I came up with:

I think having a name professionalizes what you do, no matter how many kids you have; I vote do it.

I like both your ideas.

I prefer not to say "day care" as I think it emphasizes "I need somewhere to put my kid for the day" rather than the child. And I wouldn't use "learning center," because your group is so small--which is an asset that's hidden in that name that implies a larger group.

I love the idea of incorporating your last name, because it implies a close-knit group; perfect for what you'll do. Cottonwood Circle Child Care? Child's Circle? Learning Circle? Cottonwood Learning Circle? I'd keep messing about with it and see what comes...
Laurel 05:53 PM 05-10-2014
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
I think having a name professionalizes what you do, no matter how many kids you have; I vote do it.

I like both your ideas.

I prefer not to say "day care" as I think it emphasizes "I need somewhere to put my kid for the day" rather than the child. And I wouldn't use "learning center," because your group is so small--which is an asset that's hidden in that name that implies a larger group.

I love the idea of incorporating your last name, because it implies a close-knit group; perfect for what you'll do. Cottonwood Circle Child Care? Child's Circle? Learning Circle? Cottonwood Learning Circle? I'd keep messing about with it and see what comes...
I don't use daycare either because here in Florida where there are a lot of adult centers that drop off and pick up the elderly for the day and take them to their day centers it gets confusing. I wanted to make it clear I was watching children.

Laurel
ObscureEpiphany 07:45 PM 05-10-2014
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:

I like both your ideas.

I agree about the connotation of "day care". Good point about learning center; that does sound center based instead of home based, doesn't it?
Keep the suggestions coming!
ObscureEpiphany 05:09 PM 05-11-2014
What about:

Friendship Circle Child Care
Learning Tree Child Care
Harmony Circle Child Care

I'm not happy with any of the Circle ones yet. I think I like the Cottonwood Tree best. Any more ideas?
fitsoflaughter 01:46 PM 10-16-2014
What about CottonWood Circle Child Care? My last name is Laughter (pronounced Lotter) but I wanted a spin off my name since I felt it was fitting, so I named my home Child care Fits of Laughter. I think it implies a fun environment. I spent the better part of two months coming up with my name. I think having a name makes you appear more professional and knowledgeable, I also prefer to use the term child care as it implies that you are truly caring for their children rather then just "babysitting" I have always hated that term. I have never once sat on a baby...
Controlled Chaos 03:18 PM 10-23-2014
I just licensed business with daycare in the name yesterday...now it's going to bug me
Dilley Beans 11:29 AM 11-03-2014
Everyone in my area uses "Daycare" and we have a lot of old folks homes so I'm not worried about the use of daycare, don't sweat it.
Givingthemgrace 10:35 AM 11-07-2014
I like Cottonwood Childcare. Or what about Little Cottonwood Daycare?
KIDZRMYBIZ 11:13 AM 11-13-2014
Probably a little late to give my 2 cents, but how about Cottonwood Circle Childcare. With an acronym CCC.
Elgoono 02:50 PM 11-17-2014
Padawons
meeks 06:18 AM 12-05-2014
Originally Posted by Givingthemgrace:
I like Cottonwood Childcare. Or what about Little Cottonwood Daycare?
I vote for Cottonwood Childcare
Tags:daycare name
Reply Up