Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help - My 2.5 Yr Old Son Won't Nap Anymore!
Unregistered 02:30 PM 01-18-2011
Hi,
I have a home childcare preschool with 4-5 2 yr olds including my son. Just since last week he hasn't been napping at all. He is usually quiet during nap time and has been hanging out in my bedroom with me while I try to work on paperwork etc. The main problem is that around 4 or 5 pm he gets really overtired (wild and out of control) which causes problems with the other 2 boys that are here until almost 6pm. He has been sleeping much earlier at night, about 7pm instead 8:30 when he takes a nap, so that has been kind of nice. I just need a break and want him to stay in his bed at least like all the other kids. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!
laundrymom 07:33 PM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hi,
I have a home childcare preschool with 4-5 2 yr olds including my son. Just since last week he hasn't been napping at all. He is usually quiet during nap time and has been hanging out in my bedroom with me while I try to work on paperwork etc. The main problem is that around 4 or 5 pm he gets really overtired (wild and out of control) which causes problems with the other 2 boys that are here until almost 6pm. He has been sleeping much earlier at night, about 7pm instead 8:30 when he takes a nap, so that has been kind of nice. I just need a break and want him to stay in his bed at least like all the other kids. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!
Could you wake him earlier? My kids get up at 530-6 ish. Except my oldest who works nights. But mine have been getting up between 4 and 6 since birth and were always ready for their naps.
Tags:sleep problems, won't sleep
Reply Up