Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Discounted curriculum?
LittleScholars 08:13 AM 12-29-2016
Does anyone know of companies that sell older curriculum sets at discounted prices?

I use Mother Goose Time, and we are always way behind because I supplement a lot and have a young group. I'd love to stock up on curriculum that isn't full price. I feel like someone mentioned they do that on this forum. I'm only interested in curriculum that comes with materials and doesn't require printing.
daycare 08:57 AM 12-29-2016
Originally Posted by LittleScholars:
Does anyone know of companies that sell older curriculum sets at discounted prices?

I use Mother Goose Time, and we are always way behind because I supplement a lot and have a young group. I'd love to stock up on curriculum that isn't full price. I feel like someone mentioned they do that on this forum. I'm only interested in curriculum that comes with materials and doesn't require printing.
the learning box sales what they call sample curriculum, but it is actual curriculum that was distributed from years previous. It is only $15 for like 5 kids plus shipping.
LittleScholars 09:07 AM 12-29-2016
Originally Posted by daycare:
the learning box sales what they call sample curriculum, but it is actual curriculum that was distributed from years previous. It is only $15 for like 5 kids plus shipping.
Oh wow!! That's exactly what I was hoping to find! Thanks!!
sunlight 12:42 PM 12-29-2016
Hi guys hope everyone is having a great day!
I just went on to the Little Box website and thought it was cool. Until I tried to place an order for 5 kiddos at 3 days a week. The total charge with shipping was $73.56!

I have been using and will continue to use Early Start Curriculum. It may not be as cute as Funshine Express or Mother Goose Time but it contains pretty much what you need for teaching. I do add some crafts I find on Pinterest a few times per month. If I order for 6 kids it is only $31.95 per month. Shipping included!!
LittleScholars 08:10 AM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by sunlight:
Hi guys hope everyone is having a great day!
I just went on to the Little Box website and thought it was cool. Until I tried to place an order for 5 kiddos at 3 days a week. The total charge with shipping was $73.56!

I have been using and will continue to use Early Start Curriculum. It may not be as cute as Funshine Express or Mother Goose Time but it contains pretty much what you need for teaching. I do add some crafts I find on Pinterest a few times per month. If I order for 6 kids it is only $31.95 per month. Shipping included!!
Oh, really?! I feel like I pay a small fortune for MGT. Does Early Start come with all of the materials you need for the day? I don't mind supplying some, but I'm super pregnant and I can't prioritize collecting materials in the foreseeable future.
sunlight 08:24 AM 12-30-2016
For the most part Early Start does supply everything you need. Like most pre-packed curriculum out there, it has a monthly theme and daily worksheets to go with that theme. I don't do a 5 day a week preschool just a 3 day a week since my kiddos are only 2 and 3 and one 4 year old here.
It is more kid friendly than Funshine Express or MGT so you don't have to cut and glue etc. everything for the children they can actually do most of it themselves. There is a teachers pack every month with lots of great ideas! It doesn't arrive in a big box, but rather in a large envelope like a manila style one. It does contain a calender you can hang monthly but no other type of hangables if you will. I think it is worth it because of its actually a great learning tool with numbers and letters, shapes, colors etc. And you really can't beat the price!!! I do supplement a craft or two per month just for that extra touch because I enjoy it.
Good luck on your pregnancy!!!!
Blackcat31 08:56 AM 12-30-2016
I've heard this one is pretty inexpensive and includes all the required materials.

http://carolscurriculum.com/
Reply Up